Wifi issues after updating to 4.4.4

Search This thread

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
I updated my C6833 via the Sony Update Service tool to 4.4.4 and have noticed since the update that my wifi drops in and out and it seems to show that it is running on my mobile data network for a brief second whilst wifi is connected. I don't remember this happening in the past.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

tsiros

Jan 13, 2006
can you try something for me, please?

install a terminal emulator, like juice SSH. run it and connect to 'localhost'.

go very near your router and do

ping your router's IP

let it run for a while, see the response times. are they consistent or do they fluctuate?

stop it by pressing ctrl+c

exit by either closing the window or pressing ctrl+d if your keyboard has it (like hacker's keyboard)

Last edited:

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
WiFi was really bad this morning. Connecting, disconnecting and reconnecting every 1-2 seconds. So I tried switching to the 2.4ghz channel of my router from the 5ghz and it seems to be stable now. Not sure if my router or phone is the issue.

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
No issues for me. Using C6833 ftf on C6802

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lightbird

Dec 28, 2013
did you ever tryed a custom rom that required to unlock the bootloader? Often had that which a 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 nightly build from CyagenMod after updating.

solution for me: restore TA-Keys and use the repair option in the Update Centre.

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hello Good People,
My device is doing the same thing. I awoke to a device with a drained battery due to the wifi connecting and disconnecting every few seconds.
And other tips?
Sony Xperia 4.4.4 Stock and rooted

T.I.A.

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Yes, I am on Stock ROM, did a reset and still the same thing.
The device connects and disconnects over and over till the phone gets hot, and drains the battery :(

tsiros

Jan 13, 2006
i guess we have to accept that this is just bad engineering, either software or hardware.

Next phone is not going to be android... already my zu is slowly dying, usb port doesn't connect very well, i have to keep the cable very straight (have tried at least ten cables, it's not a problem with the cable) to have a good connection... and i am sick of firefox losing pages and redownloading them costing me time and money.

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hmm i was on stock with no issues, I suggest you flash stone HD kitkat rom it's based on stock and can be flashed with locked bootloader

Well, got StoneHD Rom up and running, nice Rom!
But still the same Wifi issue of connecting and disconnecting constantly, thus making the phone hot and draining the battery ever so quickly!
:(

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Yes, "always scanning" is off.
Could be a bum phone!
Sometimes the wifi connects, and its good. Other times it’s a no go.

Any chance of modifying the wifi script?

T.I.A.

Top Liked Posts