[Q] T-mobile WiFi calling on S5 Rom

Search This thread

bema2525

May 6, 2010
Greer
Do anyone know a working method to add wifi calling to S5 Rom I love the rom only issue is I don't have signal at the house ...
If you can link me to the apps and libs for kitkat t-mobile wifi calling and whatever else is required I can try add it myself thanks

re: wifi calling

Do anyone know a working method to add wifi calling to S5 Rom I love the rom only issue is I don't have signal at the house ...
If you can link me to the apps and libs for kitkat t-mobile wifi calling and whatever else is required I can try add it myself thanks

If your phone is a Tmobile SM-G900T S5 model it already has Wifi Calliing
unless you have flashed a non Tmobile SM-G900T S5 rom.

There are NO apps at the playstore which enable wifi-calling.

The only way to have wifi calling is to have a Tmobile SM-G900T S5
phone with either Tmobile SM-G900T S5 4.4.2 stock rom or Tmobile
S5 SM-G900T custom 4.4.2 Kitkat based roms.

Any other roms will not have wifi calling.

Good luck!

Last edited:

bema2525

May 6, 2010
Greer
If your phone is a Tmobile S5 model it already has Wifi Calliing
unless you flashed a non Tmobile S5 rom.

There are NO apps at the playstore which enable wifi-calling.

The only way to have wifi calling is to have a Tmobile S5
phone with either Tmobile S5 4.4.2 stock rom or Tmobile
S5 custom 4.4.2 Kitkat based roms.

Any other roms will not have wifi calling.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply I understand what you are saying so if someone port the s5 from from an official t-mobile s5 it'll work? I was Abe to transfer most of the WiFi calling apps and libs it's shows in setting I can turn it on but that's it I'm missing something I pulled it from t-mobile s5 Rom thread

Thanks for your reply I understand what you are saying so if someone port the s5 from from an official t-mobile s5 it'll work? I was Abe to transfer most of the WiFi calling apps and libs it's shows in setting I can turn it on but that's it I'm missing something I pulled it from t-mobile s5 Rom thread

You have not revealed your phone's model yet.

But none of the ported roms have or are compatible with wifi calling
and none of them have wifi calling ability.

If your phone is NOT a Tmobile phone it will never have working wifi
calling regardless what roms, ported roms or modifications you make.

Good luck!

Last edited:

bema2525

May 6, 2010
Greer
You have not revealed your phone's model yet.

But none of the ported roms have or are compatible with wifi calling
and none of them have wifi calling ability.

If your phone is NOT a Tmobile phone it will never have working wifi
calling regardless what roms, ported roms or modifications you make.

Good luck!

I have a T-mobile galaxy note 3 and the s5 Rom have WiFi calling for t-mobile shouldn't be much different right? Theirs always a way the specs aren't that off if I can get all files WiFi calling requires to work I'm willing to try something

I have a T-mobile galaxy note 3 and the s5 Rom have WiFi calling for t-mobile shouldn't be much different right? Theirs always a way the specs aren't that off if I can get all files WiFi calling requires to work I'm willing to try something

Both the S5 and the Note 3 have wifi calling ability as
long as you use stock or stock based custom roms.
There is no need to modify, add or change any files.

If you are trying to use a ported/modified S5 rom
in your Note 3 the wifi calling feature will not work.
Modifying, changing or adding files will not make
the wifi calling work on any ported/modified roms
of any kind.

And that's all there is to it! LOL

OK check out this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696134&page=80 they have WiFi calling working on s5 port sprint how come it can't be done for t-mobile? Can someone one post the WiFi calling files or let me know all the required files so I can work on this thanks...

Yes, I checked it out and the reason it has wifi calling is because SPRINT added that feature
for the Sprint branded Galaxy Note 3 and soon for the Sprint branded Galaxy S5.
Regardless of the fact that SPRINT recently added wifi calling to their phones it does not mean
that the SPRINT wifi calling can be ported to other brands and or models of phones.

It has nothing to do with Tmobile, Tmobile phones already have wifi calling if you use a
Tmobile branded S5 or Note 3 and a Tmobile NB4/NE6 based stock or custom rom and
an active Tmobile sim card.

None of the PORTED or AOSP roms will have wifi calling if you don't have a Tmobile
branded phone and don't use the NB4/NE6 N900T based custom or stock roms.

Last edited:

bema2525

May 6, 2010
Greer
Ok check pics got everything like it should look my only problem is check the pics is t-mobile s5 sim card different from the t-mobile note 3? Any ideas i can connect to wifi no data my imei goes away airplane mode turns on every boot baseband is blank all this happens when i switch telephony-common.jar when i go back to original my signal..im sure i dont know what im talking about but any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402074780597.jpg
    1402074780597.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 1402074796802.jpg
    1402074796802.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 1402074811571.jpg
    1402074811571.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 256