[Q] Insufficient space error (only Whatsapp)... but plenty of it in all partitions

Search This thread

alb3rto

Apr 22, 2012
Long time reader at XDA and long time Android user...
Anyway, here is the issue: I'm trying to update Whatsapp Messenger on my Samsung S Plus (i9001), with CM 10.1 on it.
I got the infamous "insufficient storage" error...

Here's what I did:
- I cleared the cache;
- I uninstalled whatsapp and tried to install it again: now I cannot install it anymore, same error;
- I tried both to download from play store and to install the apk downloaded from wa website;
- I've no problems to update all the other apps or install new ones!
- I checked the partions: more than 600MB on /data, more than 3GB on internal sd and more than 10GB on external sd... plenty of space everywhere.

I would really like to avoid doing a factory reset... any help appreciated! ;)

Last edited:

alb3rto

Apr 22, 2012
I attach the screenshot of the partitions...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-30-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-30-28.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 44

alb3rto

Apr 22, 2012
I think i might be due to junk files in the /data partition which might not be accesible to whatsapp.. A randonm guess though..

Download CCleaner and scan for junk files.. Remove the files.. Then try see if that works..

Thank you for the input! :victory:
Long story short: I didn't install CCleaner, but actually looked for junk files in /data... I found two files left in /data/app-lib/com.whatsapp-1, deleted the whole com.whatsapp-1 folder with CM file manager (root mode), and I've been able to reinstall Whatsapp without problems!

Thank you dude :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I attach the screenshot of the partitions...

I think i might be due to junk files in the /data partition which might not be accesible to whatsapp.. A randonm guess though..

Download CCleaner and scan for junk files.. Remove the files.. Then try see if that works..