[Q] E:signature verification failed ClockWorkMod

Search This thread

simmps

Sep 4, 2010
Liverpool
Hi Guys

been searching for hours for a solution but can't find anything.

Installed Lambros Rom - all fine. I've booted into recovery to put my old rom on and I get the following error:

E: Can't Open/cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard--
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

So i've reformatted the card, wiped the phone cache and tried several different rom and I get the same error. Using ClockWorkMod recovery and rom manager.

Can anyone help? Is this a common error?

Bootloader 0.80
Baseband 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.20

craig432

Sep 17, 2010
Try disabling verification in clockwork. From memory I think its under the advanced option. It says toggle verification. Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

TheGhost1233

Apr 23, 2010
It is the signature verification but to toggle it you need to (in recovery) go to 'install update from zip' and there should be the option to toggle it.

chribonn

Oct 29, 2010
www.AlanBonnici.com
OnePlus 8
I have the same problem. My question is whether there is anything I can do to avoid this problem the next time I upgrade to a newer version of leedroid?

BTW my HTC Desire was unrooted using the unrevoked method and I'm currently running leedroid 2.2f.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

simmps

Sep 4, 2010
Liverpool
I still have bootloader 0.80 - this sort of indicates I didn't upgrade to the OTA 2.2 can someone back me up on this?

If I unroot my phone to 2.1 using a gold card and then re-root do you think this will work?

Taulbee

Oct 31, 2010
Mississippi
It is the signature verification but to toggle it you need to (in recovery) go to 'install update from zip' and there should be the option to toggle it.
^ This.

All you have to do is go into recovery, install zip file from sd, and toggle the signature verification. This has happened to me a few times; I just simply toggled it, and the ROM flashed perfectly.

Niteruner

Jul 17, 2010
Cologne
sorry for ressurecting, but i have a similar problem.
wanted to install a custom rom and for some reason it failed und bricked my phone.

i boot into fastboot, but every time i want to flash a new rom, it says "signatur verfication failed" and i do not have the option to toggle it off.

hboot 0.80

TheGhost1233

Apr 23, 2010
wanted to install a custom rom and for some reason it failed und bricked my phone.

i boot into fastboot, but every time i want to flash a new rom, it says "signatur verfication failed" and i do not have the option to toggle it off.

hboot 0.80

You need to be in recovery, not in fastboot.
Are you even rooted and have a custom recovery image?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

simmps

Sep 4, 2010
Liverpool

hboot 0.80

You need a fake flash recovery image.

AmonRa version can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=689778

download it, place it on SD card. Boot into fast boot, chose run update.zip and it will boot in to the fake flash this is where you get all the option you need.

Get back to me if you have an trouble.

chribonn

Oct 29, 2010
www.AlanBonnici.com
OnePlus 8
I have the same problem. My question is whether there is anything I can do to avoid this problem the next time I upgrade to a newer version of leedroid?

BTW my HTC Desire was unrooted using the unrevoked method and I'm currently running leedroid 2.2f.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I have exalty the same problem as you. I have been looking all over the place for a tutorial I could follow. I even downloaded a zip signer and tried to sign the update.zip file I downloaded from the leedroid thread on xda. It did not work.

May 9, 2010
From what I understand from the above:
You have the exact problem as you :confused:
:rolleyes:

techbx

Oct 2, 2010
I think if you're on the leaked 2.2 rom you won't be able to use clockwork recovery successfully. You'll have to downgrade to 2.1, root, install clockwork recovery and then install the rom.

That's what worked for me.

carl00

Jan 2, 2011
I've read all these posts, but my phone refuses to show me the clockwork recovery menu.. no matter what I do, I always get the android system recovery menu..

Please help..

Also, I cant get my phone into recovery/download mode using the 3 button combo. I've tried every possible combination, but the only way I can get to the default 'android' recovery menu is by using the ROM Manager app.

Galaxy: GT i9000
Baseband: i9000DDjP2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S605#1
Build: FROYO.DDjP6

buckshotjr

Oct 26, 2010
Hey guys, if you're still having this 'Signature Verification Failed" nonsense and Clockwork Mod is not letting you flash anything, check this thread (on the third page, my post tells you the fix), I just solved my own issue :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=944426&page=3

Good luck, post back if you have questions/comments, I'll check back and hopefully find you solved your problems as I have :)

Cheers

Last edited:

siroj

Sep 29, 2010
I am having the same exact issues. But i have found a workaround that is working for me.
When presented with the error, i go to the "Advanced" menu and select "Reboot recovery". After rebooting, on my phone, the process will start as desired ;)