Samsung Ativ-S WP8 is Official

Search This thread

Dr.8820

Jul 11, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm not a Samsung fan, but as a Tmo customer, this might be as good as it gets.

Sent from the Maverick @ Cedar Point using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
So next week, just the outer shell will be different for Nokia?

Samsung aimed straight for the gut.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Huawei P30
Xiaomi Poco F3
The ativ looks really nice. I'm tempted already.

The design and aluminum elements look real good. And good screen size too. And internal specs.

Might be the best of the windows 8 handsets as well the first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: ananthulasrikar

svknet

Mar 30, 2012
svknet.wordpress.com
Any idea if Ativ-S would have micro-sim or normal sim. I am sure Nokia would have micro-sim like its current Lumia range, and hence I bought Samsung Omnia W :)

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
I love the look of the phone but HATE the windows button styling. I think it is the silver border around it. It just spoils it and sticks out like a sore thumb. I am not against a hardware button, just the look of this particular one.

DDReaper

Oct 24, 2010
Sorry guys but, it's plastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Cv2TPSNRM

Samsung you are a cheap SOB

Nokia what's up? :D

i wouldn't be so sure of that ;)

you have the windows phone official blog on one side wich had all the time they need to test the phone and said that the phone is made of brushed alluminium
on the other side you have a wierd russian blog wich had no time to test the phone and quicly say that it's plastic.

I will wait for more information to make a conclusion.

narta

Nov 2, 2007
i wouldn't be so sure of that ;)

you have the windows phone official blog on one side wich had all the time they need to test the phone and said that the phone is made of brushed alluminium
on the other side you have a wierd russian blog wich had no time to test the phone and quicly say that it's plastic.

I will wait for more information to make a conclusion.

If you look closely the official windows phone blog said that it has an aluminum CHASSIS not backdoor.

there's yet another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Sc5IDdFjI and if you look at 2:00 it bends the backcover way too much for it to be aluminum and not retain that bend

Probably it's a plastic backcover with an aluminum film on top

It's still a premium device, but I 'm just having second thoughts about being my first choice until I see Nokia and HTC

Top Liked Posts