Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

Search This thread

rudefyet

Oct 4, 2007
Update is still MIA.

I found a couple comments that are of questionable accuracy.

First one I found said Sony removed the update and is going to let AT&T distribute it. This person claimed the Sony website said this. No link provided and I have not found the website that backs this statement up.

Second, which I'm more inclined to believe, stated Sony was having technical difficulties and the person was advised to try again later. No specific source mentioned, but it sounds like this person could have contacted Sony.

I'll keep trying and update this post/thread when it becomes available again.

Last edited:

ebaul

Mar 7, 2008
York
Update is still MIA.

I found a couple comments that are of questionable accuracy.

First one I found said Sony removed the update and is going to let AT&T distribute it. This person claimed the Sony website said this. No link provided and I have not found the website that backs this statement up.

Second, which I'm more inclined to believe, stated Sony was having technical difficulties and the person was advised to try again later. No specific source mentioned, but it sounds like this person could have contacted Sony.

I'll keep trying and update this post/thread when it becomes available again.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Xperia-TL-Update/td-p/3437271

Reactions: rudefyet

broken5

Mar 3, 2013
I spoke with a Sony rep on the phone and they said that PC Companion update is under maintenance which is why the update is not happening. She gave me a workaround using Update Service for now so I could update to Jelly Bean but it didn't work which I assumed would be the case. I guess we'll have to wait it out until they have the update running again.

Tae.One

Sep 15, 2011
Sony definitively removed it from their site.

Checked a cached version of the Sony support site, launched the Java applet and it said that I was up-to-date.

Tae.One

Sep 15, 2011
meant to clarify that comment but had to wait 5 min between post and forgot about it. What I meant was, it seems like there is a bug. Why would they spend this much time getting it out. Unless its just the fact that its the weekend and it will be available Monday.

broken5

Mar 3, 2013
I called the Sony Mobile number again and two different people there are now telling me that the servers are overwhelmed which is causing the issue with the update not happening. I was told that it will probably be around a week before it's working again which seems pretty ridiculous.

Tae.One

Sep 15, 2011
I called the Sony Mobile number again and two different people there are now telling me that the servers are overwhelmed which is causing the issue with the update not happening. I was told that it will probably be around a week before it's working again which seems pretty ridiculous.

That seems strange. I didn't think there were that many people that have the TL. If Sony can roll out a fw for PS3 and not have there servers go down, I'm sure they would be able to do so with the TL.

broken5

Mar 3, 2013
That seems strange. I didn't think there were that many people that have the TL. If Sony can roll out a fw for PS3 and not have there servers go down, I'm sure they would be able to do so with the TL.

I completely agree with you. It seems like the call center reps have not been told the real issue. I assume they most likely found some type of major issue with the update and had to take it down but I am purely speculating.

osiris010

Oct 4, 2007
Wallet is an epic pain in the ass... Try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2126241

Works with CM10 on the T, I haven't had a chance to test it with stock Sony firmware yet.

Lol alright thanks I'll check this out.
I have heard its sort of a headache but I'm intrigued with this RFID/NFC capabilities. I don't have any practical use for the SmartTags at the moment (I like the idea that you can store your home wireless info and password on it so friends don't have to mess with complicated passwords but none of my friend have updated to NFC equipped phones yet so it's useless right now) but Wallet could actually be useful

Sent from my LT30at using xda app-developers app

rudefyet

Oct 4, 2007
I'm just going to wait for an ftf at this point.

I'm running the generic .489 and it's near perfect. All I want is the new baseband if there is one.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts