A-Data 16GB MicroSDHC Class 6

Search This thread

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta
I'm using one in mine now. I bought it from newegg a few months ago, looks like the prices went up some. I paid $49 deilvered for mine with no adapters. Now they want $20 more for it.

It works great, I highly recomend Adata. I have a 8gb class 6 as well. Don't know if there's any price drops on the way but you may want to go the 8gb route for under $20 and wait and see.

Ramsfan_Jim

May 7, 2008
Leicestershire

Works for me on HTC Touch Pro 2. I would have said no problems at all, and generally I haven't - it works fine for daily use, however:-
I have had a curious problem where if the phone is fully chrged while turned off, it then wouldn't recognise the MicroSd until I took it out and accessed it from a PC first. Easy to avoid by taking the card out before charging, or charging whil the device is on.

I then had my first major problem yesterday. I took the card out to flash the new Energy ROM after backing up, but then putting the card back in post-flash it wouldn't recognise it - and neither would the PC. I had to reformat and restore all the data (painful for 16Gb!). I am now going to keep a full backup regularly..

Otherwise, fully recommended after 4-5 months use.

klash

Jul 24, 2008
Oakland, ca

kareeem

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 19, 2006
Southern California
I'm using one in mine now. I bought it from newegg a few months ago, looks like the prices went up some. I paid $49 deilvered for mine with no adapters. Now they want $20 more for it.

It works great, I highly recomend Adata. I have a 8gb class 6 as well. Don't know if there's any price drops on the way but you may want to go the 8gb route for under $20 and wait and see.
Is yours a class 6 though?

edmondt

Mar 21, 2006
Toronto
I'm sure its a Class 6, I have the A-Data 16GB MicroSDHC Class 6 and it even work great on the Kaiser.

sdlopez83

Aug 8, 2007
NY-Chile
I bought one. Regret it. I cannot flash ROMS off it as it isnt recognized by my device until its booted. I have to use a different card when flashing roms which is a real pain.

Bump,

I regret it as well. I however am a total moran. I Bought the same class 6 8gb adata for my kaiser. I could not flash from the card then. I cannot flash NOW. Spent like 50 bucks. So Pissed. What a waste!

Do not recommend this card.

Mar 31, 2006
Nashville
I have bought adata products in the past and haven't had the best of luck with them. Their reliability seems suspect. I was going to buy two of their full-sized SD cards for our camcorder from NewEgg a couple of months ago, but the reviews seemed to indicate an unusual amount of problems despite the overall high rating. Enough that I wasn't willing to take the chance. I would look for another brand.

One of these perhaps:
RiData (Ritek) class 6. I've had good luck with them in the past.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820183245

The OCZ is probably good too, but it's out of stock at the moment. Same thing for the Transcend.

s0leFUNK

Aug 14, 2009
Works fine in the T-Mo TP2. I never tried flashing from the sd card so I dont know how that works but for everything else (games, music, movies, etc..) it works flawlessly.

Got mine from Amazon. Hassle free packaging + next day air = $50 when I got it.

Any word on a 32gb micro yet?

rowedave76

Nov 7, 2008
I have this card as well and the only issue I have is that the card goes to sleep when the screen turns off. This generally just means I can not listen to MP3's from the storage card while I have the screen off. I would not purchase an A-Data card again.

I'll be looking at getting a new card soon.