[Q] Stuck on Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop

Search This thread

Cinestra

Oct 10, 2013
Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?

Last edited:

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?

Install a rom.

Cinestra

Oct 10, 2013
Unable to install a rom

I originally got into this spot when I was trying to install ViperOne onto my phone. Unfortunately, I don't have any other roms on my phone right now, and my computer doesn't recognize my phone while it's in ClockWorkMod or while it's in Bootloader (although I do here a ding sound whenever I connect my HTC One to the computer, I just can't see where the driver is at. And I'm not quite sure if I can do anything with it anyways).

Because my computer is unable to recognize my phone, I can't put on any roms onto my phone. So I can't install any new ones.

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.

Cinestra

Oct 10, 2013
That seems like a viable solution

Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.

Thank you for the advice, that seems like a viable solution. However, are there any other solutions that wouldn't require me buying external hardware? I don't understand how I really even got into this recovery loop in the first place...

Would you just download a rom onto the card, plug that into the USB-otg cable, and then install it on the phone?
I'm just wondering... is it certain that the rom is the problem though?
What if it's the Clockworkmod?
If possible, I would just like to revert back to TWRP so i could just load its backups.

Last edited: