[ROM] [4.4.4] [F2FS] CM11.0/SGT7 for P4WIFI and P4 [20141008]

Search This thread

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
How do you flash the bootloader on mobile Odin? Could only flash the recovery

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

i wouldn't recommend using mobile odin for the bootloader.

^ as stated, wouldn't recommended Mobile ODIN for bootloaders because it does NOT flash bootloaders intentionally. It flashes everything else but the bootloader.

I did and mobile Odin worked great

Sent from my G

For the recovery? Mobile ODIN works great for that.

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for P4WIFI only [20130216]

I did both and haven't experienced any trouble.

Sent from my G

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
^ as stated, wouldn't recommended Mobile ODIN for bootloaders because it does NOT flash bootloaders intentionally. It flashes everything else but the bootloader.

For the recovery? Mobile ODIN works great for that.

I did both and haven't experienced any trouble.

Sent from my G

Then you lucky. I saw so many guys which had problems with bootloops after or bricked there tabs/smartphones. I dont use Mobile Odin anymore. So i wouldnt recommend this app too.;)

Guys, i'm using JB 4.1.1, does it mean I already have this ICS bootloader?

No. Only if you flash a bootloader since you flashed CM10 or Stock ICS.

FelipeRRM

Aug 10, 2010
Then you lucky. I saw so many guys which had problems with bootloops after or bricked there tabs/smartphones. I dont use Mobile Odin anymore. So i wouldnt recommend this app too.;)

No. Only if you flash a bootloader since you flashed CM10 or Stock ICS.

So if I flash the ROM the way the tablet is now, it won't work? How can I see if i have this bootloader?

And is everything working on this ROM? Camera and everything?

Last edited:

jittusm

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
In other words all works fine and no issues compared to vanilla CM10.1 for the p4?
till now no issues. fingers crossed. using themes coupled with changing the dpi >applying theme and then changing back the dpi. its cumbersome but it works.

Also LMT launcher for PIE (paranoid android) and xposed installer for per app dpi settings. now i have PA and SGT7 in one ROM :)

Last edited:

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
So if I flash the ROM the way the tablet is now, it won't work? How can I see if i have this bootloader?

And is everything working on this ROM? Camera and everything?

I think all is working fine. And you ROM still working if you flash it. But its recommend to flash the ICS Bootloader and the new recovery with odin on pc. You got all of them here. Choose the folder of your tablet, p4 for 3g and p4wifi for wifi-only. Downlaod the recovery.tar and the bootloader. Maybe you must extract the file if its a zip file. To flash with odin you must got a tar.md5. Then flash all together with odin on pc. Its very simple. After that you can flash this ROM with complete fullwipe. Dont forget;) the Gapps.

lancem71

Sep 28, 2008
Olathe, KS
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for P4WIFI only [20130216]

Nice ROM.....one question though. How do you get cLock widget to show farenheit instead of celcius? I have checked and unchecked metric tab to no avail.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Settings/system/clock widget/weather panel uncheck metric.

Last edited:

maelstromm

May 3, 2009
NYC
Made the switch from the nightlies and really liking how fast and snappy everything is. Will test some more but I'm really liking how fast everything is without needing to overclock!

Reactions: rickyq12

iceman198

Oct 22, 2009
Waterboro Maine
www.duttonbiz.com
Have stock ICS

Sorry if this is a dumb question but didn't want to end up with a bricked device and couldn't find a clear answer.

Just picked this puppy up...it had stock honeycomb and then I just kept letting it do it's updates and now I'm on ICS. So, do I already have the ICS bootloader? Also, do I have to worry about unlocking the bootloader? From what I understand, that is only for the 10.1v, right?

Thanks for your help guys. Looking forward to getting JB on this thing.

pulsorock

Aug 27, 2005
PR
www.pulsorock.com
I have this tablet with Stock ROM (4.0.4 - IMM76D.UELPL) and I want to install CM 10.1, but wondering what are the known issues.

I read someplace there were some issues with the camera, but those bugs are like almost a year ago, is this still an issue with the latests nightlies? It seems there is no stable build yet, but wanted to know the known issues with this ROM before going forward and installing it.

Thanks!

SpinTX

Nov 7, 2009
Houston
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for P4WIFI only [20130223]

Sorry if this is a dumb question but didn't want to end up with a bricked device and couldn't find a clear answer.

Just picked this puppy up...it had stock honeycomb and then I just kept letting it do it's updates and now I'm on ICS. So, do I already have the ICS bootloader? Also, do I have to worry about unlocking the bootloader? From what I understand, that is only for the 10.1v, right?

Thanks for your help guys. Looking forward to getting JB on this thing.

Sounds like you got the bootloader because you're using stock ICS. I wasnt sure if I had the bootloader either and I was just told to flash it via Odin just to be safe. I don't recall anything about locked/unlocked bootloaders. Of course, you do have to worry about having root and a custom recovery though!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I don't have the latest nightly, but camera works and I've had some rare instances of the launcher crashing. That's about it!

Last edited:

pietropizzi

Aug 3, 2008
Vienna
P4 Version running great here, my wife prefers the old tablet-ui

Could you please keep on building for P4 also, as it's working flawlessly ?

Thanks !

deanster147

Jan 28, 2011
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for P4WIFI only [20130223]

Loving this rom. Haven't had any problems yet. Just a quick question.
How can you take a screen shot?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

iceman198

Oct 22, 2009
Waterboro Maine
www.duttonbiz.com
Sounds like you got the bootloader because you're using stock ICS. I wasnt sure if I had the bootloader either and I was just told to flash it via Odin just to be safe. I don't recall anything about locked/unlocked bootloaders. Of course, you do have to worry about having root and a custom recovery though!

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I don't have the latest nightly, but camera works and I've had some rare instances of the launcher crashing. That's about it!

Awesome, thanks for your response. Just wanted to confirm.

I'll be trying this out today or tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is for the GT-P7510 (P4WIFI) and the GT-P7500 (P4) only.

Note that I don't own a p4 and can't test those builds.

CM11.2/KK 4.4.4 ROM with SGT7 Framework and Settings enhancements.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM11.0 Download p4wifi:

Dev-Host

CM11.0 Download p4:

Dev-Host

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM10.2 Download p4wifi:

Goo.im
    Dev-Host

CM10.2 Download p4:

Goo.im
    Dev-Host

CM11.0 Installation:

* Make sure you have the correct bootloader installed. You need the ICS bootloader. You can find it on pershoots droidbasement. Flash via Odin.
    * Install a recent TWRP recovery. I suggest AAccount's version for the non-f2fs build.
    * Boot into recovery
    * Make a backup !
    * Wipe data, cache and dalvik
    * Install ROM
    * Install Banks Minimal Gapps
    * Reboot

* If you install the f2fs version follow the steps here and here.

CM10.2 Installation:

* Make sure you have the correct bootloader installed. You need the ICS bootloader. You can find it on pershoots droidbasement. Flash via Odin.
    * Install latest CWM 6.0.x. Download recovery.tar.md5 from droidbasement (or TWRP) and flash via Odin.
    * Boot into recovery
    * Make a backup !
    * Wipe data, cache and dalvik
    * Install ROM
    * Install Google Apps for CM 10.2.x from here: http://goo.im/gapps
    * Reboot

Thanks to:

pershoot
    sbradymobile (and all other SGT7 developers)
    CyanogenMod
    kasper_h
    AAccount
    nakedninja42

Sources:

https://github.com/loosethisskin
    https://github.com/pershoot
    https://github.com/sgt7
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Each new build uploaded will include the latest CM and SGT7 changes.

Changelog for kernel builds can be found here: loosethisskin/android_kernel_samsung_p4

Changelog:

[20141008]
    * Latest CM sources

[20140717]
    * Security: implement a pin keypad shuffler [helicopter88 / omni]
    * Enable screen-off animation style options

[20140716]
    * Back to disabled SELinux

[20140715]
    * Latest CM sources

[20140622]
    * Added CM11 build for p4

[20140620]
    * CM11.0 / KK 4.4.4 (p4wifi only)

[20140529]
    * F2FS build for p4wifi. Instructions and links can be found here.

[20140223]
    * Re-added CMAccount to fix setup issues

[20140222]
    * Latest CM sources (cm-10.2.1)

[20131019]
    * Latest CM and SGT7 changes

[20130923]
    * Removed CMStats and CMAccount
    * Trebuchet: Allow larger grid for 720p [sbrady]
    * Trebuchet: Change default to show grid size option for tablets [sbrady]
    * Framework/Settings: Recents RAM Bar (Settings -> Interface -> User interface) [SlimRoms/kasperhettinga]

[20130903]
    * Device: Enable USB charging by default
    * Settings: Fixed FC when hitting back button in Quick Settings Tiles and layout
    * Settings: Show advanced device settings only if available [sbrady]
    * Trebuchet: Only use drawer back activity with drawer intent [sbrady]
    * Framework/Settings: Add option to remove halo button from the notification drawer [sbrady]
    * Trebuchet: Make menu in launcher optional [sbrady]

[20130829]
    * Kernel: Overclocked GPU to 400Mhz [AAccount]
    * Kernel: frandom random number generator: http://www.billauer.co.il/frandom.html
    * Settings: DPI Changer (Interface -> User interface -> LCD Density)
    * Settings: Added .25x and .75x animation scale (Developer Options)
    Not sure if anyone is still using CM .... but a new 20141008 build is up.
    FAQ

3G connectivity issues: Read John Kester's post here.
    I'm currently hunting down a deep sleep issue introduced in a recent CM commit, which prevents deep sleep on todays cm-10.2 builds for all my devices (including the ones here). I think I found it the culprit commit though and will post new builds then.

EDIT:

I uploaded 20130829 builds that have the deep sleep issue fixed. However, a full wipe is required if upgrading from 20130828 for some reason. Otherwise deep sleep won't work (at least for me).