Info on Traveltek CA908 tablet

Search This thread

CytoBob

Dec 27, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
I received a Traveltek CA908 tablet as a Christmas gift this year and I have not seen much information on it anywhere. I am starting this thread as a repository of information. Feel free to contribute.

First, the specs:

CPU: ARM A20 Dual-Core Cortex A7 1.0Ghz
GPU: Quad-core ARM Mali 400 MP
Operating system: Android 4.2.2 JB
RAM: 1G DDR3
Nand Flash: 4GB
Memory Card: Micro-SD (SDHC, supports up to 32GB)
Display Screen: 9.7inch TFT LCD 1024x768
WIFI: 802.11 b/g/n
I/O Ports: 1x micro USB port, 1x host micro USB port, Micro-SD (SDHC), 3.5mm stereo out, 1080p HDMI out, DC 5V in
Speaker: 8Ω/1W, 1 speaker
Mic: Built-in
Cameras: Front 300K pixels, Rear 2MP
Battery: 3.7V/5500mAh, (4 hours work time)
Net weight: 550g
Size: 240.5*189.5*10MM

I'm also pretty sure this was bought from a home shopping channel in the USA.

Official user manual from Traveltek here (too large to upload)

Recovery mode was somewhat difficult to figure out. The volume buttons do not move the highlight; instead, slide a finger up/down on the "No command" message to move the highlight down/up. Pressing the power button or touching around the "No command" message will choose the highlighted option. Figuring this out took lots of trial and error.

The bootloader seems to be unlocked by default.

I was able to root the device by using Lannig's "utoo-root-signed.zip" file that can be found here.
Direct link here
Don't forget to thank Lannig. This download was blocked by Google Chrome as a malicious file, but all scans came up negative on the .zip and its contents.
To install:
Download file > copy to Micro-SD card > put Micro-SD in tablet > boot into recovery mode > load from TF > choose utoo-root-signed.zip > reboot tablet

I have not found any custom ROMs written specifically for this tablet.

Last edited:

i956

Jan 3, 2014
Reset?

Hi

I have another model of the same brand. I put a password in but forgot what it is and is trying to do a factory reset. I tried using power button and Vol+but it didn't work. Do you have another way to do a factory reset? Thanks for your time.

i956

I received a Traveltek CA908 tablet as a Christmas gift this year and I have not seen much information on it anywhere. I am starting this thread as a repository of information. Feel free to contribute.

First, the specs:

I/O Ports: 1x micro USB port, 1x host micro USB port, Micro-SD (SDHC), 3.5mm stereo out, 1080p HDMI out, DC 5V in

Recovery mode was somewhat difficult to figure out. The volume buttons do not move the highlight; instead, slide a finger up/down on the "No command" message to move the highlight down/up. Pressing the power button or touching around the "No command" message will choose the highlighted option. Figuring this out took lots of trial and error.

I was able to root the device by using Lannig's "utoo-root-signed.zip" file that can be found here.
Direct link here
Don't forget to thank Lannig. This download was blocked by Google Chrome as a malicious file, but all scans came up negative on the .zip and its contents.
To install:
Download file > copy to Micro-SD card > put Micro-SD in tablet > boot into recovery mode > load from TF > choose utoo-root-signed.zip > reboot tablet

CytoBob

Dec 27, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
Hi

I have another model of the same brand. I put a password in but forgot what it is and is trying to do a factory reset. I tried using power button and Vol+but it didn't work. Do you have another way to do a factory reset? Thanks for your time.

i956

You will need to enter into recovery mode to reset to factory settings. Turn the tablet completely off, hold the power and Vol+ buttons until the tablet boots into recovery mode, move the highlight to "wipe data/factory reset", then press the power button to select it. You will then need to go down the list to highlight "Yes" and press the power button again to choose it.

After completing the above steps your screen will say "Reset Complete". Once this message pops up, select "Reboot system now" (again, to take the option, press your power button once it is highlighted) and you will be brought back into the Android OS.

These steps are no different from all other Android devices. If you still have trouble after reading the above information, search for "Android recovery mode factory reset" on youtube for video tutorials.

Last edited:

ilgemello

Feb 4, 2011
GPS

First, the specs:

Direct link here
To install:

Just a Question:
Has this tablet a GPS Module?

AGLtech

Jul 6, 2013
Orlando, FL
I get into recovery fine but than my volume buttons dont move the highlighted selection. My volume buttons work for everything else

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

nevermind, i read better, lol

Ametenshi

Dec 30, 2014
Thanks for the help. I was following the on-screen instructions with the volume button with no success at all. The screen swiping worked.

Unfortunately, I'm fixing this tablet for a customer and the screen is a bit cracked. It's a quite thick plastic screen, so it doesn't completely fail. It took a lot of finesse, stroking and feeling uncomfortable with my life choices to get around that.

CytoBob

Dec 27, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
Thanks for the help. I was following the on-screen instructions with the volume button with no success at all. The screen swiping worked.

Unfortunately, I'm fixing this tablet for a customer and the screen is a bit cracked. It's a quite thick plastic screen, so it doesn't completely fail. It took a lot of finesse, stroking and feeling uncomfortable with my life choices to get around that.

Within 2 months of almost no use the battery had expanded so badly that the back panel started to snap off. I haven't tried doing anything with it since I tossed the battery.

All phones I have had in the past 4 years have been better and faster than this tablet.