[Q] D837 or D838

Search This thread

ray-lee

Jun 26, 2014
Hi,

I'm a Brit based in Hong Kong. I want some advice on whether to get the D837 or the D838? They're about the same price here and both parallel imported goods. Only thing I can see technically is that the D837 has more bands available.

now, I do go back to the UK, maybe twice a year, and I have a SIM card on GiffGaff. Reading up, it won't work on D838 4G, but not a major deal. It'd be nice to have 4G, but as I'm only there for a short time, it's not a sticking issue.

Would there be any other issues I should be wary of? Localisation issues/software/app problems? Would the dev scene be different? There's a lot of users with the D838 and most mods/development is on that. (not that there is much from what I've seen).

any guidance here would be great.

Thanks.

N55

Apr 25, 2007
London
The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.

Reactions: ray-lee

ray-lee

Jun 26, 2014
The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.

Thanks. I'm thinking the D838. i can't seem to find any firmware files (or anything really) for the D837 model.
Root should still work as normal, but will need testing. there's a lot to think about :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.