[ROM][WWE][May 16 2011]CAL 6.5.3[RC4]

Search This thread

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
Issues I have personally found are with the camera and sms.

Regarding the camera, it seems the first time you open it, the video is very choppy. If you flip to video and then back to photo again, it works properly again. I will have to see if I can figure this out for the next release.

Regarding text messaging, occasionally it seems to hang if you try to exit text messaging right after sending a message. I think it might have done this with RC3 as well. This might be tough to fix if I can't reliably reproduce the problem. :(

... address the light sensor and projector, video output problems, but also agps also very practical, looking forward to your excellent work
:p

yuwenqingxi, can you please describe the problems you are having with video output and projector? I don't have the ability to test either feature, so I have no idea how well they work.

As for the light sensor, can you tell me what aspect is not working? Auto backlight is turned on by default and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks,
TrueG

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
Had a good couple days with the ROM. No issues until recently where the ROM will not go into the Phone portion of the OS after the phone is on for about 3 hours. Even pressing the hardware button to get there won't do anything. The phone icon is useless and it just acts as if there is no way to make a phone call. The only way to use it is to restart the phone. I installed SPB Mobile Shell and hoping that isn't the issue. Do you do a device wipe after installing the ROM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think I may have replicated your problem. I installed SPB Mobile Shell for testing. After a day the phone became un-responsive. I had a call come in, but the dialer would not come up and I couldn't answer the phone. I had to soft reset my phone to call the person back.

It appears to only happen with SPB Mobile Shell. A good test would be to see if the problem happens with Dark's 23139 ROM. It would also be good to know if it happens with the stock ROM and CAL RC1, RC2 or RC3.

TrueG

TrueG

jayautros

Jan 16, 2008
LG Fathom VS750 rom

TrueG,
Is it possible to put your build on an LG Fathom/VS750?
I can pay up to $4,500; half for the 1st rom, the remaining on the final
stable one. I sent you a message to your blog, please contact me
at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Jason P

Etaduck

Sep 11, 2010
Dallas, TX
So far so good. Everything seems to be working well, did do a clean wipe after the install, seemed to clean up some minor issues. The only issue I have is with the function lock key staying on for an extra key stroke, before returning to normal.

Also, is the ROM missing Bluetooth drivers? I've never done it before but I was looking to use Bluetooth pan to share my network connection and don't see that option anymore.

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
So far so good. Everything seems to be working well, did do a clean wipe after the install, seemed to clean up some minor issues. The only issue I have is with the function lock key staying on for an extra key stroke, before returning to normal.

Also, is the ROM missing Bluetooth drivers? I've never done it before but I was looking to use Bluetooth pan to share my network connection and don't see that option anymore.

Ya, I've noticed that about the function key as well. Very annoying. I will have to try and look into that. I'm not sure how it functioned on the Fathom.

No, Bluetooth works just fine. I've used it to connect to my PC for activesync and file transfers as well as using my BT headset. Were you trying to use Internet Sharing with Bluetooth?

Because of the funny way Bluetooth is implemented, you can't use the built in Internet Sharing app to share your connection over Bluetooth. Broadcom's solution was to create a new Internet Sharing app and use it to replace the built in one. It is called IntShr.exe and you can find it in \Windows\. It is part of the Bluetooth package, but I had a problem getting it to work, so I don't have a shortcut to it in the Start Menu.

TrueG

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
... issue I have is with the function lock key staying on for an extra key stroke, before returning to normal.

I have been able to get a hold of a LG Fathom and it appears that Bluetooth PAN and Internet Sharing over Bluetooth doesn't work with the version of Bluetooth included with the Fathom.

Since I use the Fathom Bluetooth in this ROM, that would explain why it doesn't work. If this is important to anyone, I can revert Bluetooth back to the LG Monaco version in RC5.

The function key does not stay on for an extra stroke on the Fathom, so it is either a problem with using the Fathom SIP on the Monaco or it's a setting that I missed.

TrueG

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
Hi !

For me doesn't work projector. How resolve this problem ?

That will be tricky to fix since I don't have a projector to test. You may not be able to use this ROM if you need projector functionality.

I was hoping other cooks might post some ROMs, but that hasn't happened yet.

If I have time, I was thinking of posting a different ROM. One that would contain most of the original files, but have many of the same customizations as this ROM. It may not be as quick since I wouldn't be able to leave it uncompressed, but everything should be functional (since only selected files would be removed).

TrueG

alejandroborja

Aug 17, 2008
With this rom the projector doesnt work?

Hi friends, I try this rom in my LG EXPO, and runs great, very fast and stable, but the PROJECTOR doesnt work !!

Any person have only the CAB to install the projector??? thanks

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
My approach to creating this ROM was to start with the bare minimum and add back in anything missing so that the ROM would be as clean as possible.

That means there are probably some DLL's and/or resources missing that the projector needs. Since I don't have a projector, I am not able to determine which files those are.

I am planning on releasing another ROM which takes the opposite approach. That is to start with everything and remove the files that I know are not needed, keeping everything else. It would be bigger and probably not as quick, but the projector would work.

I have a lot going on right now, but hopefully I can get that up in the next week.

TrueG

Etaduck

Sep 11, 2010
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the info about the blue tooth, figured it was something like that, I don't use it very often, more just wanted to try it out.

As for the ROM, haven't noticed anything with the light sensor, seems to work well for me, and the whole ROM in general is working well. Just that fn lock, but I'm gettting use to it. I don't know about doing the other approach. If people want the projector to work just use Dragonstorms ROM, which did what you discussed. Removed what was possible. This ROM is quick and work's well and was much neeeded

Thanks again for all your work and breathing life into my phone again.

arcspeak

Feb 1, 2010
Fn lock

Ya, I've noticed that about the function key as well. Very annoying. I will have to try and look into that. I'm not sure how it functioned on the Fathom.

TrueG

I really like the way you can double press the Fn key to get Fn lock, which I find quicker and more reliable than pressing and holding the Fn key, but I also notice that the Fn effect stays on for one keystroke after the Fn status indicator is cleared. The other oddness with the hardware keyboard is reversal of - and _. Otherwise, this RC4 ROM is awesome: wonderfully fast, clean, and stable.

Thanks so much for your work!

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
I'm glad you guys like it.

arcspeak, are you sure the keys are switched?

the dash key "-" should be where the "F" key is.

the underscore key "_" is where the "O" key is.

They appear to be in the correct place on my phone.

I now also have a LG Fathom. The Internet Sharing over Bluetooth does not work on the Fathom, that is why it does not work in this ROM. I could fix it by reverting to the Monaco Bluetooth software.

Regarding the text messaging delays I was noticing. It appears to be a problem with Windows Mobile. If you have too many text messages from one person, it hangs a little when you exit conversation mode with that person. I noticed the problem after restoring my old text messages with MyPhone. After deleting the conversation (deleting all of the old messages from that person) the delay went away.

TrueG

arcspeak

Feb 1, 2010
arcspeak, are you sure the keys are switched?

the dash key "-" should be where the "F" key is.

the underscore key "_" is where the "O" key is.

TrueG

Yes, I'm definitely consistently getting a dash "-" from Fn-F and an underscore "_" from Fn-O. I've never seen it with other ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clean And Light 6.5.3
    RC4-2.png
    sshot002-1.png
    RC4-1.png

Release Candidate 4

- I'm open to suggestions for a new name.

Anyway, here are the details....

Code:
    RC1

OEM
    - OEMBT from VS750 v5
    - OEMDrivers from GW825V (cleaned up, more can be done)
    - OEMDriversHigh from GW825V 
    - OEMMisc (heavily cleaned up, base files from GW820G)
    - OEM_DPI_192 (empty)
    - OEM_Lang_0409 (cleaned up, initflashfiles.dat could use some more work)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_AdobePDF (2.5.0.0 / 1.0.404840)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_AutoTimeUpdate (Syncs to time zone, does not notify)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_ButtonConfig (custom button config)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_Camera (missing some files)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_InvokeSIMMgr (from HTC)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_OEMDialer (stock MS dialer with proximity sensor support)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_RotateManager
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_Settings (Power.exe & SensorSettings.exe from VS750, Bandprop.cpl from GW825V)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_Shared
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_Shutdown (stock shutdown animation)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_SIM_Mgr (from HTC)
    - PACKAGE_Monaco_TaskManager_v3_1 (still v3.1, don't like newest version)

XIP
    - MSXIP from 23127
    - OEMXIP from GW825V
    - WinCENLS from GW820G

SYS
    - Stock 23127
    - added ADC
    - added RemoteDesktopMobile from 23127
    - added Transcriber from 21913
    - added VoiceCommand from 21913

This ROM is based off the official GW825V release, so there are a few Chinese surprises here and there (like when you charge the phone while off).

I based it off of the GW825V because somehow it offers around 7MB of extra storage and program memory (as seen above).

RC2 Details:
    Code:
    Changes from RC1 (Test4)

OEM
    - Added LG Fathom Dialer (removed OEMDialer)
    - Added Tegic XT9 (from LG Fathom v7)
    - Added webdwn.dll to OEMDrivers (allows SmartPhoneSetup to automatically reboot phone into Emergency mode)
    - Changed Bluetooth icon (\OEM\OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu)
    - Changed icons for GPRSSetting(Fathom), Backlight(default), Power(default) and SystemInfo(Fathom)
    - Changed icon for FDCSoft Taskmanager (same as stock Task Manager)
    - Removed stock Task Manager from Start Menu (\Base_Lang_0409\mxipupdate_taskmgr_shell_1.provxml)

SYS
    - Changed Treeview settings (\base_dpi_192\xxx.rgu)
    - Restored WM 6.5 pop-up size & spacing (see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5840211&postcount=13)
    	- \base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800\mxipcold_wpc_2.provxml
    	- \base_lang_0409\xxx.rgu
    	- \base_lang_0409_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800\classic blue.tsk
    	- \themes_lang_0409_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800\*.tsk
    - Removed unnecessary non-WVGA CPR & image files
    	- \bronze\
    	- \bronzenonea\
    	- \lockscreennonea\
    - Removed SampleMusic (\samplemusic\)
    - Removed WelcomeCenter from CHome (\welcomecenter\xxx.rgu)
    - Optimized IE for WVGA (see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6234947)
    	- \browsingie\xxx.rgu
    - Set Google as auto search provider (see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6329853)
    	- \browsingie\xxx.rgu
    	- \browsingie_LANG_0409\iemo6_default_0409.htm
    - Set CHome Clock Soft Key 2 to WirelessManager (\chome\xxx.rgu & \chome_lang_0409\xxx.rgu)
    - Turned off Magnifier (\os\xxx.rgu)
    - Turned off Error Reporting (\os\xxx.rgu) 
    - Turned off SQM (\sqm\xxx.rgu)
    - Added stock Windows Phone ringtones (\phoneredist\*.wma & \shell\xxx.rgu)
    - Modified compose_sms.htm & read_sms.htm to remove scoll bars until needed (\redist_lang_0409\)

RC3 Details:
    Code:
    Changes from RC2 (Test5)

OEM
    - Removed \OEM_DPI_192\ (Empty)
    - Removed useless apps, shortcuts and DLLs from \OEMDrivers\
    - Removed OEM*\*_0409 folders and merged registry entries
    - Minor clean up of \OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu
    - Restored attributes for all files missing them
    - added Myriad Java
    - added Camera Start Menu icon and short cut
    - added OemDialerExt.dll to LG FathomDialer (for proximity support)
    - added LgeDialParser.dll to OEMDrivers (referenced in OEMDrivers RGU)
    - updated OEMMISC files with same from Fathom v7
    - updated RotateManager with same from Fathom v7

XIP
    - Upgraded LangDB, MSXIP & WinCENLS to 23152

SYS
    - Upgraded SYS to 23152 and applied all changes as per RC2
    - Removed AutoUpdate
    - Added custom Start Menu Icon - Start_Icon_Folder.png
    - Added BTH_A2DP & BTH_HID (benefits unknown)
    - Added VoIP & VoIPOS
    - Modified startmenu_gridscene_800x480.cpr for 5 columns
    - VoiceCommand upgraded to 1.6.23563

RC4 Details:
    Code:
    Changes from RC3 (Test6)

OEM
    - OEM_Lang_0409
    	- Modified initflashfiles.dat (commented out entries for My Picures & AppButtons, added bubblebreaker)
    - OEMBT
    	- Moved Bluetooth registry entries from \OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu to \OEMBT\xxx.rgu
    	- Removed some useless files (debug tools like btcelocalloop.exe, btspy.exe & ticktest.exe)
    	- Moved FM Player to a seperate package (\Package_Monaco_FMRadio)
    - OEMDrivers
    	- Cleaned up \OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu
    		- removed entries for PCMCIA Cards
    		- removed button links (handled by Package_Monaco_ButtonConfig)
    		- removed useless Display driver entries 
    		- Enabled ALC by default
    		- Removed invalid registry entries (files not included in OEM) 
    			- CDSExtJpegEncoder.dll
    			- CMXFileParser.dll
    			- QC_MP4encoder.dll
    			- QCVideoSyncFilter.dll
    			- QCAudioSyncFilter.dll
    			- QC_VideoEnc.dll
    			- QC_FileSrcFilter.dll
    			- QC_AudioCaptureSink.dll
    		- Removed LGIdle entries
    		- Added a few Outlook preferences (Account Picker off, Save Sent off, after delete return to list)
    		- Enabled In Call Recording
    	- Added LG_videorender.dll & lgtouchvib.dll to \OEMDrivers\(referenced by \OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu) 
    	- Deleted instances of imageinfo.txt from modules (usually deleted by kitchen anyway)
    - OEMDriversHigh
    	- Deleted instances of imageinfo.txt from modules (usually deleted by kitchen anyway)
    	- Replaced keypad.dll with same from GW820G to restore Button 7 functionality.
    	- Replaced ts_lap.dll with same from GW820G for English Finger Print Reader Lock application
    - OEMMisc
    	- Moved certificates and security info from xxx.rgu to OEMSecurity\xxx.rgu
    [B]- OEMSecurity (NEW)
    	- Seperated security registry entries and provxml files from OEMMisc to it's own package
    [/B]- Pacakge_Monaco_AdobePDF
    	- deleted adobe reader le.lnk (now created by mxipupdate_package_monaco_adobepdf.provxml)
    	- Created a custom Start Menu icon
    	- Modified xxx.rgu to use custom Start Menu icon
    - Package_Monaco_AutoTimeUpdate
    	- Moved some enties from \OEMDrivers\xxx.rgu to xxx.rgu
    - Package_Monaco_ButtonConfig
    	- Removed unneeded shortcuts (now use start menu shortcuts when possible)
    - Package_Monaco_Camera (Switched to GW820G Camera)
    	- deleted LGCamera.lnk (now created by mxipupdate_package_monaco_camera.provxml)
    	- added files for MMS & OEM Functionality (*mms.swf & *oemapi.swf)
    	- added everything needed to get 3D Gallery to work
    	- added some missing sound files
    	- moved LG_VideoRender.dll to \OEMDrivers
    [B]- Package_Monaco_FMRadio (NEW)
    	- package created using files from OEMBT
    	- created custom Start Menu icon
    - Pacakge_Monaco_GPSUtility (NEW)
    	- created custom Start Menu icon
    - Package_Monaco_LGPhoneSettings (NEW)
    	- Adds Finger Print Reader Lock functionality
    	- Themes & Wallpaper doesn't work properly, so I swapped it for Fingerprint Sensor Settings
    [/B]- Package_Monaco_MyriadJava
    	- updated custom Start Menu folder icon (added drop shadow)
    - Package_Monaco_Settings
    	- Added SensorSetting Start Menu icon from Fathom ROM
    	- created custom Start Menu icon for GPRSSetting
    - Package_Monaco_Shared
    	- Replaced FDRMAPI.dll & LGString.dll with same from GW820G
    	- Moved HiveEngine_rel.dll & LGEMViewerdll.dll from Camera pacakge to Shared
    - Package_Monaco_SIM_Mgr
     	- deleted SIM_Mrg.lnk (now created by mxipupdate_package_monaco_SIM_Mgr.provxml)
    	- Using a new icon (\SYS\Base_DPI_192\SCRD_SimContact.png)
    [B]- Package_Monaco_Stopwatch (NEW)
    	- Taken from LG Fathom
    [/B]- Package_Monaco_TaskManager_v3_1
    	- deleted fdcsoft_task_manager.lnk (now created by mxipupdate_package_monaco_taskmanager_v3_1.provxml)
    - Package_Monaco_TegicXT9
     	- deleted xt9 options.lnk (now created by mxipupdate_package_monaco_tegicxt9.provxml)
    	- created custom Control Panel icon
    [B]- Package_Monaco_TipCalculator (NEW)
    	- Taken from LG Fathom
    [/B]
    XIP
    - No changes

SYS
    - Created a custom SharePoint Icon \base_dpi_192\start_icon_sharepoint.png
    - Removed default pictures (grass, leaf, etc etc) \base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800\ & \base_lang_0409\*mypictures.provxml
    - Changed default identity to Lg_Monaco (instead of Pocket_PC) \base_lang_0409\xxx.rgu
    - Added pointers to use WM 6.5.3 Start Menu Icons for Bubble Breaker & Office Mobile 2010 \base_lang_0409\*startmenu*.provxml
    - Titanium - Capitalized first letter of each catagory \bronzenonea\titanium*.cpr 
    - Removed default IE Favorites (most were dead or useless) \browsing\xxx.rgu + *.ico, \browsingie\*favorites*.provxml
    - Removed invalid registry entries (files not included in SYS) 
    	- \browsingie\xxx.rgu - iepeers.dll
    	- \chome\xxx.rgu - CMHOMEaddon.dll
    	- \shell\xxx.rgu - adoce30.dll
    			 - adoceoledb30.dll
    			 - msdaer.dll
    			 - msdadc.dll
    			 - MSSLQuery20.dll
    			 - MSSLCore20.dll
    			 - pvbform2.dll
    			 - pvbhost2.dll
    			 - stsmtp.dll
    	- \webview\xxx.rgu - msmsgs.dll
    - Removed BTH_A2DP - only works with MS BT Stack
    - Removed BTH_HID - only works with MS BT Stack
    - Added BubbleBreaker \entertainment\bubble* & \entertainment_lang_0409\b*
    - Updated ButtonApp registry links for Office 2010 to remove redundant button entries \office\xxx.rgu
    - Changed default ring notification to ring & vibrate \phone\xxx.rgu
    - Updated MyPhone to 1.6.2718 \skybox & \skybox_lang_0409 (no longer need update before running first time)
    - Removed MyPhone shortcut from Start Menu (Already listed in the Control Panel) \skybox\*.lnk & \skybox\*myphone*.provxml
    - Removed excess shortcuts from \Windows\ (instead used provxml to dynamically create shortcut in Start Menu)
    	- deleted wmmlauncher.lnk (now created by \skymarket\mxipcold_marketplace_100.provxml)
    	- deleted wlmlauncher.lnk (now created by \windowslive\mxipupdate_windowslive_1.provxml)
    	- deleted wlmmessenger.lnk (now created by \windowsliveim\mxipupdate_windowsliveim_1.provxml)

This ROM should be compatible with all LG Monaco devices (GW820/GW825/GW825V).

Plans for RC5
    OEM
    - add MMS support
    - add any other apps deemed necessary

Source files:
    Here are the source files for any cooks out there. If you plan to use the XIP and OEMDrivers you will need to build it against the GW825V file system. Feel free to ask if you don't know what I am talking about.

RC1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uxpze8p88wmd3zs/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC1_SourceFiles.zip

RC2
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/42dbt868m1l3c4d/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC2_SourceFiles.zip

RC3
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/0mnqgq0ocdo6eqc/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC3_SourceFiles.zip

RC4
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hf3g3q25otbt8vc/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC4_SourceFiles.zip

Instructions:

Download archive:
    RC1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9gl29z9cctmhxan/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC1.zip

RC2
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/an5rwlorl7i0k58/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC2.zip

RC3
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5sd6xmh4x3bmmk/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC3.zip

RC4
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/1x46569gag8o65f/LG_Monaco_CAL_6.5.3_RC4.zip

To install, extract ZIP to either....
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ for Windows XP
    or
    C:\Users\All Users\ for Windows 7

Run ...\LGMOBILEAX\SmartPhoneSetup\SP_Starter.exe to start the update

TrueG
    electricbug, to restore the ability to use the front camera, I believe you only need LGCamera.exe & LGCamera.swf from the original GW825V ROM.

I have attached them to this post if you want to test my theory.

TrueG
    --- Reserved
    Any feedback? I've noticed that only a few people have downloaded it. Maybe everyone has already moved on to Android and Windows 7? :(
    I don't know. I have a ton of stuff on the go right now (my poor site hasn't been updated in a month).

I haven't found many issues or things I want to change with RC4 so if I did release a RC5 it would probably be final and it would only have a few minor changes. The biggest annoyance for me is that the Fn key seems to stick for one extra character, but I'm not sure how to fix that. A different SIP would correct the problem, but I like this one. :(

TrueG