I can not factory reset my tablet

Search This thread

umitemree

May 31, 2014
My current ROM does not allow me to Turn on the Debug Mode for some reason I don't know. The tablet is provided by our school so it has many restrictions like Facebook, Twitter and any other platforms that is not "trusted" by the goverment. The tablet is being updated like every day to patch the restrictions. I was be able to turn on the USB Debug mode but now they blocked it, too. So I decieded to get tablet back to factory settings so I will be able to Turn on Debug Mode and root the tablet and remove the restrictions. I do press Power Button & Volume Up button to open up Android System Recovery. The weird thing is I only have:

• reboot system now
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition

I don't have any other options like "Install from SD Cart" or whatever other tablets have. Anyway I do select 2nd option which is wipe/data factory reset option and Yes -- delete all user data option.

It says:

-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...

.. and after a while it restart and opens up like nothing changed. Same tablet before I shut down. Neither 3nd option does work. Please help me about this tablet. What can I do to root it or make it to the factory reset?

umitemree

May 31, 2014
My current ROM does not allow me to Turn on the Debug Mode for some reason I don't know. The tablet is provided by our school so it has many restrictions like Facebook, Twitter and any other platforms that is not "trusted" by the goverment. The tablet is being updated like every day to patch the restrictions. I was be able to turn on the USB Debug mode but now they blocked it, too. So I decieded to get tablet back to factory settings so I will be able to Turn on Debug Mode and root the tablet and remove the restrictions. I do press Power Button & Volume Up button to open up Android System Recovery. The weird thing is I only have:

• reboot system now
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition

I don't have any other options like "Install from SD Cart" or whatever other tablets have. Anyway I do select 2nd option which is wipe/data factory reset option and Yes -- delete all user data option.

It says:

-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...

.. and after a while it restart and opens up like nothing changed. Same tablet before I shut down. Neither 3nd option does work. Please help me about this tablet. What can I do to root it or make it to the factory reset?

Any help me with that?

Carlyle_f

Jan 22, 2014
Cape Town
You need to include information about your tablet in oder for anyone to help you.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk