Search and install problem for RUU_K2_UL

Search This thread

Benz83

Account currently disabled
Aug 9, 2012
Usa
Hi guys, i have a htc on sv. the system not start and enter on recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xfq4s4rdygh8d9/IMG_20140531_185337.jpg

As you can see i cant remove the S-On (i try htcdev, send me all instruction , i did all fine , but cant select of like the instruction of htcdev)

i try another way for install into microsd or with fastboot the rom

C:\Android>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.40a.00.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.14.401.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT312TP02396
(bootloader) imei: **********
(bootloader) product: k2_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8930
(bootloader) modelid: PL8010000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: low
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3466mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.080s

if i try to go on recovery

SD Checking...
No gift file....
Loading...[PL80DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PL80DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PL80IMG.zip]
Loading...[PL80IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!)

so i found this : RUU_K2_UL_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_2.14.401.6_R_Radio_1. 15.40a.00.14_2_10.74a.40.23L_release_unsigned.zip

i try to install but give me error , i try to extract rom.zip and renamed to pl80diag.zip, (into microsd) , try the recovery...seems fine but give me error

so i try to :

C:\Android>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] read data fail in CMD18
(bootloader) CMD18: cmd failed
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] SD: Read data fail..
(bootloader) [ERR] partition_read_emmc(735): error 2
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
OKAY [ 0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.037s

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip RUU_K2_UL_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_2.14.401.6_R_Radio_1.
15.40a.00.14_2_10.74a.40.23L_release_unsigned.zip
sending 'zip' (604746 KB)...
OKAY [ 35.290s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 109.491s

what can i do? the way is right or i need to do something new?

M

Modding.MyMind

To go to recovery you can press and hold the power and volume down keys while your device is powered off. Then when your bootloader appears on the screen select the recovery option. Or you can use adb and type then enter:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

What you showed to be your recovery is NOT your recovery. That is your bootloader. They are different.

The only way you will achieve an unlock bootloader for your device will be to use your unlock_code.bin file provided to you through an email by HTC.

You must be in fastboot to proceed using that file.

On your screen it should display in red text, fastboot usb. When you see this on your screen then you may continue forward with unlocking your bootloader using the .bin file and instructions provided to you from HTCDEV.

With this said, you have already opened up a thread over in the Q&A section. This is a forum for Android Development.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Benz83

Aug 9, 2012
Usa
To go to recovery you can press and hold the power and volume down keys while your device is powered off. Then when your bootloader appears on the screen select the recovery option. Or you can use adb and type then enter:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

What you showed to be your recovery is NOT your recovery. That is your bootloader. They are different.

The only way you will achieve an unlock bootloader for your device will be to use your unlock_code.bin file provided to you through an email by HTC.

You must be in fastboot to proceed using that file.

On your screen it should display in red text, fastboot usb. When you see this on your screen then you may continue forward with unlocking your bootloader using the .bin file and instructions provided to you from HTCDEV.

With this said, you have already opened up a thread over in the Q&A section. This is a forum for Android Development.

Hello , this is the image not compare when i make the procedure HTCDEV, i think not compare because the operating system not go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s8t8dar0uil7yc/2014-06-05 17_11_28-HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader.png

M

Modding.MyMind

@Benz83

You should have a file called, Unlock_code.bin. Place it in the same directory that currently holds your adb and fastboot files. Open up the command prompt window and change directories to the location where your adb and fastboot files currently are.

Type the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

You should now see on your device screen, fastboot usb.

Go back to your command prompt window....

Type the following:
Code:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

On your device you’ll get a message saying if you want to unlock your bootloader. Use the volume keys to select your choice, and hit the power button to confirm. Once you’re done, your device will restart and you’ll have an unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:

Benz83

Aug 9, 2012
Usa
sincerally the reply on msdos is ok, all done
on the phone i not see nothing and i not see the image i posted, i will try again

M

Modding.MyMind

@Benz83

I want you to tell me where on your computer you currently have your adb, and fastboot files. I also want you to tell me where on your computer you currently have your Unlock_code.bin file.

Type it out as it would be on your computer.

Last edited:

Benz83

Aug 9, 2012
Usa
easy

its all inside the C:\Android

fastboot adb and unlock

so inside the dir C:\android

the phone reboot on fastboot usb i type

M

Modding.MyMind

easy

its all inside the C:\Android

fastboot adb and unlock

so inside the dir C:\android

the phone reboot on fastboot usb i type

Good, so you are doing it the right way. Boot your device in to your bootloader using adb.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Then on your device select the option, bootloader. At the top of your screen on your device it should say either locked or unlocked. Which one does it show for you?

Benz83

Aug 9, 2012
Usa
Good, so you are doing it the right way. Boot your device in to your bootloader using adb.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Then on your device select the option, bootloader. At the top of your screen on your device it should say either locked or unlocked. Which one does it show for you?

locked :crying:

M

Modding.MyMind

Your Unlock_code.bin is corrupted then. Try redownloading it from the attachment in your email. If it still doesn't work then you either left out some needed info when copying and pasting your token or you added more info than what was actually needed while following the steps on the HTCDEV website.

You may need to do that step again and insure you copy EXACTLY what is needed for your Unlock_code.bin file. Then when you receive your new .bin file go ahead and do as you have been doing with trying to unlock your bootloader.

delphi887

Sep 16, 2013
I also have this problem

hi
i have a HTC one SV and when tern on android not loded and go to bootloader.
i try factory reset but fast reset and come back to bootloader
i try unlock bootloader but after step 10 in htcdev in my phone not show dialog to select YES or NO
in my android folder contain this files:
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I've searched until I find a solution to my problem but I can not find any solution.
Can you advise me what should I do?:confused:
tanks;)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 87