MIX ROM (Best of both world) - Thanks To T & Z - [Upd 11.02.05 fix HW Led]

Search This thread

SIOUX1104

Oct 16, 2005
Just follow the instruction its very simple. Download Z's beta 3 and trip's cyanogen. The author might not want to upload without z and trip's approval. I'm loving it :D

Sent from my ziyanotrip using XDA App

SIOUX1104

Oct 16, 2005
Great stability from z's froyo and looks and feel from trip's cyanogen. Only problem is videocam, FB and twitter can't be updated :D

Sent from my ZiyanoTrip using XDA App

SIOUX1104

Oct 16, 2005
You might as well try it bro. I don't have any idea. I just followed the tutorial of the author. ;)

Sent from my ZiyanoTrip using XDA App

Haque

Dec 26, 2007
Zdzihu has delivered a near perfect Froyo (only video cam remain outstanding) which is extremely stable

TripNRaver has delivered Cyanogen 6.1 which is very cool with the cyanogenmod but still has some issues such as move to SD and flashlight.

I like cyanogen mod but I also like the stability of z's free x10. Since both are based on Froyo, I thought of combining them to create a perfect rom. And it works !!!

What I did:
1. Unzip Trip's cyanogen to a folder (let's say c:\cyanogen)
2. Unzip Z's beta3 to another folder (let's say c:\freex10)

In each folder you should have a META-INF and system folder

3. copy the services.jar from the link below (download and rename) to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable the flashlight)

http://www.mediafire.com/?67jb2mowad2z23p

4. copy the following folders from c:\freex10\system to c:\cyanogen\system
- bin
- etc
- lib

you may also want to copy the Froyo's Camera.apk to :\cyanogen\system\app (rename 1 of them if you want both)

5. zip the c:\cyanogen folder (you should do it inside c:\cyanogen).

Notes:
------
1. Please do a backup before you try. I'm not responsible if any thing happens to your phone.
2. I have tried everything and they worked just fine. But I can't guarantee it'll work for you.
3. All credits go to T & Z. I hope I don't offend them. I just want to share with you my findings so more of you can enjoy it.
4. This just shows that their combined work is awesome :)

If you find this useful. Press the Thanks button :)

Hi!

I am posting a link just to help with the zip file created keeping in view the above instructions.

Credit goes to Cobrato for the instructions and the devs for their hardwork. I am not responsible for anything bad that might happen, just sincerely zipped the files in light of the above stated instructions. The link is as under:

http://www.4shared.com/file/ldgN23D2/Cynogen.html

jvx300

Dec 23, 2010
just tried it with beta 4 and so far its working pretty smooth only had one restart during the setup for wifi, after that its working flawless

mohsentz

Nov 5, 2010
As I understood devs r working to cr8 a nice rom but I am seeing some ppl who r mixing devs rom together and make something perfect and another mate also ported a rom and uses z`s sources and cr8 a good rom(srry for my low info:D) so r the devs realy working together??? And if not so no1 can use their sources for his rom..Am i right????????????:p
IF I ANNOYED DEVS SO SRRY!

mrtim123

Jul 28, 2010
Newcastle
IF I ANNOYED DEVS SO SRRY!
hell man, dont be sorry, this is an open source community - that is the whole idea!! if some people are too sensitive to share their work then maybe they should not be working with open source products. just my 2 cents.

this ROM is a great idea. i love the idea of merging 2 good things to make 1 great thing. brilliant!

Reactions: dyepnoodle

iruganisan

Jan 5, 2009
Muntinlupa
the file is still there

Put this file, please)

i just found out that the link is not working or seems to be problem with media fire.
but when i tried to select and right click this link http://www.mediafire.com and open new tab on the link he gave, viola it access me to the file and finished to download.

hope that this can help you guys.

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
Followed the instructions, installed the combo-ROM and it's working beautifully so far! No reboots at all. Will continue to play with the ROM. :)

swapniladsure

Jul 22, 2009
anybody tried this file?

Hi!

I am posting a link just to help with the zip file created keeping in view the above instructions.

Credit goes to Cobrato for the instructions and the devs for their hardwork. I am not responsible for anything bad that might happen, just sincerely zipped the files in light of the above stated instructions. The link is as under:

http://www.4shared.com/file/ldgN23D2/Cynogen.html

hey guys anybody tried this file?

depulle87

Nov 25, 2010
trip is not very happy with this im trying it with beta 4 now but there is no need for the services.rar i think ? this is already fixed in beta 4 ? did it just to be sure and it seems to work !

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
Well, just take a short look at the response i get from most of you guys!

Hey Trip, i've read your whole thread for 2.2.1 Cyanogen and maybe i misses something but i'm not sure what you're referring to? I thought most of the feedback was very very positive, and almost everybody stated their appreciation in their posts, including me.

And let me say it one more time, THANK YOU Trip, without you we wouldn't even have this, but don't be angry because people want to experiment. You do receive credit, and so does J&Z of course.

Let's all end this anger, and work together to have a great, fully functional and stable ROM!

peace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zdzihu has delivered a near perfect Froyo (only video cam remain outstanding) which is extremely stable

TripNRaver has delivered Cyanogen 6.1 which is very cool with the cyanogenmod but still has some issues such as move to SD and flashlight.

I like cyanogen mod but I also like the stability of z's free x10. Since both are based on Froyo, I thought of combining them to create a perfect rom. And it works !!!

What I did:
    1. Unzip Trip's cyanogen to a folder (let's say c:\cyanogen)
    2. Unzip Z's beta3 to another folder (let's say c:\freex10)

In each folder you should have a META-INF and system folder

3. copy the services.jar from the link below (download and rename) to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable the flashlight)

http://www.mediafire.com/?67jb2mowad2z23p

4. copy the framework-res.apk from the link below to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable HW Led) - Thanks to fonz2544 for the tip.

http://www.multiupload.com/E1DFZKTFXG

note: Should work for both beta3 & 4. The trade-off is that you lose the auto-brightness option in the display settings.

5. copy the following folders from c:\freex10\system to c:\cyanogen\system
    - bin
    - etc
    - lib

you may also want to copy the Froyo's Camera.apk to c:\cyanogen\system\app (rename 1 of them if you want both)

6. zip the c:\cyanogen folder (you should do it inside c:\cyanogen).
    Any zip application should do.
    For me I use windows (select all files under c:\cyanogen, right click, send to compressed (zip) file)

7. copy this zip file to sdcard

8. install via xRecovery

9. Install free x10 gapps and free x10 beta3 hotfix 1. Reboot

10. system will reboot twice and after that it'll be fine (if not you should crash system server at least once)

What is working - same as free x10 beta 3 :)

You have cyanogen mod now and can easily do a dark theme and change the clock color etc

Notes:
    ------
    1. Please do a backup before you try. I'm not responsible if any thing happens to your phone.
    2. I have tried everything and they worked just fine. But I can't guarantee it'll work for you.
    3. All credits go to T & Z. I hope I don't offend them. I just want to share with you my findings so more of you can enjoy it.
    4. This just shows that their combined work is awesome :)

If you find this useful. Press the Thanks button :)
    CyanogenMod Settings

Here is a complete Cyanogen Settings to install through xRecovery

Cyanogen Settings
    I am running on a mix of the beta 3 hotfix 1 and the 1.0 cyanogen mod. Would it be possible to merge beta 4 and cyanogen 1.2 (if I'm able to get it somewhere, hence I haven't had the opportunity to download, before Trip closed the thread) into a fully operating rom? Would I need to flash the .54 baseband or something?

flash baseband .54, hold up beta 4, ill find the link for cm 1.2, and yes it works together!
    edit: here it is
    and of course u need this, but i guess u have it already
    Put this file, please)
    Get a new sim card? I had to do so with z's rom due to constant fcs with com.android.phone or something similar.

I also had a fido sim card, which happend to be an old version z's rom or froyo didnt like.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App