[APPS]JellyBean[modded Gapps] [Dual Panel enabled = without tablet mod ]

Search This thread

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Since we dont all like tablet mode but might like dual panel for some apps and not for others , I decided to start forcing a few apps to display in dual panel .

what does this means ? well regardless of your resolution ( dpi ) these modded apps will behave as if you had a tablet .

As of now I did these : (attached)

_Gmail (standard and inverted )
_Gtalk (standard and inverted )
I will be posting more .

Notice :
Specific dpi per app is possible, but then I would have to make one at every dpi for every phone .. full time job right here (lol) so please dont ask for it..

If these dont work for you . always state your device and rom type ( ie proprietary rom vs aosp base ) fix and how to install will be posted in post #2​

If there is interest for the opposite I can as easily force them to NOT be in tablet mode for tablet users or others running tablet mode but prefer single panel look .

Credits for the original inverted apps : #teamBAKED

gmail full black DP ( the screenshot has a theme applied to his rom so its slightly different on yours ) :

udynagy9.jpg

Please submit your screenshot so I can add them thank you

Attachments

• Gmailfullblack4.1.2-DP.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,492
  • Talk-Inverted-DP.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 751
  • Talk.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 473
  • Gmail4.1.2-DP.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 698
Last edited:

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
if you already have gtalk or gmail installed , you need to remove them first . as signature will conflict .

Gmail installs normaly
Gtalk needs to be (renamed to Talk.apk ) then pushed to system/app , fix its permission then reboot

if you have any problems with this not installing right please state your rom and phone model thank you .

Last edited:

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
I also would love a non themed version (They should work perfectly on ICS, right?)

"I got my values. So you can keep yours, OK?"

i wouldnt know try and tell us

Could I request the SMS app?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

you could , thing is not sure about sytem app becuz of signature and stuff but i se eno reason for it not to work . ill be looking at more system apps tomorrow.

Reactions: Roundtableprez

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
i wouldnt know try and tell us

you could , thing is not sure about sytem app becuz of signature and stuff but i se eno reason for it not to work . ill be looking at more system apps tomorrow.

Will try when the non themed versions are released. I don't like those inverted ones, they look strange. How you enable that? Maybe ob other apps (non system ones) this could also work.

"I got my values. So you can keep yours, OK?"

anuragchowdry

Oct 17, 2011
Chennai
Works well on lg p 500 running cm10. Just one request though can the dual pane mode be configured in such a way that when we select a action ie select a mail from the inbox to read or compose a mail, the pane on the left be minimised as soon as the choice is made because on small screen phone's like mine it is very tedious to read anything on the right hand side panel.

Thanks

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Personally, I would like a YouTube app that runs in phone mode only for tablets. The default tablet YouTube mode (non Nexus 7) doesn't show enough recent videos. It shows a fixed number, then it ends, while the phone version refreshes quite a bit more as you scroll.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we dont all like tablet mode but might like dual panel for some apps and not for others , I decided to start forcing a few apps to display in dual panel .

what does this means ? well regardless of your resolution ( dpi ) these modded apps will behave as if you had a tablet .

As of now I did these : (attached)

_Gmail (standard and inverted )
    _Gtalk (standard and inverted )
    I will be posting more .

Notice :
    Specific dpi per app is possible, but then I would have to make one at every dpi for every phone .. full time job right here (lol) so please dont ask for it..

If these dont work for you . always state your device and rom type ( ie proprietary rom vs aosp base ) fix and how to install will be posted in post #2​

If there is interest for the opposite I can as easily force them to NOT be in tablet mode for tablet users or others running tablet mode but prefer single panel look .

Credits for the original inverted apps : #teamBAKED

gmail full black DP ( the screenshot has a theme applied to his rom so its slightly different on yours ) :

udynagy9.jpg

Please submit your screenshot so I can add them thank you
    Mine has a theme applied also

udynagy9.jpg

Nice job dag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Bumped updated op and added non inverted gmail + gtalk

I will be doing system app at one point like the browser, i will take care of the gapps first for compatibility issues , market app on the other hand I wont be .
    if you already have gtalk or gmail installed , you need to remove them first . as signature will conflict .

Gmail installs normaly
    Gtalk needs to be (renamed to Talk.apk ) then pushed to system/app , fix its permission then reboot

if you have any problems with this not installing right please state your rom and phone model thank you .
    I like it, but the right side panel text matches with the mail windows. Any ideas? Thank you.

asstastic!