Aftermarket Warranty

Search This thread

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Hello all, I would like to know which is the preferred option I should get. I bought my tablet + keyboard from eBay, and the quote I got from squaretrade is $89.99 for 1 year and $134.99 for 2 years. I also looked up on amazon about the squaretrade choices there and it's $96.54 for the 2 year accidental plan.

Is there a difference in the plans offered from both places? I signed up for the discount newsletter just about 20 mins ago, and I'm hoping to get a discount code from them soon. Can it only be applied to the Squaretrade website or can it also be used on Amazon as well? Thanks.

PS: If there are any more discount codes anyone isn't using, may I please use it? I appreciate it! :D

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello all, I would like to know which is the preferred option I should get. I bought my tablet + keyboard from eBay, and the quote I got from squaretrade is $89.99 for 1 year and $134.99 for 2 years. I also looked up on amazon about the squaretrade choices there and it's $96.54 for the 2 year accidental plan.

Is there a difference in the plans offered from both places? I signed up for the discount newsletter just about 20 mins ago, and I'm hoping to get a discount code from them soon. Can it only be applied to the Squaretrade website or can it also be used on Amazon as well? Thanks.

PS: If there are any more discount codes anyone isn't using, may I please use it? I appreciate it! :D

1. You can't use the Amazon Squaretrade option, that's only for purchases made from Amazon.
  2. Discount codes are only for the Squaretrade site.
  3. Since you purchased from Ebay, you won't be able to get accident production, just extended warranty. Squaretrade considers EBay to be "gray market" and won't provide accident coverage for Ebay purchases no matter who you purchased from on Ebay and no matter the considiton of the item purchased.

(All of this has already been discussed earlier in this thread.)

PAPB0007

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
for whoever needs it

Snow Season Sale - Bonus Day!
Save 30%
on a warranty today only
After that, 20% off through Feb. 4.
Max discount $30 per warranty.

Your Unique Code:
1BLH0MQX01L

Visit SquareTrade.com and enter code at checkout

Don't forget to give Thanks and mention that you used the code.

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
40% off code, must act before 12PM PST today!

Here's a 40% off code, but you must act fast!

FOUR HOURS ONLY!
Save 40%
on a warranty until 12 PST.
After that, 30% through Jan. 30.
Max discount $40 per plan, $30 after 12 PST.

Your Unique Code:
1C2J5H0W02T

Enter code at checkout.

If someone uses this, please hit "Thanks" to let everyone know you used it.

If nobody uses this code in time, I will continue posting my codes to Retailmenot.com as they come in. Since they are always used when posted there.

DCLocal

Nov 2, 2008
Washington, DC
Anyone can go to Squaretrades Facebook page and like them, enter your email address and get a 40% off coupon code if you act before noon PST today, 1/29. Otherwise you will a 30% off code if you act after 12pm. Offer good through January 31.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

PAPB0007

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Save 30% today with no cash limit!
Today only

No maximum discount. Save 30%—period.
Hurry! Coupon expires tonight at 12am (PST).

Your Unique Code:
1CBJM6F201J

Visit SquareTrade.com and enter code at checkout

Let us know you used the code. Click thanks if you did too.

Reactions: johnlgalt

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
I bought one of these...

Is it true that if I root/unlock my device and I brick it the squaretrade warranty covers it since I will lose my factory Asus warranty?

I know squaretrade states on their website that the 1st year is the manufacturers responsibility.

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
I bought one of these...

Is it true that if I root/unlock my device and I brick it the squaretrade warranty covers it since I will lose my factory Asus warranty?

I know squaretrade states on their website that the 1st year is the manufacturers responsibility.

You need to purchase the "Accidental damage' coverage in order for SquareTrade to cover bricked units. With accidental damage coverage, the warranty goes through SquareTrade on day 1, since Asus doesn't cover "accidental damage"...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Soul TKR

PAPB0007

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Still Dreaming of Summer Sale
Save 30% on a warranty today only

After that, 20% off through Mar. 4.
Max discount $30 per plan.

Your Unique Code:
1CJKWDTB03H