[KERNEL] (BETA) bhundven's SMS KJ6 v0.2.0 [Apr 11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
FBis251,

I updated the source for gingerbread-bml, but I might have broke compatibility with fsr/rfs with tinyrcu changes and config changes.

Let me know if I did and I'll revert those changes. Otherwise the new v0.3.0-bml has the fix I put in cm7 for random reboot madness and some other wakelock fixes backported from the ics 3.0 kernel for better wakelock behavior.

Awesome, can't wait, thanks again guys!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

turtlepa

Jun 28, 2011
I think this is becoming very clean. I havent had any reboots at all with any version unlike many other. And besides whats not working stated in the, absolutely no problems. Keep the good work up bduv/fb we love u

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Jenovah

Aug 14, 2012
wanted to test this, downloaded it and tryed to flash it but for some reason it wont flash to my phone (flashed it and wiped dalvek/cache as mentioned in instructions) any ideas? it says successful but my current kernel still shows up and not this one =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    team-acid-splash.png

Presents
    bhundven's
    Subtly Modified Stock CWM 5 KJ6 Kernel
    THIS KERNEL HAS BEEN DEPRECATED. USE BHUNDVEN'S BLASTOFF KERNEL INSTEAD.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828171

NOTES
    • Need help with BLN? Check here: BLN Support
    • This kernel is still in beta! Please help us test for stability. Logs are always welcome
    • This is still Bryan's kernel, the only changes I have made were to the initramfs and a few changes here and there to the kernel itself.
    • Bryan is developing again! This thread will continue to be open to discuss the new releases here unless he decides to open his other kernel thread for XDA.

FEATURES
    In addition to the changes bhundven has made:
    • SuperSU instead of Superuser (adds root support using the kernel alone, regardless of which ROM you install this on)
    • BLN support added (thanks to neldar and our newest Team Acid member m4xm4n) MARKET LINK
    • Includes a Team Acid boot splash and recovery image (courtesy of theexel and Tablador)
    • Cleaned up voodoo extensions directory to remove zipalign for TW launcher
    • Forcing an ext4 conversion by default regardless of lagfix option
    • Enabled cifs, fuse and tun kernel modules

NOTES

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the kernel zip file
    2. Flash it using CWM
    3. Wipe the Dalvik Cache before you reboot! (CWM > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache)
    If you are already rooted, you can also use the SGS Kernel flasher

DOWNLOADS
    kernel-sms-kj6-v0.2.0-bml.zip (MD5: 9cc2278d0d00c61210e1311181de0b67)
    Older Versions: Sourceforge

SOURCE CODE
    Android SGS4G Kernel at GitHub
    Android SGS4G Initramfs at GitHub You might want to use the voodoo branch, not master!

Want to learn how to build the kernel from source? Look at these instructions:
    Building From Source

CHANGELOG
    Apr 11, 2012
    v0.2.0
    Enable SVNET_WHITELIST to fix wakelock reboot problems
    Bump version to '-sms-kj6-v0.2.0-bml'
    Integrated lights.s5pc110.so into the initramfs to add BLN support
    -- The kernel itself now copies the file to the rom instead of doing it via CWM
    The CWM zip should no longer cause your phone to reboot after the kernel flashes

April 8, 2012
    v0.1.1-rc3
    Now using SuperSU instead of Superuser
    BLN support added (thanks to neldar and our newest Team Acid member m4xm4n)
    You need the BLN Control app from the market to use BackLightNotifications! MARKET LINK

February 24, 2012
    v0.1.1-rc2
    Now using Team Acid's changes to voodoo initramfs
    Removed a lot of unneeded checks and their included files since we're only dealing with the sgs4g
    Added battery capacity check before voodoo lagfix
    Modified the ext4 conversion process to use the bonsai defaults
    Forcing an ext4 conversion by default regardless of lagfix option
    Removed check for froyo anti_boot_glitch since this is a GB kernel
    Enabled cifs, fuse and tun kernel modules

Here is Bryan's OP, at the link below
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1380331
    I'm verifying this right now. Rebooted the phone some time ago, now accumulating battery statistics. I've had something similar once but last time it went away by itself, I literary didn't do anything... well, maybe went back to 0.2d kernel, don't remember...
    I see some other posts on last pages with concerns about battery drain, I wonder if it's something similar. Guys who suspect battery issues, download BetterBatteryStats and check what's not letting your phone sleep.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Still seems to be doing it, not really sure if it's kernel related. Dmesg shows a lot of this (mmc_rescan? wtf?):

The mmc_rescan mess is some stupid comments samsung left in.

Reading your log helped me to understand that the change that I made DID NOT fix the reboot issue, but causes it to not happen.

Think about the observer effect to understand what I'm saying. We made a change that adds some noise to stop the wakelock timeout to reboot the system, but the wakelock issue still exists.

The solution to the problem may take me longer to solve with the current source base then it would if I started to port us to the aosp samsung source.

With that... I am going to disappear for a while and concentrate on that task.

I will continue to work with teamacid to move cm7 forward, but it is obvious that the kernel source that samsung produced has too many problems.

As usual, no ETAs, askers will be punished. :p
    February 24, 2012
    v0.1.1-rc2
    Now using Team Acid's changes to voodoo initramfs
    Removed a lot of unneeded checks and their included files since we're only dealing with the sgs4g
    Added battery capacity check before voodoo lagfix
    Modified the ext4 conversion process to use the bonsai defaults
    Forcing an ext4 conversion by default regardless of lagfix option
    Removed check for froyo anti_boot_glitch since this is a GB kernel
    Enabled cifs, fuse and tun kernel modules
    Hey guys! Got another update ready for you. Huge thanks to bhundven for setting up a new kernel source tree for me to work from. He even included the patches he and Max have been working on in the CM7 kernel, so this build should be more stable.

Also included is the BLN binary that got pushed out with the v0.1.1-rc3 CWM package, but now you can flash the kernel using whatever method you want. The kernel will make sure it adds BLN support to whatever GB rom you flash it to.

Apr 11, 2012
    Code:
    9cc2278d0d00c61210e1311181de0b67  kernel-sms-kj6-v0.2.0-bml.zip
    Enable SVNET_WHITELIST to fix wakelock reboot problems
    Bump version to '-sms-kj6-v0.2.0-bml'
    Integrated lights.s5pc110.so into the initramfs to add BLN support
    -- The kernel itself now copies the file to the rom instead of doing it via CWM
    The CWM zip should no longer cause your phone to reboot after the kernel flashes
    FBis251,

I updated the source for gingerbread-bml, but I might have broke compatibility with fsr/rfs with tinyrcu changes and config changes.

Let me know if I did and I'll revert those changes. Otherwise the new v0.3.0-bml has the fix I put in cm7 for random reboot madness and some other wakelock fixes backported from the ics 3.0 kernel for better wakelock behavior.