How to root your GC100 Galaxy Camera

Search This thread

Nov 11, 2012
CF-Auto Rooter and the App that us the Exynos Error are two different things...

Use the CF-Auto Rooter in first Post and then Triangle Away ... it works very fine on my GC with 4.1.2 :good:

I already did... I tried several ways for the past few hours...

My original ROM was stock 4.1.1 rooted.
I fwiped, flashed stock 4.1.2, CF Auto Root, Triangle Away, then factory reset.
When I went to download mode, the status displayed correctly as official, but the counter still not back to 0.

Nov 11, 2012
Re: How to root your Galaxy Camera

Here goes...

Stock 4.1.1 (I flashed back from 4.1.2)
CF Auto Root
Triangle Away 2.60

I'm trying to make my SGC back to factory default... so after binary counter back to 0, i'm planning to unroot and wipe.

that means triangle away setting (reset counter on every boot) is out of question.

as you can see, all the status back to official, I even can connect to OTA server (still have CF Auto Root).
but the counter can't back to 0.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361223902084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361223902084.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Claghorn

Oct 16, 2012
home.comcast.net
I temporarily rooted my Camera and also couldn't get it to be completely un-rooted. I finally installed Kies on my Windows box (which takes forever as it is insanely bloated), but it had an option to force install factory firmware which I used to get it back to factory state (it was a little hard to find - I had to page through various menus to discover it). This was in the US with an AT&T version of the camera.

fren17

Nov 15, 2005
is this method compatible with XXBLL7 4.1.2?

im just making sure before i flash.. thanks :)

Warning
This cannot hurt your device because full recovery is simply a 1.1gig Odin flash away.

Introduction:
This is a Rooted Galaxy Camera CF AutoRoot based on GC100XXALK1.

You Will Need:

Instructions:
  • unzip the CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 from the zip package to a place you can find it.
  • Launch the Odin3 application

Odin3-v1-85-download-Step-by-Step-guide-to-Root-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-with-Latest-Original-KE8-Firmware-Kernel-300x214.png

• place CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 in the "PDA" section
  • Put your device into Download Mode:
    Remove and replace the battery.
    Press "Volume down+Camera+Power".
  • Connect your device to your machine
  • click start

Conclusion
By default, this device does not show a Warning Triangle. In the future it may. Go back to stock by using the 1.1G recovery package above after using TriangleAway by Chainfire.

Last edited:

remfpage

May 11, 2010
Kuwait
once rooted.. what will happen if there a firmware upgrade? do we have to proceed or unroot it first?

xdas3tester

Nov 11, 2012
Hi could someone put the bulb option in this camera? Long exposure surely will bring the galaxy camera to the fullest. :) thanks

Sent from my EK-GC100 using xda app-developers app

Dandyrw

Jun 29, 2012
i just updated my Galaxy Camera yesterday. in About Device show me the build GC100XXBMC4. is this cf-auto root files work with GC100XXBMC4 build?

theshonen8899

Jan 29, 2013
Hey, I know you're not obligated to help but if there's anything you can do to add to support for the Verizon version I'd be really grateful. The recent update has disabled every tethering app I know and I'm desperately trying to rollback to the previous update.

Thanks!

Reactions: AswinHof

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hey, I know you're not obligated to help but if there's anything you can do to add to support for the Verizon version I'd be really grateful. The recent update has disabled every tethering app I know and I'm desperately trying to rollback to the previous update.

Thanks!

Used the rom stated in the first post and now i can't upgrade, not through update nor Kies.

Going to try to use another rom and then root then update.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
This thread is outdated but being there are so few and the title talks about root I wanted to note in here that I rooted my Verizon gc120 (with what appears to be a locked bootloader) with Framaroot (Aragorn). This root appears to be made by the same person that exploited the Exynos Abuse apk with chainfire.

It's possible Casual for gc100 will root our verizon gc120 as well but I hadn't gotten to that yet...

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
This thread is outdated but being there are so few and the title talks about root I wanted to note in here that I rooted my Verizon gc120 (with what appears to be a locked bootloader) with Framaroot (Aragorn). This root appears to be made by the same person that exploited the Exynos Abuse apk with chainfire.

It's possible Casual for gc100 will root our verizon gc120 as well but I hadn't gotten to that yet...

This never worked with GC 110 or 120. This is for GC100 and it's not outdated.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010

This never worked with GC 110 or 120. This is for GC100 and it's not outdated.
So the thread is dated not outdated. My bad on the terminology.

No where did it say it never worked with GC 110 or 120. What I said was it's "possible" it will work for them but that I had not gotten to try it yet.

I will move the information for rooting the GC 120 out of your thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning
    This cannot hurt your device because full recovery is simply a 1.1gig Odin flash away.

Introduction:
    This is a Rooted Galaxy Camera CF AutoRoot based on GC100XXALK1.

You Will Need:

Instructions:
    • unzip the CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 from the zip package to a place you can find it.

Odin3-v1-85-download-Step-by-Step-guide-to-Root-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-with-Latest-Original-KE8-Firmware-Kernel-300x214.png

• place CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 in the "PDA" section
    • Put your device into Download Mode:
      Remove and replace the battery.
      Press "Volume down+Camera+Power".
    • Connect your device to your machine
    • click start

Conclusion
    By default, this device does not show a Warning Triangle. In the future it may. Go back to stock by using the 1.1G recovery package above after using TriangleAway by Chainfire.
    overclocking

would the method for overclocking below work on the galaxy camera ? or would you need a custom fix ? (s3 overclocking)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827635

Pierre

Warning
    This is untested. This cannot hurt your device because full recovery is simply a 1.1gig Odin flash away.

Introduction:
    This is a Rooted Galaxy Camera system.img based on GC100XXALK1. I have bestowed upon it the following modifications.

Added:
    SuperSU: /system/app/Superuser.apk (SuperSU authentication app)
    Switch User binary: /system/xbin/su (switch user binary needed for superuser)
    Busybox: /system/xbin/busybox (a bunch of command line tools usually installed when rooting)
    Bash: /system/xbin/bash (the best scriptable shell ever)

You Will Need:

Instructions:
    • unzip the RootedGalaxyCamOdinPackageInside.zip and place the RootedGalaxyCamera.tar.md5 in a place you can find it.

• place RootedGalaxyCamera.tar.md5 in the "PDA" section
    • connect your device
    • click start

Conclusion:
    You're rooted. (or you're not) either way, leave feedback. If it does not work, flash back using the stock image link above.

Sponsored by Open-Source Heimdall One-Click
    Plese contribute to Heimdall. Heimdall allows the same capabilities of Odin on Linux, Mac and Windows. When we get Heimdall working, I will release a Heimdall One-Click which will streamline the process above to "download java app, run it and press flash" for all platforms. . Please contribute by building from source for your platform and testing Heimdall on the Galaxy Camera. http://www.glassechidna.com.au/2012/devblogs/heimdall-1-4-release-candidate-1/ If it does not work, we need someone with a Linux machine to run Wireshark on USB under Linux while flashing with Odin in a Virtual Machine.
    Has anyone tried chainfires root app based on the exynos exploit?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

[ROOT EXPLOIT+PATCH][2012.12.18] ExynosAbuse APK v1.30

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk
    ROM Sotmax Ultimate V10
    Kernel Yank555.lu-V2.8d

In theory, it should work. Ill give it a go later and report back

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

In theory, it should work. Ill give it a go later and report back

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

Root by exploit worked fine

All below successful on Stock rom 4.1.1 (GC100XXALK4) -
    Rooted successfully
    Disabled exploit with no effect on camera
    Disabled explot on boot with no effect on camera
    Unrooted using supersu
    However, after unroot, device status is now 'Custom'. I then did a reboot and status is now official again

Sent from my EK-GC100 using xda premium
    ^^Great.

would the method for overclocking below work on the galaxy camera ? or would you need a custom fix ? (s3 overclocking)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827635

Pierre

You probly wouldn't want to run that kernel. I'm not a kernel guy so I can't tell you for sure.
    Will this replace the stock recovery? And if so can this be backed up/restored with Odin?

I tend to run pretty much stock (and use something like Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to keep root).
    it will flash GC100XXALK1 recovery. the real work is in the cache. Don't worry about the recovery. If you're worried about warranty, then just flash GC100XXALK1 to your device and call it a day.