Need help updating from 4.3 Rooted Stock to 4.4 Leak

Search This thread

RypeDub

I'm on Stock Rooted but I want KitKat.

I honestly don't use many apps, so I'll reinstall what ever when ever.

What I want to know is how do I tell if all of my internal storage from downloads and camera roll are in my SD card?

I don't want to lose anything as I have 1000's of pics and videos of my 1 year old.

What steps do I take to back up all that good stuff?

What threads have the guide on getting kitkat & 4.4 safestrap?

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Why you want install KK in your N3 ? built in 4.3 is better then 4.4. last week installed 4.4 in my N3 but most of the apps are not working in it. Now I reinstall the 4.3.

4.4.2 is working flawlessly for the majority of people and is an improvement over 4.3, just check the 4.4.2 threads and you can see for yourself. I've been running it without any issues at all.

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I'm on Stock Rooted but I want KitKat.

I honestly don't use many apps, so I'll reinstall what ever when ever.

What I want to know is how do I tell if all of my internal storage from downloads and camera roll are in my SD card?

I don't want to lose anything as I have 1000's of pics and videos of my 1 year old.

What steps do I take to back up all that good stuff?

What threads have the guide on getting kitkat & 4.4 safestrap?

Use a Root Explorer type app and find the DCIM app in your internal storage, copy all of the photos/videos and paste them onto your SDcard.

Here is a link to the files and instructions that you will need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558

Reactions: RypeDub

RypeDub

Use a Root Explorer type app and find the DCIM app in your internal storage, copy all of the photos/videos and paste them onto your SDcard.

Here is a link to the files and instructions that you will need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558

What is the folder that is my phones storage?

Ill just combine it with the file storage on my SD Card and sift through everything else later.

Lastly: what guide is the best one to follow to get stock 4.4?

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
What is the folder that is my phones storage?

Ill just combine it with the file storage on my SD Card and sift through everything else later.

Lastly: what guide is the best one to follow to get stock 4.4?

It should just be called sdcard, your separate SDcard would be listed as extsdcard.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

But it was not working in my cell

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Yeah sure why not Sir. Go and install it. You will be back soon:good:

With all of the issues you seem to have you may want to consider a warranty replacement. If you check the 4.4.2 threads no one is having problems.

RypeDub

Last edited:

krazyace35

Mar 11, 2012
Can someone post a link for the way to flash back to 4.3 please

Sent from my SM-900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts