[Q] A question about rooting and official roms

Search This thread
A

AmazingAura01

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post so sorry if this is in the wrong section. I saw the thread where I should post this question.

I recently rooted my S III GT-I9300 and, as expected, I couldn't download any more software updates. Then by choice I decided to reinstall my phone's operating system using Odin with official firmware from Sammobile.com. And now it seems like my root has been removed? I am currently installing my software updates (I installed 4.1.2 using Odin, and now it's downloading the 4.3 package). Is everything now set back to normal? Everything like Knox security, flash count and all that stuff since I've installed official firmware? Thanks for anyone's time for answering this. :cowboy:

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Hey there, welcome to the forum.

When you reflash any stock rom via Odin it will get rid of root.

If you then flash 4.3, the rom won't be rooted for the reason above, but you may still have a remaining flash count from when you previously rooted your SIII. That can be checked in download mode (should say somethingsomething: Yes (1 counts) )

If thats the case then
-Root 4.3
-Use Triangle Away (it works really well and its not too much hassle)
-Reboot to download mode
-Reflash 4.3

And then everything should be back to normal. Thank God we don't have to worry about Knox.

A

AmazingAura01

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

When you reflash any stock rom via Odin it will get rid of root.

If you then flash 4.3, the rom won't be rooted for the reason above, but you may still have a remaining flash count from when you previously rooted your SIII. That can be checked in download mode (should say somethingsomething: Yes (1 counts) )

If thats the case then
-Root 4.3
-Use Triangle Away (it works really well and its not too much hassle)
-Reboot to download mode
-Reflash 4.3

And then everything should be back to normal. Thank God we don't have to worry about Knox.

How do I get out of Download mode? It says don't turn off target...