New 3.1 WiFi/3G kernel from TDR LaunchPad 1.0 OC 1.6 GHz

Search This thread

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
This is not my work; I am just placing it here so it can have its own thread. I have installed it on my xoom and it works flawlessly, enjoy!

1. As always make a back up before you do anything!

2. You must have working SDsupport to use this

2A. As a reminder you must be unlocked and rooted!

Install Instructions:

There are a few different ways to do this-

Option 1

1) Download ROM Manager (Free or Paid)
2) Download the zip from the link below
3) Move zip to your external SD card
A- Using a file explorer ( ex. Root Explorer), copy and paste the .zip file to your external sdcard (/sdcard/external)
OR
B- Put the zip on your SD card using your PC
4) Open Rom manager
5) Press the second button (Reboot Recovery)
Xoom will boot into recovery
6) Use volume rocker to select install zip from sdcard (Press power button to confirm)
7) Use volume rocker to select choose zip from sdcard
8) Select the zip file placed on the sdcard
9) Select yes
Xoom will flash file and put you back onto recovery screen
10) Select Reboot
11) Sit back and bask in the glory

Option 2
If anyone is having problems loading or installing this kernel to the root directory so it can be seen in clockwork mod do this:
boot into clockwork recovery by using quickboot or when you turn your xoom on quickly press the volume down rocker and it should ask whether you want to load android recovery then press volume down again and clockwork recovery should load.
In clockwork recovery go down to mounts/storage, then mount USB storage and click that and wait, in a min or so your computer should recognize the xoom and bring up the root directory, from there load the kernel on that root and click "go back" twice to the main menu and install the kernel using the install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sd card option. You can also extract boot.img from the zip file and flash using fastboot from your PC.

For those that want the most up to date info go here +Source can be found on Github- https://github.com/TDR/Xoom

Updated with new "c1" version

updated with the new 3g "D" kernel check it out

Updated with new Launchpad 3.1 Kernel and flashable zip for tun.ko support for those that want openVPN functions

Heard insane Mflops (67-69) and Quadrant results (4200 and over)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps and if it has hit the thanks button

Attachments

• athm1-c0-WiFi.zip
    3 MB · Views: 602
  • athm1-c1.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 229
  • athmd3.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • launchpad-f12.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
  • addon-tun-launchpad1.0.zip
    170.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

p2flol

Sep 8, 2010

Attachments

• quadxoom.jpg
    quadxoom.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • lpxoom.jpg
    lpxoom.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 787
Reactions: Archangel

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Yeah this thing is xooming on wifi! I talked to TDR and he is working on a fix for 3G but while I had this on my xoom it was screaming! Will report back when he has a fix! But for now I am tempted to leave my 3g xoom on wifi LOL!

Yep, posted in that thread, its working fine on my wifi xoom. I'll post it here too, not that benchmarks mean much!

65.291 linpack
4142 quad

le_pere_noel

Feb 22, 2006
thanks for the answer:

Ok I test this Kernel Cifs working.

Last question Sd card is enable with this kernel ? I don't this netiher external or sdcard 2.

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
thanks for the answer:

Ok I test this Kernel Cifs working.

Last question Sd card is enable with this kernel ? I don't this netiher external or sdcard 2.
From the TDR thread over at AndroidCentral:
This is forked from AOSP, but with some features like for micro SD support borrowed from Tiamat The kernel is configured differently, but everything you'd expect from Tiamat should be present (well, except for tun.ko) including the 1.504GHz clock speed.

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Working great for me,
3346 on 1.2GHz

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
about to install this, will report back momentarily...

Works like a charm, no issues THANKS ALL

screen_20110515_1209.png

Last edited:

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
installed this late last night. sdcard is working for me. so far it's given me the highest quadrant scores and high linpack scores. every thing on the xoom seems to run a lot faster then before, even moreso then when i was on tiamat, but that's just my opinion.

4000+ on quadrant at 1.5ghz
scaled.php

62.5 on linpack
scaled.php

ran it on 1.5ghz for about three hours last night without a hitch but the xoom was getting a bit warm. running it on 1.4ghz as a daily driver.

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Hi, to use screenshot er properly, remove toasts for superuser or increase delay time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not my work; I am just placing it here so it can have its own thread. I have installed it on my xoom and it works flawlessly, enjoy!

1. As always make a back up before you do anything!

2. You must have working SDsupport to use this

2A. As a reminder you must be unlocked and rooted!

Install Instructions:

There are a few different ways to do this-

Option 1

1) Download ROM Manager (Free or Paid)
    2) Download the zip from the link below
    3) Move zip to your external SD card
    A- Using a file explorer ( ex. Root Explorer), copy and paste the .zip file to your external sdcard (/sdcard/external)
    OR
    B- Put the zip on your SD card using your PC
    4) Open Rom manager
    5) Press the second button (Reboot Recovery)
    Xoom will boot into recovery
    6) Use volume rocker to select install zip from sdcard (Press power button to confirm)
    7) Use volume rocker to select choose zip from sdcard
    8) Select the zip file placed on the sdcard
    9) Select yes
    Xoom will flash file and put you back onto recovery screen
    10) Select Reboot
    11) Sit back and bask in the glory

Option 2
    If anyone is having problems loading or installing this kernel to the root directory so it can be seen in clockwork mod do this:
    boot into clockwork recovery by using quickboot or when you turn your xoom on quickly press the volume down rocker and it should ask whether you want to load android recovery then press volume down again and clockwork recovery should load.
    In clockwork recovery go down to mounts/storage, then mount USB storage and click that and wait, in a min or so your computer should recognize the xoom and bring up the root directory, from there load the kernel on that root and click "go back" twice to the main menu and install the kernel using the install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sd card option. You can also extract boot.img from the zip file and flash using fastboot from your PC.

For those that want the most up to date info go here +Source can be found on Github- https://github.com/TDR/Xoom

Updated with new "c1" version

updated with the new 3g "D" kernel check it out

Updated with new Launchpad 3.1 Kernel and flashable zip for tun.ko support for those that want openVPN functions

Heard insane Mflops (67-69) and Quadrant results (4200 and over)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps and if it has hit the thanks button
    This is not my work, I am just placing it here so it can have its own thread. I have installed it on my xoom and it works flawlessly, however it broke my 3g. But I understand it works great on wifi xooms, enjoy!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/xoo...92-kernel-oc-kernel-xoom-honeycomb-3-1-a.html

Yep, posted in that thread, its working fine on my wifi xoom. I'll post it here too, not that benchmarks mean much!

65.291 linpack
    4142 quad
    Yes cifs.ko is installed and seems to be working

I read the post on the other forum; but no information on it, is the cifs module inside and working?
    Hey everyone, I have a little question. I saw that so far that most are reporting success. I just want to make sure, Will this work with those who went to 3.1 with the BDR method?

Yes, that's what I did.
    how do you roll back to original kernel?

I went ahead and flashed the official SBF and went back to 3.0 stock so as I didn't have to worry about things matching up or getting stuck in a bootloop. (This was when I went from Tiamat, not this Kernel) From there, I allowed the OTA updates to catch and bring me to 3.1. Although I'd assume you can just take the updated stock 3.1 boot.img and flash it over this boot.img.

Either way... good luck! ;)