[Q] Thread for Evo Shift on Boost Mobile

Search This thread

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Adding this info to this thread since it seems relevant.

From http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7726455

Have you tried doing a profile update, thats how the fone gets its network access info and if the the fone is linked to your boost mobile account it should provide the username and password.

PS. What does the fone show up as if you look on your account online. Just curious.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

This is exactly what you need to do.. The phone that you cloned, to get the evo on the network.. You need to get the Shared AAA Secret and HA Shared Secret PAssword. I had this same problem with my EVo when cloning it with the samsung moment.. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED! TRUST ME.. I spent months trying to figure out my problem and found it to be this.. This is the only method that can get you up and running. The HA Shared Secret is in Hex Format.. ill see if i can find that same guide that i used and post it later

Just do a ##rtn# and reset it. That's what I did after I put my evo on boost. It did the hands free activation and everything. Try that

Hope this helps.

Again, you need to be on a Sense rom for these ## commands to work. I suggest flashing Supreme Sense, running the ##rtn# command, let the phone do hands free activation then update profile and PRL in phone settings -> software update.

It should then work and you will be able to flash back to CM7.

gmzombie

Sep 25, 2011
Wyoming
ok having some issues here

i have searched the interwebs for guides and whatnot and i found a good one at least it seems good but i cant get past the esn locations..no matter what i do i run down the complete list and do what i was told to do and it dosent 0 it out. there are like 30 or so that i go through? is that normal? i have rooted 2.2 with the radio of 1.07.00.1129. i got the phone to 0 out the meid but not the esn..??

Also while looking through all of the locations i sometimes find a meid that isnt quite all the way in like it dosent have the first 2 hexs 6 pairs out of 7..should i 0 them out too?

Last edited:

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
i have searched the interwebs for guides and whatnot and i found a good one at least it seems good but i cant get past the esn locations..no matter what i do i run down the complete list and do what i was told to do and it dosent 0 it out. there are like 30 or so that i go through? is that normal? i have rooted 2.2 with the radio of 1.07.00.1129. i got the phone to 0 out the meid but not the esn..??

Also while looking through all of the locations i sometimes find a meid that isnt quite all the way in like it dosent have the first 2 hexs 6 pairs out of 7..should i 0 them out too?

Not really sure. Have you tried doing a profile and PRL update twice and rebooting the phone twice? Have you tried ##rtn# and doing OTA?

gmzombie

Sep 25, 2011
Wyoming
yea im not even to the profile step yet. still trying to do the unmentionable swap. but i have someone who can do it and is going to do it tomorrow for 15 dollars. just to 0 them out. i say well worth it now i dont have a headache

Hero_onboost

Jul 5, 2011
Fortworth
HALF flash

i recently went to another forum cdma gurus nad had assitance from "scuba" excelent guy knows exactly what he is doin but in the middle of my flash before we could really set even the calls up, he jumped off and hasnt returned i am messing around in qpst and cdmaws but i am kinda lost i have rewatched everything he has done but here is my issue, i have no evdo profile my calls wont go out it tells me error 16 switch 6 then throws me to sprint. i can recieve calls and my sms works just fine. but i really need my phone if any one can link me to a thread that has like perfect STEP BY STEP instructions on how to use a incognito as a donor phone and get the shift up and running i could care less about media mail since it get the direct download link and all i have to do is click download through my data. i have read up and down every forum i can find i really cant figure it out on my own i am missing to many key steps! thanks for any help at all. i love xda so much it has gotten me through alot =)

Last edited:

roberthawkins

Sep 16, 2010
i recently went to another forum cdma gurus nad had assitance from "scuba" excelent guy knows exactly what he is doin but in the middle of my flash before we could really set even the calls up, he jumped off and hasnt returned i am messing around in qpst and cdmaws but i am kinda lost i have rewatched everything he has done but here is my issue, i have no evdo profile my calls wont go out it tells me error 16 switch 6 then throws me to sprint. i can recieve calls and my sms works just fine. but i really need my phone if any one can link me to a thread that has like perfect STEP BY STEP instructions on how to use a incognito as a donor phone and get the shift up and running i could care less about media mail since it get the direct download link and all i have to do is click download through my data. i have read up and down every forum i can find i really cant figure it out on my own i am missing to many key steps! thanks for any help at all. i love xda so much it has gotten me through alot =)

Sounds like your phone got flagged on the network. If you have another boost phone (doesn't matter which one) go to boostmobile.com, my account, update handset. Activate the other one. Leave it on and place a test call or two. Then go back and put the incognito esn back in. Your evo should work now.

On the shift, I can't get past scanning memory in WS without it booting the phone. Anytips?

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
Is there a way to get a guide on how to flash?? I'm sorry but I'm not fond of sending out my phone to someone... so if there is please let me know.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

acme64

Mar 4, 2009
PDF Manual

Im not sure how to post the pdf...or how this works out with the flashing process because I have never done it on my personal phone, but someone asked for a step by step, i have the PDF for that step by step that you need in order to convert the evo shift into boost.:p

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Im not sure how to post the pdf...or how this works out with the flashing process because I have never done it on my personal phone, but someone asked for a step by step, i have the PDF for that step by step that you need in order to convert the evo shift into boost.:p

Please click the paper clip icon when you reply and attach it to your next post.

Info for Virgin:

You're definitely going to need those keys from the OV.

The HA shared secret is: "vmug33k" (text string) This is standard on all VM phones, and will actually get you 1x Speeds.

The AAA is going to be located in one of your NV Items. On the Optimus, I'm not actually sure which item it is, BUT..

Use QPST, launch the EFS Explorer, goto the NVM folder and pull these keys (copy and paste) to a folder on your desktop:

465, 465_1, 466, 466_1, 1192, 1194

Use a program called HxD Editor to read these items.

On the Intercept, the AAA is located in 466_1... Again, not sure about the OV.

When viewing with HxD, look for an NV item with "vmug33k" on the right.. Under it will be your AAA Key...

It will look like something like this:
466screen.jpg

Now you have both keys!

Input/Write these keys onto the new phone in QPST/Service Programming/ Under the M.IP tab. Making sure to match ALL information in this tab with the donor. Also, make sure when entering the keys to switch it to "text string"

Think that should get it!

Any questions just ask!

Kev

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Metro PCS/Cricket users:

OKay i was having some major problems with an evo shift on metropcs.
The problem was that i could not get qpst to recognize my phone. basically it is a surf-msm7830 and it draws a blank when you try to re-provision. It only shows banner and phone state waiting for cdma or something like that.
So after a month of messing with it, i finally got a good version of qpst that works with evo shift 4g/speedy.
The secret is qpst 2.7.366, i got it from conflipper, the guy who does cricket stuff at ppcgeeks.
You have to remove the old qpst then install the new one.
Just follow bloodykiller86's tutorial and youre set to go.
I would make a modified bloody killer tutorial but i dont have the time to make screenshots.
Bloodykiller86 tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8395950#post8395950
and here is qpst, please please make some mirror 4shared, hotfiles, and file sharing accounts.
Here is qpst
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6388346
I am uploading at 2mb so anyone should be able to get it, but i wont seed for ever.
I cant post on any other xda threads because of my low post count, stupid rule.
So feel free to move my post to anywhere it is suitable, also please add to a sticky or make this a sticky. It took me for ever to find this information and yes dont bring up the lame "search" question. It gets old and my response is, what makes you think PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO search? Just answer the question and you have more ways for answer to be indexed.
And all you people that make money from the evo shift flashing and dont want to share information, SCREW YOU!!!
I HOPE YOU LOOSE SOME MAJOR MONEY NOW THAT THIS IS OUT!!!!!!!

Almost forgot, dont forget to root. Shiftrr worked good for me. The hard part was getting the drivers and adb to work.
Then once that worked you just have to apply shiftrr about 2-3 times and see if you get root.
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/root-and-install-recovery-on-htc-evo-shift-4g-one-click-root/

Another tip, if you cant install android sdk because of java dependency (%programfiles%\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\jre and you know you have it installed already.
Just download the zip and extract anywhere, it should work just fine with out the installer.

EDIT: MMS is now working good
Here is the link to a known working mms solution for the evo shift.
"Also wana add that if you do wipe cache and data or restore apns to default after doing my fix YOUR MMS WILL STILL WORK this makes metropcs your default setting"
http://team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php?393-evo-shift-metropcs-mms-fix

Jan 13, 2012
data help

i recently switched my htc evo shift to boostmobile and in the beginning i had everything working! but the phone would not do the ota update for profile/prl so someone in the forum told me to do a ##rtn# and when i did it set everything back to sprint service .......so i went through and redid everything im back on boost network text and phonecalls work i have the 3g icon lighting up and flashing looking like its doing something but when i go to the market or to the internet browser i have no data.....can someone help?? i owe the help and thanks to scuba

i again went through and did the ##RTN# and it provisioned and is working on boost mobile i have the 3g logo flashing and under evdo engeneering an/aaa is 1=authenticated i set my username to meid@hcs.sprintpcs,com and when i did the ota profile update it sent my username to myname@myboostmobile.com
can i get some help plz.....i used a incognito to do the deed!!!!
any info would be awesome

also i am now getting a error 67 since it did the profile update but im still on boostmobile

Last edited:

gzetski

Feb 23, 2012
Shift rebooting with QXDM

Ok, I am piecing my work from several guides, and I am running into several problems here. Going from Incognito to Shift.

First:

Next go to the "Memory" tab, NV Items and write the 4 NV Items we saved from your donor phone earlier.465, 466, 1192, and 1194.

I get an error saying this is not a valid NV item in CDMA Workshop.
I pulled the original NV items from the Shift and compared them with Incognito's, completely different structure. Is it safe to edit the donor NV items to the Shift NV item format?

Second:

Now carefully copy a MEID or ESN address from your saved notepad file to the "Address" field and press enter. Example: 0x108D8FE0

Taken from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1235327

Every time I try to search for MEID or ESN the phone reboots.

Any ideas?

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
Ok, I am piecing my work from several guides, and I am running into several problems here. Going from Incognito to Shift.

First:

I get an error saying this is not a valid NV item in CDMA Workshop.
I pulled the original NV items from the Shift and compared them with Incognito's, completely different structure. Is it safe to edit the donor NV items to the Shift NV item format?

Second:

Taken from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1235327

Every time I try to search for MEID or ESN the phone reboots.

Any ideas?

ok well not sure i can tell you about the esn info cuz some forums are scared of the legality of the subject ...but lets just say your going about it the hard way ...i had no luck scanning the memory it did the same for me kept reseting the phone...but if you message me i will share some valubale info on how to get it done....as for the nv items im not sure why you wouldnt be able to add them because i used the incognito droped the nv items on my desk top then wrote them to the shift...no problems at all .....

pancho8188

May 8, 2010
i recently switched my htc evo shift to boostmobile and in the beginning i had everything working! but the phone would not do the ota update for profile/prl so someone in the forum told me to do a ##rtn# and when i did it set everything back to sprint service .......so i went through and redid everything im back on boost network text and phonecalls work i have the 3g icon lighting up and flashing looking like its doing something but when i go to the market or to the internet browser i have no data.....can someone help?? i owe the help and thanks to scuba

i again went through and did the ##RTN# and it provisioned and is working on boost mobile i have the 3g logo flashing and under evdo engeneering an/aaa is 1=authenticated i set my username to meid@hcs.sprintpcs,com and when i did the ota profile update it sent my username to myname@myboostmobile.com
can i get some help plz.....i used a incognito to do the deed!!!!
any info would be awesome

also i am now getting a error 67 since it did the profile update but im still on boostmobile
any chance i could ask for help with my evo on boost,,,,

asheliemarie

Apr 2, 2013
kingman, az
hey...

hey i have an eco shift i was wanting to flash to boost mobile. right now i have the kyocera hydro on boost mobile. is there a step by step guide for that. that someone can pm me or something?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
hey i have an eco shift i was wanting to flash to boost mobile. right now i have the kyocera hydro on boost mobile. is there a step by step guide for that. that someone can pm me or something?
I think you wanted to type EVO Shift ;) . As far as putting an EVO Shift on Boost. It's been done. Just use the search feature on the site, or app. It will get you what you need. It's been a while since I did one. The last time I believe I used a guide for the OG EVO.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi - I'm new to the forum - just wondering if any others users here are running their HTC Evo Shift on Boost Mobile?

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum or is covered in another thread – I know there are a lot of posts in the general forum about running smartphones on Boost Mobile, but my searches weren’t returning anything specific to the HTC Evo Shift on Boost.

I've recently rooted my phone (thanks to this thread) and now I am hoping to find solutions for a couple of issues that are inherent to running the Shift on Boost:

Voicemail
    Understandably my Boost voicemails aren't syncing up with the stock voicemail app that came designed for Sprint. It's not the end of the world to have to auto-dial my own phone number to manage my voicemails manually, but it would be nice to view them through an application – or, at the very least, get notifications & alerts when new voicemails are received. I've been looking at services such as YouMail and HulloMail – but from what I understand; Boost Mobile does not support the call forwarding features that are necessary for these to work. Are there any other Evo Shift users on Boost here that have found a workaround for their voicemail?

MMS
    Yes, I know the issue of MMS functionality on Boost Mobile has been covered in a dozen or more other threads on the general forum. However, those threads deal with a lot of different phones – they do not address MMS issues on the Evo Shift specifically. The few solutions suggested there have not worked on my Evo Shift so far.

Just to clarify – I have no trouble sending outbound MMS messages. My pictures and videos seem to be delivered normally to the recipients. The problem is with receiving inbound MMS messages. Rather than receiving a message with the MMS content displayed, I am sent a normal text message from Boost Mobile that essentially says “Hi you’ve received a media message, click here to view it!” and then it provides a link to https://mediamail.boostmobile.com where I’m supposed to go and log in to my account to view whatever picture or video was just sent to me. Obviously, this is incredibly annoying. To make matters worse – the link that Boost provides in their text message doesn’t even work – I have to go open my web browsing app and pull up my bookmark for the media mail website.

Is there an Evo Shift user on this forum who has found a way to receive true MMS functionality through Boost Mobile? So far I’ve just been tinkering with the MMS Server URL under the advanced phone settings (##3282#), and that is not working. I’ve heard mention of the need to change or delete certain apk or codex files – or to do something with the apn – but there were no clearly defined instructions on how to do that... and to be honest, I’m still learning what those terms really mean.

And finally – if someone could point me towards a thread that provides some very introductory information about custom ROM’s for the Evo Shift – such as how they are used, what enhancements they bring to the Evo Shift – and what are the inherent risks or downsides from using them… that would really be appreciated. I’m assuming that is the next subject for me to start exploring now that I’ve successfully perm-rooted my phone. I've been browsing the development forum, but much of it is over my head.

Many thanks.