Replacement battery issues (phone loop rebooting)

Search This thread

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
As the title says, and much to my surprise :) a cheap replacement battery i bought on ebay (http://goo.gl/y4RML) for my Omnia 7 makes my phone reboot constantly when put to charger or USB. Works fine when not charging.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for this, other than battery being a cheap replacement?

On a side note, the original battery weights 4.7g more than the replacement, as measured by my perfectly working digital scale i bought on ebay.

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
BUMP

I just bought another one, same problem. So I'm calling it quits and buying an OEM battery.

Mattemoller90

Nov 28, 2008
Same problem, I try a non original battery and now when I try to charge my original battery my omnia reboot :(

dulci2se

Nov 4, 2010
Decided to sell my Omnia......although I liked Windows a lot, the battery does not charge very quickly, it will not charge above about 90% and I have tried 3 different batteries, 2 or 3 chargers etc. all with the same result. The phone needs either a software update or hardware mods.......Samsung get your finger out and fix this problem......
I also found it very difficult to get a genuine battery, had to buy a 3rd party battery which did not seem as good........:mad:

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
Bump... I also bought 2 cheap batteries for Omnia 7, and had the same problem, although it works ok, when you plug in the charger (or microUSB on PC), after 3-4 seconds the phone reboots. and then boots again, and instantly reboots...leading to an endless booting-rebooting loop. When you disconnect the cable, it's boots ok.

The batteries I got were marked 'Made in China' (made in Korea for the original). Also they had a (slightly) different P/N: EB504465VB (chinese) vs EB504465VU (original)

I have tried to charge the battery when the phone is in Download mode. It works, but I'm afraid that the constant image of the bootloader may burn in the Omnia7 AmoLED screen.

Has anyone found any decent source of replacement batteries for Omnia7 (apart from Mugen, that is very pricey)?

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
same battery problem, so i bought a charger dock :)

Does that dock charges only the battery? Can nyou provide a link, if you have bought it online? I have found some docks on ebay, but not for omnia7 specifically. They say the y are universal for almost all types of batteries. Do you have a universal one or a omnia7?

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
Grazie newfl, i found it.

The batteries that came with the dock charger had the same problem, right? What is their Part Number, EB504465VB 'or' EB504465VU?

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
Have any of you noticed if the battery really is 1500mAh? The packaging says 850, which is ridiculous. Can you get through a day with 1hour calls, some IM, 2 hour music, 1 hour gaming, 1 hour reading an ebook, etc, the usuall?

I'll probably buy an original battery though, as i plan to keep this phone for at least a year more.

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
The ones I got are very identical to the original, and they say 5.55Whr / 1500 mAh. Their difference is the manufacurer country (original Korea, replacement China) and the last letter of their P/N (thing that might explain their incompatibility).
I didn't have the change to fully test the batteries, because of the aforementioned charging compatibility problem, but I expect my dock charger in any moment, and I will provide comparative results firstly on WPBench, then on real life.

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
So here it goes:

WP Bench Battery Test
==================
Settings: Airplane Mode: ON, GPS: ON (forgot it on so left it on for all tries), Brightness: LOW, Backgroung Agents: Disabled (through forcing Battery Saving Mode)

Replacement Battery: 1st:02h 40min 06sec, 2nd:02h 45min 08sec, 3rd: 02h 43min 43sec
Original Battery: 03h 41min 29sec

There is a big difference (original > replacement 34%) that I don't know if it is because of the low actual capacity of the replacement battery (despite its capacity is cited at 1500 mAh, the same as the original battery), or because of the not good charging of the dock charger (although the phone index in every case stated 100% when the freshly charged battery was inserted)

BiG K

Dec 31, 2009
2430mAh..woooooooow is 62% more than original 1500mAh battery, if you buy this battery tell us your experience :)

It's fake. There is no chance a company being able to squeeze that much power into a battery package the same size. Otherwise Samsung would have included a 2000mah+ battery already!

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
Have any of you guys tried this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-2430MA...ccessories&hash=item2572462b5c#ht_2329wt_1139

look legit? 2430mAh sounds awesome! My stock battery lasts about half a day!

The gold brand battery capacity shouldn't be trusted. Like the post above me, there is no way you can cram a lot more mah with the same battery technology while having the same physical size as the original battery. At best you can have 10% more than the original, but from my experience, most of the original battery already maxed out their capacity for their size.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solve my "Replacement battery issues (phone loop rebooting)" with an hard reset