What are the nightlies at here? Are they the newest updates of CM7.2 - RC1?

Search This thread

flusshd

May 7, 2009
Paris
Hi folks,

Im sorry that this is a silly question, but I have been attempting to look for the next update of CM7.2-RC1 since 14-Mar at here:

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus

But I saw only the ninghtly versions that show as CM7 (not CM7.2, I mean)

Because that they were added into the same download link with the CM7.2-RC1, so I am wondering whether they are the newest updates of it, I mean the 19-Apr and the 21-Apr releases?

Please excuse me if this is a repeated question as somwhere. Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

flusshd

May 7, 2009
Paris
In other words, my question is: Have been there the CM7.2-RC2, RC3, RC4...yet? And where is the official link I can check for the newest update of CM7.2 series? Thank you all in advance again.

matthew5025

Dec 23, 2010
The nightly is the latest version. No need to check further. I guess if you don't want to take my work for it, you can always check github for the latest changes.

Reactions: flusshd

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
That's the latest RC. Nightlies are the the only "most up to date" roms, but they aren't release candidates.

Edit: actually, RC2 is the latest I think. I'm searching on my phone so its kinda hard to find.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus&type=RC
Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: flusshd

flusshd

May 7, 2009
Paris
WTF? There is no RC2 yet. RC1 is the latest "stable" release, and the nightlies are unstable snapshots from those dates with updates to RC1.

Thank you. So RC2 is not released yet and we just wait for it in short time, right? At meanwhile, I see that the nightly 21-Apr in the link on post #1 showed as CM7 instead of CM7.2. So could you advise me about this? How is this version comparing to the CM7.2-RC1?

e07015

Jun 17, 2010
Chicago
What are you waiting for? RC1 is the Stable Release. There is probably no more development for CM7 on the Atrix. RC1 is very stable and fully functional. I think you even have fingerprint thanks to the Atrix team.

If you want something different, there are some CM7 variants such as MIUI, Ligux and Mokee.

All development now is in ICS which is basically waiting on Moto to release ICS drivers and kernels. Until then you will not have a fully functioning ROM although the devs have done some awesome work with what they have.

Enjoy CM7 as it is a great ROM for the Atrix.

windozeanti

Apr 14, 2012
I am running Morrisoft Gen V0.9 based on CM7 nightly April 9th 2012. It is fast and smooth. I have not experienced any bugs yet. You can give it a try.

May 3, 2012
The CM7 nightly released 4-21 (20120420) is more stable than the RC1 so far.

the RC1 fingerlock would stop working if you unselected usb debugging and you would be totally locked out unless you rewiped. It also would constantly random reboot as well as reboot on incoming calls.

The latest nightly so far fixed all that. Yeah I wish there was a newer official release but i guess they are going to CM9 now. But like the e07015 said, moto has not released the drivers and kernels for ics so there wont be any official CM9 release anytime soon. :/

I'm fine with cm7 if it stays stable, crossing my finger. Its WAYYYYY faster and better than motoblurSUCK!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Date added: 2012-04-21 06:16:11 is the latest nightly.
    The nightly is the latest version. No need to check further. I guess if you don't want to take my work for it, you can always check github for the latest changes.
    That's the latest RC. Nightlies are the the only "most up to date" roms, but they aren't release candidates.

Edit: actually, RC2 is the latest I think. I'm searching on my phone so its kinda hard to find.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus&type=RC
    Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA
    WTF? There is no RC2 yet. RC1 is the latest "stable" release, and the nightlies are unstable snapshots from those dates with updates to RC1.