Charging Without Turn On

Search This thread

joni870303

Aug 17, 2008
Hi Friends! I have a nexus 7 (2012). I have a quaestion, my device can not charging when its turn off. If i plug the charging cable,its turn on automatically. How can i this function swith off? I use cm11 m8.
Before i dont have this promlem. Please help.

Thanks,

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hi Friends! I have a nexus 7 (2012). I have a quaestion, my device can not charging when its turn off. If i plug the charging cable,its turn on automatically. How can i this function swith off? I use cm11 m8.
Before i dont have this promlem. Please help.

Thanks,

Pretty sure that's not normal, the default is to charge when off. The bootloader will come up with the charging screen (big white battery) but then the screen goes off and it charges. It is not going to ever charge completely off.

To re-enable the default, do this in bootloader. If you don't know how, google how to use Fastboot on the Nexus 7.

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

joni870303

Aug 17, 2008
Thanks your answer, i wrote your command, and came this message: "<bootloader> Charging mode will be enabled after rebooting.."
So i try, but if i plug the AC turn on the device. Have idea?

Pretty sure that's not normal, the default is to charge when off. The bootloader will come up with the charging screen (big white battery) but then the screen goes off and it charges. It is not going to ever charge completely off.

To re-enable the default, do this in bootloader. If you don't know how, google how to use Fastboot on the Nexus 7.

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1