Official ICS update Arc&Arc-S 4.1.B.0.431 available for download(updated on 30th May)

Search This thread

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
Just updated my arc s thru pc companion, its all ok except i felt that GB is way smoother than ICS and anyone experience some issues on temple run when you swipe to side to side sometimes the character jumps instead of turning left or right?

Yeh, Temple Run is screwed - but it looks like it's their problem, not Sony's.

Auxilium

Aug 5, 2011
Key West, FL
I have the LT18a and ICS is available via PC Companion.

Updating now.
Done!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-23-19-20-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-23-19-20-16.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

Lusterboi

Dec 3, 2010
I have Lt18i and my number is on the list. Any reason why I can't update yet? I'm located in New York and PC Companion doesn't show any available updates.

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
Are you using Stock or Custom rom? did you tried it on AOSP base or other custom roms?

I tried it on stock ICS and Arconium - both using the official ICS kernel. Both have the same problem. I'm back on GB but might give this another go and try a different kernel (DoomLord's for example). The problem is that Sony haven't released the kernel sources so any non-stock kernels may have other issues (like poor battery life for example).

dedovec

Apr 13, 2012
I have Lt18i and my number is on the list. Any reason why I can't update yet? I'm located in New York and PC Companion doesn't show any available updates.

Be patient. Sony's servers are overloaded. Try to update through Sony Ericsson update service... It will instruct you and download file, then you will get update.

Last edited:

Lusterboi

Dec 3, 2010
Just installed ics this morning. Installation was a breeze. Everything was done under 5 minutes.

Scrolling from home screen seems a little laggy compared to gb but it is not a big deal. Very minor.

Weird that some of my apps didn't get wiped. Isn't it suppose to wipe all of my apps?

But very usable. Going to test out camera later to check out the big fuss about video quality. But I miss the old camera layout already. The ics camera looks bland compared to the gb one.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Auxilium

Aug 5, 2011
Key West, FL
Are there additional apps compared to Nordic release like powersaver app or favorites and history widget?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Powersaver is on there, I haven't been able to look at it much yet unfortunately. I didn't notice a favorites or history widget.

ICS does add a whole new sexy level to the layout, which I'm happy about and I don't notice much lag at all except when I go back to the homescreen, it's blank for maybe half a second.

Reactions: vr5411

vr5411

Sep 23, 2010
Powersaver is on there, I haven't been able to look at it much yet unfortunately. I didn't notice a favorites or history widget.

ICS does add a whole new sexy level to the layout, which I'm happy about and I don't notice much lag at all except when I go back to the homescreen, it's blank for maybe half a second.

Please, post powersaver apk here?
Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my LT18i

petardinjo

Jan 1, 2012
Belgrade
I've managed to press like 15 seconds in the same time - nothing happens.
All that i hear is that "click" for volume down, and when I press power button that slider stop. I mean for volume down.. really strange..

petardinjo

Jan 1, 2012
Belgrade
u have volume down and power button press together :confused:

Of course I did. As i've said in the first place. In the same time i press volume down and power button for at least 10-15 seconds - nothing happens. I also did a settings reset- nothing happened after that action. Taking a screen shoot is simply doesn't work on my Arc S .. I do not have any custom rom, every thing is stock.
Yesterday I did upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS..

I am really pissed off because "take screen shoot" function is not placed in menu when you press only power button..

Still cannot believe that was kicked out in ICS.. Why ?!?!

ideeseng

Jan 21, 2011
Of course I did. As i've said in the first place. In the same time i press volume down and power button for at least 10-15 seconds - nothing happens. I also did a settings reset- nothing happened after that action. Taking a screen shoot is simply doesn't work on my Arc S .. I do not have any custom rom, every thing is stock.
Yesterday I did upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS..

I am really pissed off because "take screen shoot" function is not placed in menu when you press only power button..

Still cannot believe that was kicked out in ICS.. Why ?!?!

i don't know y doesn't work on your Arc S , but work on my Arc no S FTF flashing ..

because, press volume down + power button take screen shoot is ICS ori style.

sco0ter

Jul 19, 2011
Screenshot works fine on my Arc S pressing power and volume down but it has to be at exactly the same time or; get the volume going down or the lock screen. Can take some practice

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: petardinjo

Auxilium

Aug 5, 2011
Key West, FL
Hi,

Can you please tell me how did you took screen shoot? I've tried with volume down and power button bit simply is not working.. This is really annoying to me, since on GB screenshot was on power button..

thnx in advance.

Yeah, you have to be pretty precise when it comes to taking a SS now, Power + Volume Down have to pressed pretty much exactly at the same time. It was easier when it was in the Power Menu.

Sounds silly because it's easy but once you do it a few times you get the hang of it.

jayman1986

Sep 3, 2010
London
Yeah, you have to be pretty precise when it comes to taking a SS now, Power + Volume Down have to pressed pretty much exactly at the same time. It was easier when it was in the Power Menu.

Sounds silly because it's easy but once you do it a few times you get the hang of it.

Its easier if you press volume down a spilt second earlier.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts