[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

diakonos

Oct 22, 2010
Texas
My wife's captivate does this but stopped when NAV got upgraded a few weeks ago although I think it then froze up again after that.

I also noticed that Maps just updated 5/9 to 3.7.0 so I tried restoring my backup to Maps version 3.6.0 -- it didn't help. Formatting /system and reinstalling 3.6 ROM did fix the issue, though. I've since re-updated to Maps 3.7.0 and the Maps/Nav is (so far) working great.

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
I noticed the red name like a day ago but I've been a mod for a few weeks.

So your special and no one has told you why, lol

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Im having issues with the proximity sensor after updating from 3.5 to 3.6. Anyone else? I put the phone to my ear during a call and the screen stays on.

How can you tell if it's to your ear and against your cheek ? Maybe it just works so fast you think it's staying on

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
CaN ANYONE RUN A QUICK TEST ?

Turn on your GPS, Open up Navigation then press "SPEAK DESTINATION"

Does that give you a FC ? Or am I the minority again. Everything else with it is perfect. Luckily my Swype keyboard has a mic button but it would be nice if nav speak worked. Can't type addresses while driving safely so it is imperative for me

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez

Does that give you a FC ? Or am I the minority again. Everything else with it is perfect. Luckily my Swype keyboard has a mic button but it would be nice if nav speak worked. Can't type addresses while driving safely so it is imperative for me

Lol apparently Nav isn't available in my location

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB

you know you have to flash the srec_voicedial addon zip for it to work. i just tested, works fine.

Reactions: daskanda

whisky23

Mar 22, 2012
~Edit: Krarvind fixed the OTA it should appear there. I will test make sure it installs correctly later
~Edit #2: Installed just fine from OTA

Still having the same problem. As I mentioned earlier, when installing Google TTS (now via OTA or downloaded via slimrom website), it WILL appear as an option under Language & Input>Text-to-Speech. However, if I select Google TTS and attempt to use it, it will give me an error message, saying,

--------- "Unfortunately, Google TTS Engine has
stopped" ----------

I get this message when I select Google TTS, and then attempt to "listen to an example." I also get this error message when I select Google TTS, and use it in another application (in my case, I used Google Translate to test out the TTS).

So, yes, Google TTS appears to install just fine as it shows up in the TTS option list, and it even allows you to select it as an option. But use it, and it breaks down. If you can actually use Google TTS, then maybe the Semaphore Kernel I'm using (1.1.1sc) is forcing it to FC.

It's no biggie, since I'm using Ivona TTS for now, but little bugs annoy me, especially since Slim ICS is close to perfect for my use. But thanks for getting Google TTS on the OTA. Now...if we can only get it working...

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Hey I can't send pics. Any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 3.6 w/Semaphore 1.0sc Kernel 1.220Ghz@122% live OC and 387mb available RAM. BUTTER

uzbeque

Apr 4, 2011
I'd better wait 3.7. Flashed to 3.6 yesterday, it seems it has many bugs? Fixed Kernel Panic with flashing another kernel. Now I cant open my SD-Card on computer through USB.

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Since the update my ota app only shows ROM and settings Trans :(

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Try updating updateme in market. Or you didn't flash essentials.

since its an addon zip file its there in addons tab of the OTA app :p

Dammit you ninja'd me

Hey I can't send pics. Any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 3.6 w/Semaphore 1.0sc Kernel 1.220Ghz@122% live OC and 387mb available RAM. BUTTER

I had that issue last weekend. Haven't sent a mms this week, I thought it was just ATT being stupid. I'll test tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......