Gmail Issue: Waiting For Sync

Search This thread

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
Everything was working good until a few days ago. Now the Gmail app states that is waiting for sync. Your email will appear shortly..

And it never does. Ive tried turning off and back on the auto sync and tried to manually sync but I get an error message that says

Sorry!
The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can get it up and running again? Thanks.

I'm on JF's RC33

Last edited:

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
Ok, I figured it out. I went into settings and Gmail Storage and cleared out the data. Then I went back into gmail and entered my account information again and it seems to be syncing now. Really weird, I dont know how it just stopped working. Anyway, hope this helps someone in the future.

hopeshalldie

Jul 2, 2008
Gmail

Dont know if you have docs to go. but when i uninstalled docs to go gmail started working again for me. Now i reinstalled docs to go and havent had any problems yet.

KPeriod

Mar 7, 2009
Toronto
Reinstall any apps you've been using to send attachments (eg. Note Everything, Doodleroid etc.), clear out your gmail and gmail storage data, and it should work.

Try to avoid sending multiple attachments at once: for example if you send one and it 'stalls' and you try to send it again, it could do this to your gmail.

uniquecstms100

Aug 11, 2010
I also had this issue. I resolved this issue by turning sync back on. Once I enabled sync, I was able to get right into my gmail account.

ericscottf

May 11, 2010
Similar problem here
(Using CM 5.0.8 final on my original black G1)
I can manually sync with the server to get email, but syncing seems to happen maybe once a day for the past week or so. It used to happen so frequently that i'd see email on my phone before i'd see it in my web browser if i was at a computer.

Haven't changed anything recently... Tried rebooting the phone of course.

Can't find the tool for clearing out gmail on my phone, so i haven't tried that.

any other theories?

thanks

Edit: Turned off sync everywhere and rebooted. Got stuck in a boot loop.
Used amon ra recovery console to wipe dalvik cache
Boot loop is fixed
Refresh problem seems fixed too.
yay?

Last edited:

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
COME ON GUYS!!! See the date of the last post! Over a year ago!

Mods, can you close threads that had no activity for a year? (close threads had no activity on the thread for a year or more.)