Had to exchange my phone today...

Search This thread

Chief Geek

Aug 13, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Had my note for a week and it would never work right on any AT&T hotspots. It would connect but I would get a notification that the connection failed, basically it seems that the authentication failed as I would get no data despite still showing connected in wifi connections. They gave me a new sim along with about 2 hours of wasted time doing other crap. They eventually put my sim in another handset and it worked. Come to find out that 4 other people have had the same problem in the past couple weeks with their Note. One of which was there at same time and his started working about ten minutes after a sim swap. The other two both got new phones like I did. Something you guys may want to check out, especially if within the 30 days. I spent the past week skimming through and installing apps suggested apps, time to start over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Reactions: khaytsus

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
I had similar issues and got a new sim

Fixed it for me as well

Had my note for a week and it would never work right on any AT&T hotspots. It would connect but I would get a notification that the connection failed, basically it seems that the authentication failed as I would get no data despite still showing connected in wifi connections. They gave me a new sim along with about 2 hours of wasted time doing other crap. They eventually put my sim in another handset and it worked. Come to find out that 4 other people have had the same problem in the past couple weeks with their Note. One of which was there at same time and his started working about ten minutes after a sim swap. The other two both got new phones like I did. Something you guys may want to check out, especially if within the 30 days. I spent the past week skimming through and installing apps suggested apps, time to start over.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA App

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky

UGGGHHHHHHH I hate when I click "Thanks" instead of Quote. Ugh.

Anyway, so they swapped your phone when they just needed to swap the SIM? Brilliant...

Chief Geek

Aug 13, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
UGGGHHHHHHH I hate when I click "Thanks" instead of Quote. Ugh.

Anyway, so they swapped your phone when they just needed to swap the SIM? Brilliant...

First, thansk for the thank anyways!
Second, No I did need a new phone. They swapped my SIM with no change. The one guy got a sim swap and it worked for him. Took awhole new phone for me. But I'm big on getting what I pay for. They used the free wifi as a selling point. I will very rarely use it, but first night there I was at McDs and got a connection failed notice. If i'm paying for it, it'll work one way or the other, especially now that I dont have unlimited data.

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
Just because it connects to a wifi spot doesn't mean you get internet right away. You still need to open up a browser and confirm to their terms and conditions before the internet works.

Chief Geek

Aug 13, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Yea I know, it wouldnt do that though. The browser tried to connect and got nowhere. The key to the authentication fail is that network connections showed it connected but the ATT notification said connection failed. This is the safeguard that keeps all but ATT devices off the network, a function of a implicit deny rule.

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
This is prob meant for another thread but they really need to make those ATT Hotspots recognize that you're on an ATT phone and auto connect without having to hit accept on the Terms and Conditions. I have times when my mother and aunt are at a Starbucks and they'd call me saying they're on the wifi but it's not working. I gotta keep telling them to open up a browser and hit accept on the terms and conditions.

johnus

Nov 25, 2007
Laguna Beach
This is prob meant for another thread but they really need to make those ATT Hotspots recognize that you're on an ATT phone and auto connect without having to hit accept on the Terms and Conditions. I have times when my mother and aunt are at a Starbucks and they'd call me saying they're on the wifi but it's not working. I gotta keep telling them to open up a browser and hit accept on the terms and conditions.

I've never had to accept any Terms and Conditions on an AT&T device at an AT&T hotspot. If I go to Starbucks, the phone connects without any prompting and gains access, a little AT&T hotspot indicator appears in the notification bar. If I try to connect with my laptop or a non-AT&T phone, I have to accept Terms and Conditions.

mark_20

May 29, 2007
San Jose, CA
I also had to exchange my Note this week, after about 10 days of use. The phone was in the car holder and it rebooted. It then started boot looping where it would display the Samsung splash logo, and then reboot. It would not go into Recovery, though would go into Download mode. AT&T tried to reset it for 20 minutes and then gave up and gave me a new phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.