[FP1][Kernel][Odin][CWM]Stock FP1 kernel

Search This thread

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I decided to dump the stock FP1 kernel for everyone who has been looking for an way to get it without having to go back to stock. It's Odin only right now, but I'll try to put together a CWM in the next day or two when I get time.

Stock FP1 kernel Odin: http://www.mediafire.com/?ns38atiw1d7er5x

EDIT: We now have a CWM version thanks to dwitherell. See his post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24459684&postcount=8

Make sure you're at rfs before flashing either of these kernels, otherwise, you'll hang at boot.

DISCLAIMER: As usual, I'm not responsible if this breaks your phone, burns down your house, or causes your dog to run away. I've tested it and it works for me.

Big thanks go to imnuts, both as an inspiration and for the many examples that I've studied and followed to get enough confidence to do this.

One more note. When I was testing this, installing PBJ over FP1 killed my boot animation and flashing the FP1 kernel didn't bring it back. If this happens to you, reflash your ROM and it should fix it.

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
sweet, this is what we need. It's a pain to go back to full image. Thanks bro.

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
This kernel can be flashed if you never took the OTA, still custom ROM, custom kernel, and would like to flash eclipse 2.0?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
Awesome! Thanks man. Nice to have to try out the kernel without having to deal with the rest of stock. Now I can see if the radios really are new and improved! ;)

matalo

Sep 10, 2010
I get stuck on SAMSUNG screen after flashing this on top of Eclipse 2.0. I am going to try backing out and trying again.

wetwaterdog

Apr 4, 2011
It's not a good idea to run FP1 kernel on any EP4 rom. It meant to be use with FP1 base rom only.

Just what is the FP1 base rom? I thought the only way to get to the FP1 was from the base rom EP4.

Example, if I am currently running FP1 Eclipse, when I flash this, will I end up back at stock FP1.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just what is the FP1 base rom? I thought the only way to get to the FP1 was from the base rom EP4.

Example, if I am currently running FP1 Eclipse, when I flash this, will I end up back at stock FP1.

Base rom, meaning a rom using FP1 as the base. Flashing this over Eclipse 2.0 will work fine, and should get your wifi back if you're having wifi issues.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I just had the weirdest thing. first, I am running eclipse 2.0 with PNJ. I tried to CWM the stock FP1 kernel after disabling voodoo Lagfix. My system booted up, but was so slow it was unusable. I cleared my caches before the flash and backed up (thankfully) any idea what went wrong. Of ya I also have tried reflashing ROM and kernel a couple times to see if it'll work. Any ideas what I'm missing here, I know it's something simple.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
I just had the weirdest thing. first, I am running eclipse 2.0 with PNJ. I tried to CWM the stock FP1 kernel after disabling voodoo Lagfix. My system booted up, but was so slow it was unusable. I cleared my caches before the flash and backed up (thankfully) any idea what went wrong. Of ya I also have tried reflashing ROM and kernel a couple times to see if it'll work. Any ideas what I'm missing here, I know it's something simple.

Did you try the Odin instead?

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012

Were you using Voltage Control or SetCPU? I know when I first flashed the kernel it defaulted to Power Save for the Governor which was making it run pretty slow.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Yea I had voltage control, but it restored it to default before flashing. I think I'll just have to go back to stock, take update then root and put eclipse back on. If I decide I really want my wifi working again.
Thanks for the a suggestions.

cujo6801

Jan 2, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Yea I had voltage control, but it restored it to default before flashing. I think I'll just have to go back to stock, take update then root and put eclipse back on. If I decide I really want my wifi working again.
Thanks for the a suggestions.

Just a thought but did you install the fp1 modem? (Radio).. eclipse does not come with it.....

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Posted this elsewhere, but...

Ironically I only put together a cwm zip a while back and not an ODIN...

With our powers combined... ;)
    I decided to dump the stock FP1 kernel for everyone who has been looking for an way to get it without having to go back to stock. It's Odin only right now, but I'll try to put together a CWM in the next day or two when I get time.

Stock FP1 kernel Odin: http://www.mediafire.com/?ns38atiw1d7er5x

EDIT: We now have a CWM version thanks to dwitherell. See his post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24459684&postcount=8

Make sure you're at rfs before flashing either of these kernels, otherwise, you'll hang at boot.

DISCLAIMER: As usual, I'm not responsible if this breaks your phone, burns down your house, or causes your dog to run away. I've tested it and it works for me.

Big thanks go to imnuts, both as an inspiration and for the many examples that I've studied and followed to get enough confidence to do this.

One more note. When I was testing this, installing PBJ over FP1 killed my boot animation and flashing the FP1 kernel didn't bring it back. If this happens to you, reflash your ROM and it should fix it.
    I installed Voodoo Sound. It seems to only deal with audio settings. Am I missing something there?

It will only show conversion options if you flash imoseyon 4.0. Once you install it bootup, check to disable lagfix and reboot. It will convert then reboot to recovery to flash this:D

This kernel can be flashed if you never took the OTA, still custom ROM, custom kernel, and would like to flash eclipse 2.0?

Yep. This will bring you to the FP1 kernel from any state.
    Wow. I'm still on Humble 4.1 and it's been pretty rock solid, for the most part. 4G pops on/off but I think that might be Vzn. I do think maybe I'll go back to stock and do the OTA, but don't know if it's worth the time-sink.

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using Tapatalk

Trust me it is worth it! Used to run that, and tweaked even with the stock fp1 kernel is much, much better! :D