[Q] WiFi Turn On by It-self. Why?

Search This thread

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Hey Guys,

I saw many threads about this, nothing with Z1, and I can't figure out where is the problem.

Like the title says WiFi turn on by it self. I am on .136, no root, nothing, and I never saw this issue before, maybe because I leaved WiFi on all the time but now I have to use 4G to call people with Skype and I want WiFi Off, but I can't. All the time I leave my phone for few minutes WiFi appear to be On no matter what and my battery drain quickly.

I am sure is Android involved in this but how can I fix it?

Riaes

Apr 8, 2011
Tanjungpinang
Hey Guys,

I saw many threads about this, nothing with Z1, and I can't figure out where is the problem.

Like the title says WiFi turn on by it self. I am on .136, no root, nothing, and I never saw this issue before, maybe because I leaved WiFi on all the time but now I have to use 4G to call people with Skype and I want WiFi Off, but I can't. All the time I leave my phone for few minutes WiFi appear to be On no matter what and my battery drain quickly.

I am sure is Android involved in this but how can I fix it?

is your location based wifi on?

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Who knows? and what you mean?

They are not separated. For Google's location Section, if WiFi is Off Google will use Mobile network to determine my approximate location.

There is no reason to turn it on, or I missing something?

Go into settings and power management... There is an option for location based wifi...if that's on your wifi comes on when your near a location you used wifi before...is just a power saving option

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Go into settings and power management... There is an option for location based wifi...if that's on your wifi comes on when your near a location you used wifi before...is just a power saving option

Never used this option and still off. I like to turn on WiFi manually. It's not this one to turn on my WiFi.

Any other suggestions?

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
I know, it just P...t me off, because on my phone everything should work fine :mad:

Maybe clear cache and data in the settings app see will that make a difference...you will lose all your saved settings but sure it's better than a factory reset haha

Edit there is actually a wifi settings app clear cache and data for that app...it's one of them com.Sony.wifi settings I think

Last edited:

Zafar7777

Oct 11, 2012
mumbai
Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly

Reactions: eclyptos

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

It was Battery Guru. I just disabled manage Wi-Fi based on my usage and don't manage Wi-Fi for at last 4 hours in Advanced and it not turning on anymore. I do it manually. Very happy now. Battery life stay up longer. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you running battery guru? If yes it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically if it comes in range of that network.
    Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly