[SOLVED] Epic frustration!!! Problems with ROM installation. Everything else seems OK

Search This thread

OpusLefteye

Jun 19, 2014
Tearing my hair out a little with this one.

Out of the box my phone was a UK GSM HTC One, which I gather is the 'm7' when I'm in this company :)

I've unlocked the handset with the HTC Developer unlock instructions
I've installed ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.4.8 (as per the note on CyanogenMod site, re new partition structure)
I've rooted with SuperSU.zip
I've not got S-OFF (I'm unclear as to the value of going that far; although I have done with previous phones)

I can get to the bootloader fine; I can switch to fastboot; I can issue fastboot commands; I can get to recovery and do all the recovery stuff; I can issue adb sideloads

What I DON'T seem to be able to do, is install any ROM other than cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-m7.zip . Any other ROM I try (later CM snapshots; Android Revolution HD; deodexed Stock ROM (from Android Rev site)), all give me installation errors....

I get the errors if I;

- Try a CM update from within CM in the Settings/Updates menus
- Reboot to recovery and do a zip install from recovery (zip previously downloaded to phone)
- ADB sideload from recovery

Can ANYONE think of anything I'm not doing; or that I'm doing incorrectly, that might be causing this?

It's driving me nuts!

Last edited:

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
Tearing my hair out a little with this one.

Out of the box my phone was a UK GSM HTC One, which I gather is the 'm7' when I'm in this company :)

I've unlocked the handset with the HTC Developer unlock instructions
I've installed ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.4.8 (as per the note on CyanogenMod site, re new partition structure)
I've rooted with SuperSU.zip
I've not got S-OFF (I'm unclear as to the value of going that far; although I have done with previous phones)

I can get to the bootloader fine; I can switch to fastboot; I can issue fastboot commands; I can get to recovery and do all the recovery stuff; I can issue adb sideloads

What I DON'T seem to be able to do, is install any ROM other than cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-m7.zip . Any other ROM I try (later CM snapshots; Android Revolution HD; deodexed Stock ROM (from Android Rev site)), all give me installation errors....

I get the errors if I;

- Try a CM update from within CM in the Settings/Updates menus
- Reboot to recovery and do a zip install from recovery (zip previously downloaded to phone)
- ADB sideload from recovery

Can ANYONE think of anything I'm not doing; or that I'm doing incorrectly, that might be causing this?

It's driving me nuts!
Flash TWRP recovery, version 2.6.3.3, not the latest via fastboot and enjoy

Can't think of a good sig

OpusLefteye

Jun 19, 2014
Flash TWRP recovery, version 2.6.3.3, not the latest via fastboot and enjoy

For my own satisfaction; why not the latest TWRP?

Thanks though. That sounds like a pretty decisive answer!

Also. For future reference, was the way I laid out my question clear and should I include any other details?

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
For my own satisfaction; why not the latest TWRP?

Thanks though. That sounds like a pretty decisive answer!

Also. For future reference, was the way I laid out my question clear and should I include any other details?
Latest TWRP has some problems with flashing kitkat ROMs.Version 2.6.3.3 is proven to work with every ROM out there. The best thing to do if you have a problem with your phone is to explain your issue as short as possible and post fastboot getvar all. Your post was fine, but for future reference, and let's hope you won't need it, fastboot getvar all is a great help

OpusLefteye

Jun 19, 2014
Latest TWRP has some problems with flashing kitkat ROMs.Version 2.6.3.3 is proven to work with every ROM out there. The best thing to do if you have a problem with your phone is to explain your issue as short as possible and post fastboot getvar all. Your post was fine, but for future reference, and let's hope you won't need it, fastboot getvar all is a great help

UPDATE - Latest CM11 snapshot in and running nicely :) Thanks donkeykong1