Tired of Commuter, Any suggestions?

Search This thread

msfguard

Jan 18, 2012
Jackson, TN
Ok so ive had the blue/black Otterbox commuter now for a few weeks and I did like it at first but now im just sick of it, makes the phone a little to thick for how often i use it and just has gotten on my nerves, anyone able to recommend something with about the same protection maybe a little bit more thin?

also, ill probably ship this one off to someone when i get a replacment

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Felt the same way with my commuter. From what I've red its the thinnest one of that type of case. The tridents look cooler, but myself I just got an incipio feather shine and I love it. Provides more drop protection than you would think, but looks way cool

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Same protection? Get the Incipio Silicrylic case, looks tons better than the Otter box.

If you want a sleeker case overall, get the Seidio Surface case, with kickstand. :)

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile ;)

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Pretty good, not a glossy finish and the kickstand doesn't add a weird bump like with the Seidio Active. Lmk if you want pics comparing the normal Surface with the Surface kickstand.

UseYourIllusion

May 5, 2012
Had a Best Buy gift card so I grabbed that platinum series case/holster combo and I like it. Pretty protective and slimmer than the Commuter for sure.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 16, 2011
Lexington
I used to use the Commuter on all my iPhones, but the one for the One X is just too hard to get on and off for me. I wanted a slimmer case that didn't leave the camera lens hanging out the back (and I didn't want to break the bank either). I found this one on eBay and it's fantastic. And only $7.95, too. The seller ships super fast, too (from California to Kentucky in 2 days).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180894387775?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Incipio NGP here. I like the softer feel and the decent protection around the edges. The included screen protector is rather lousy, but you can use the coupon to get XtremeGuard for next to nothing. You will have to cut it down a bit to work well with the ngp and not lift at the edges.

blessedswine

Mar 26, 2010
i havent gotten mine yet for the One X but i ordered the Barely There case by Case Logic, i had it for my Inspire 4g and another for my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, cant wait to get mine for this phone, they are thing light and stay on, they arent going to protect from drops like the commuter but they will keep it from getting scratched to hell on the back.

1meanrex

Jan 3, 2011
Minneapolis, Mn
Same protection? Get the Incipio Silicrylic case, looks tons better than the Otter box.

If you want a sleeker case overall, get the Seidio Surface case, with kickstand. :)

Have you noticed the the silicone on the silicryilc to be loose at all? The top and and bottom worry me because they lack the plastic coverage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
i havent gotten mine yet for the One X but i ordered the Barely There case by Case Logic, i had it for my Inspire 4g and another for my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, cant wait to get mine for this phone, they are thing light and stay on, they arent going to protect from drops like the commuter but they will keep it from getting scratched to hell on the back.

Will not protect the lens cover at all. If you are worried about "scratching like hell" you might want something more substantial.

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
really cause the other two i have had were fine even the Inspire which had the lens that flared out like the HOX kinda sucks now ill look into another case maybe the incipio feather? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZT4UWI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 or this as from the pictures it looks like it helps with the lens.

I ordered both the feather and the ngp from Incipio. Sent the feather back to because the protection was too minimal. Love the ngp so far. Not too bulky not too flimsy. The provided screen protector sucks big time tho. Incipio has versions for both hox models make sure you get the right one. Order from Incipio direct, indirect same price

ealvinito

Apr 21, 2012
Chicago, IL
Ok so ive had the blue/black Otterbox commuter now for a few weeks and I did like it at first but now im just sick of it, makes the phone a little to thick for how often i use it and just has gotten on my nerves, anyone able to recommend something with about the same protection maybe a little bit more thin?

also, ill probably ship this one off to someone when i get a replacment
http://www.incipio.com/HTC-One-X-Wo...ualPro-Hard-Shell-Case-with-Silicone-Core.asp

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

n8hian

Nov 23, 2010
Sydney
Have you noticed the the silicone on the silicryilc to be loose at all? The top and and bottom worry me because they lack the plastic coverage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I am more worried about the side of the case being so flexible. Compared to my old HTC Sensation's otterbox case which was more rigid.

Apart from that, i like the case.

dave-

Feb 12, 2010
Melbourne
I dropped mine and cracked the screen, it was seriously the smallest drop ever for a phone and still broke. Most fragile phone I've ever had given how many other of my HTC's have been used like a football.

So once its fixed/replaced, I wont be taking a 2nd chance despite hating cases.

Thought about the Incipio feather Ultralight but based on the comments, sounds like it won't offer any decent protection. Might order the NGP Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case instead. But from the photos, does the case sit over the buttons or are there cut outs?

What are the other options as far as minimal size but decent protection? I'll take my chances breaking it again before using some bulky ugly case!

txstate.mike

May 17, 2012
Austin, TX
HTC - NGP

Pretty sure there is only a single NGP that fits the international and AT&T version. The case covers the buttons but all are functional. I purchased the Nillkin Scub first which is very sleek but didn't offer a substantial lip around the screen. The NGP offers good protection without being bulky. Because it's designed for the international version the cutouts don't line up perfectly (microphone and speaker) but all the buttons and ports work fine. Had to make a small cut to get one of my power cords to fit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seidio active is my suggestion. It feels different then most otterboxs. Not much of a case expert but this one feels great and I think the exoskeleton idea is good especially for our white phones.

Also has a sturdy little kickstand :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X