[CM10.1] Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

Search This thread

CenterTurkHD

Sep 26, 2012
Feasterville
plus.google.com
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.

Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

2. Download Gapps from HERE. Place all three .zip folders on your SD Card.

3. Reboot in to CWM Recovery.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

6. Navigate to “format /System”, press the Power button to select.

7. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

9. Navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, press the Power button to select.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)
-If you ever go back to Gingerbread, you will need the GB Baseband. HERE.

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

13. Navigate to “Reboot system now”, press the Power button to select.
**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.

2013-06-27
13+-+3

Changelog R1:
???
Report any bugs you see in the comments

This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.

Thanks to Cameron581 and No|Name for kernel and Dazzozo for baserom.
Thanks to Zerosedev for the helpful guide, and hit 'Thanks' if this helped! :)

Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.

Last edited:

threader

May 31, 2010
GitHub.com
Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz

CenterTurkHD

Sep 26, 2012
Feasterville
plus.google.com
Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz

The highest I overclocked to is 1017. The ROM can't oc over 1032

Sent from my U8665 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Simba.7

Sep 15, 2008
Billings, Montana
Is there a way we can get a recent version (CM10.1) built? Also, how do we get the 2GB internal partition recognized?

I picked up a pair of these and switched them both to CM10.1. Unfortunately, there is only ~350MB of space for the /system partition (I'm working on this). I will need the partition map so I can actually shuffle some space around. I'm looking at taking (maybe) a 200MB chunk out of /data and sticking it in /system. Either that, or making a normal CM10.1 build and a barebones gapps build.

Also, I noticed this has a built-in FM radio according to several sites. Any ideas?

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.

Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.

2013-06-27
13+-+3

Changelog R1:
???

This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.

Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.

Is this working on Huawei IDEOS S7 Slim?

Reactions: johnshuaweiu8665

rowloo

Jan 12, 2014
does anyone happen to know if there are any CM updates for this phone? also, is there an overclocking kernal because i cannot put it up more than the current clock speed in the performance section
thank you

chinitopex

Jul 24, 2010
Guatemala
Hi guys I have troubbles to download the files
please can upload againg in other server zip, i can`t download i need the rom for my phone huawei u8665

rondo007

Sep 12, 2016
No mod for phone

I have a Fusion 2 Huawei U8665 phone I would like to put Cyanogenmod on. I would love the most current vision that would work for the phone. All of the links I've followed to get the mod, leads to a page saying "The file you're trying to download is no longer available". Can anyone help me find what I need to do this. I've already rooted the phone, and backed up the 3g fix files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nostii

Yeah the links don't work anymore. I hope someone has an archive out there since my device is stuck on CM7.2/Android 2.3.7 as Slimbean just shows the AT&T logo and doesn't boot unless I flash CM7.2 again. My U8665 doesn't even work with any of my SIM cards anyways, and besides, Phone by Google on my Galaxy A03s is still a decent UI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Installation:

2013-06-27
    13+-+3

Changelog R1:
    ???

Installation:

2013-06-27
    13+-+3

Changelog R1:
    ???

Is this working on Huawei IDEOS S7 Slim?