I feel like a noob, but

Search This thread

dj923

Oct 14, 2012
Okay, so I've rooted a lot of other phones before and ran roms. But I'm confused as to where to start with the Moto x. I have the AT&T variant, on 4.4. I'm personally really interested in running eclipse. But, I'm not even sure where to start, I'm not rooted, just running the stock ota. Any help would be awesome!

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
So if you did some searching your questions would be answered. Prior ask this question everyday You need to use SlapMyMoto to root your phone

You need to download rsd lite and the at&t 4.2.2 camera update and flash your phone back to 4.2.2 then follow the guide

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dj923

Oct 14, 2012
So if you did some searching your questions would be answered. Prior ask this question everyday You need to use SlapMyMoto to root your phone

You need to download rsd lite and the at&t 4.2.2 camera update and flash your phone back to 4.2.2 then follow the guide

but how do i get safestrap? is it just included in the rooting process? or is it a separate thing I have to flash?

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
but how do i get safestrap? is it just included in the rooting process? or is it a separate thing I have to flash?
ok i am not trying to be mean what so ever but i cant stand helping someone who cant help them self's every question you have asked can be answered by looking and read the threads. i just feel like you have not even looked around for anything. so i am going to post some links and you need to read them before you ask any other questions

almost every question you have asked is answered in one thread so please read this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558785

and here is your safestrap thread

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/104161-recovery-locked-safestrap-recovery-v365-2013-11-13/

Reactions: nhizzat

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
ok i am not trying to be mean what so ever but i cant stand helping someone who cant help them self's every question you have asked can be answered by looking and read the threads. i just feel like you have not even looked around for anything. so i am going to post some links and you need to read them before you ask any other questions

almost every question you have asked is answered in one thread so please read this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558785

and here is your safestrap thread

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/104161-recovery-locked-safestrap-recovery-v365-2013-11-13/

I agree...however from experience.. It can be overwhelming.. First and for most OP u need to get back to 4.2.2 use RSD to flash back to 4.2.2 then follow slapmymoto to get root (after being done u can go back to 4.4 currently its what I'm on) as far as safestrap.. Its just a download.. I went directly to there site..hash of coe.. just remember BEFORE U FLASH ECLIPSE...MAKE AN NANDROID BACKUP!!! ( in case of an "oh s*it" moment) if u have questions msg me I'll help with what I can..mom running the "amazing" Verizon...

Slapped my Moto

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
I agree...however from experience.. It can be overwhelming..

If he was completely new to Android and rooting, I'd understand how it can be overwhelming. However, the op has a lot of experience.

I always search first then ask questions if I don't understand. I don't understand why people make rooting this phone more difficult and complicated than it really is... ESPECIALLY the dev edition...

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
If he was completely new to Android and rooting, I'd understand how it can be overwhelming. However, the op has a lot of experience.

I always search first then ask questions if I don't understand. I don't understand why people make rooting this phone more difficult and complicated than it really is... ESPECIALLY the dev edition...

I have a lot of XP too...still confused me.. I've owned and rooted the droid x the droid x2 the droid 2 the droid 3 bionic and RAZR.. Even converted the RAZR into the maxx... Don't judge a book by its cover.
I'm not saying he shouldn't have done his research.. Its ur phone..u should at least take 5 min to look...ull spend Kore time waiting on an answer...lol he also NVR mentioned if it was Dev edition..or non..
Slapped my Moto

Last edited:
D

Darth

I have a lot of XP too...still confused me.. I've owned and rooted the droid x the droid x2 the droid 2 the droid 3 bionic and RAZR.. Even converted the RAZR into the maxx... Don't judge a book by its cover.
I'm not saying he shouldn't have done his research.. Its ur phone..u should at least take 5 min to look...ull spend Kore time waiting on an answer...lol he also NVR mentioned if it was Dev edition..or non..
Slapped my Moto

Totally agree with that. Guys make posts or start threads asking something that even a quick Google search will give them an answer to in 30 seconds.....But they ask instead and wait hours sometimes for an answer. I occasionally comment to them on this....But usually I just ignore the question. Again, one reason why they wait hours for an answer.

I firmly believe if someone is going to mess around with their expensive phone, they should read read read....and search for answers and eventually learn how all this stuff works. Not just blindly follow what people tell them to do. Not all advice is good advice either. Lol

If you don't learn about this stuff on your own guys....your risk of bricking your device will be much higher.

Lecture over. :)

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
Totally agree with that. Guys make posts or start threads asking something that even a quick Google search will give them an answer to in 30 seconds.....But they ask instead and wait hours sometimes for an answer. I occasionally comment to them on this....But usually I just ignore the question. Again, one reason why they wait hours for an answer.

I firmly believe if someone is going to mess around with their expensive phone, they should read read read....and search for answers and eventually learn how all this stuff works. Not just blindly follow what people tell them to do. Not all advice is good advice either. Lol

If you don't learn about this stuff on your own guys....your risk of bricking your device will be much higher.

Lecture over. :)

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

Agreed.. Couldn't have said it better myself.. If ur gunna take the time to post and wait for an answer.. Look it up 9 time out of 10 ull find it faster than u post! Lol..

Slapped my Moto

DanRo80

Feb 12, 2009
Wisconsin
It is rather overwhelming when it comes to rooting the Moto X. I can entirely see where the OP is coming from. I have read what I can find on the subject. IT IS OVERWHELMING and YES, CAN VERY WELL BE CONFUSING. I have also rooted many devices. It would be very nice to have an easier root process but we have to work with what we have right now.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
It is rather overwhelming when it comes to rooting the Moto X. I can entirely see where the OP is coming from. I have read what I can find on the subject. IT IS OVERWHELMING and YES, CAN VERY WELL BE CONFUSING. I have also rooted many devices. It would be very nice to have an easier root process but we have to work with what we have right now.

i mean. i was "overwhelmed" i guess when i first got into messing around with my phone. But it was only overwhelming because i knew what i wanted to do and wanted to do it as fast as possible without understanding anything. If you just read for 5 hours instead of 30 minutes then it isn't overwhelming at all. It just takes longer than most people expect to understand everything they are doing. So they don't take the time. End up running commands and doing things they think some post told to do somewhere without any idea of what they are doing and boinking their phone up. If instead when they came across something they weren't sure what it was and then took time to read/research what it actually was, they wouldn't feel overwhelmed anymore.

Overwhelming comes from taking tiny tid bits of info and trying to make them make sense together. If you read a ton, its not overwhelming to make large tid bits of information you have accumulated make sense together. IMHO.

I didn't do it the way i just described but i also spent days on end trying to unbrick my phones. I then had to spend countless hours actually understanding what i just did so that i can manually fix them. Rsdlite and toolkits are cool and all, but they allow people with little experience to get into trouble where they need lots of experience to get out of that trouble. Also considering everyone that knows what is going on just says read read read and it isnt overwhelming anymore, they are probably spot on (wwhether they followed that process or not).

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
i mean. i was "overwhelmed" i guess when i first got into messing around with my phone. But it was only overwhelming because i knew what i wanted to do and wanted to do it as fast as possible without understanding anything. If you just read for 5 hours instead of 30 minutes then it isn't overwhelming at all. It just takes longer than most people expect to understand everything they are doing. So they don't take the time. End up running commands and doing things they think some post told to do somewhere without any idea of what they are doing and boinking their phone up. If instead when they came across something they weren't sure what it was and then took time to read/research what it actually was, they wouldn't feel overwhelmed anymore.

Overwhelming comes from taking tiny tid bits of info and trying to make them make sense together. If you read a ton, its not overwhelming to make large tid bits of information you have accumulated make sense together. IMHO.

I didn't do it the way i just described but i also spent days on end trying to unbrick my phones. I then had to spend countless hours actually understanding what i just did so that i can manually fix them. Rsdlite and toolkits are cool and all, but they allow people with little experience to get into trouble where they need lots of experience to get out of that trouble. Also considering everyone that knows what is going on just says read read read and it isnt overwhelming anymore, they are probably spot on (wwhether they followed that process or not).

Well said sir!

Slapped my Moto

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
Any guess let's get back on topic I may have made my comment but I also pointed him in the right direction to answer his question. But flaming the kid repeated is not needed. OP did you get everything taken care of

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
Any guess let's get back on topic I may have made my comment but I also pointed him in the right direction to answer his question. But flaming the kid repeated is not needed. OP did you get everything taken care of

I agree...happen to me on one of my posts... And I agree.. OP.. Fixed? Or still same issues?

Slapped my Moto

Top Liked Posts