[Q] HELP!!! Phone will not boot correctly

Search This thread

GAMECOCK1801

Sep 24, 2013
So here's the story. I'm kind of terrified right now that my phone might be a goner. So, I was wanting to apply the new update to my galaxy but everytime I tried it would say "error" and wouldn't work. So I removed my root via superSU hoping that might help, with no success. So the nice people on this forum were directing me to flash a stock rom through odin to my phone. I kept trying and trying and my phone would never get recognized by odin so nothing would happen. I tried everything that I could read online to fix it and it never did. So I just decided that I would boot to recovery and do a clean wipe of my phone after I back it up. well the backup didn't work, so I just took my SD card out since it had most of the stuff I wanted to keep. I tried the clean wipe and it was done really quickly. I started up the phone and after I selected my language it said the setup wizard was stopped. Since then, I can't get the phone to boot correctly. It gets past the verizon splash screen(after a way longer wait than normal) and says "com.samsung.(something) has stopped working" and then just reboots itself. It'l almost stuck in this endless cycle. Can anyone help me out? If not, just give me the bad news straight up, do I need to trash this phone? Did I successfully kill it on accident?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
So here's the story. I'm kind of terrified right now that my phone might be a goner. So, I was wanting to apply the new update to my galaxy but everytime I tried it would say "error" and wouldn't work. So I removed my root via superSU hoping that might help, with no success. So the nice people on this forum were directing me to flash a stock rom through odin to my phone. I kept trying and trying and my phone would never get recognized by odin so nothing would happen. I tried everything that I could read online to fix it and it never did. So I just decided that I would boot to recovery and do a clean wipe of my phone after I back it up. well the backup didn't work, so I just took my SD card out since it had most of the stuff I wanted to keep. I tried the clean wipe and it was done really quickly. I started up the phone and after I selected my language it said the setup wizard was stopped. Since then, I can't get the phone to boot correctly. It gets past the verizon splash screen(after a way longer wait than normal) and says "com.samsung.(something) has stopped working" and then just reboots itself. It'l almost stuck in this endless cycle. Can anyone help me out? If not, just give me the bad news straight up, do I need to trash this phone? Did I successfully kill it on accident?

Restoring this is going to be fairly easy once you get ODIN working.
First, make sure that Kies isn't running. Kies and ODIN will conflict with each other.

Normally issues with ODIN are fixed by ensuring that the cable is good, trying different USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

If nothing works and you can't get ODIN to work, you might be able to use the Verizon Recovery Assistant or Kies to restore your phone to factory.

Reactions: GAMECOCK1801

GAMECOCK1801

Sep 24, 2013
First, make sure that Kies isn't running. Kies and ODIN will conflict with each other.

Normally issues with ODIN are fixed by ensuring that the cable is good, trying different USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

If nothing works and you can't get ODIN to work, you might be able to use the Verizon Recovery Assistant or Kies to restore your phone to factory.

I'm going to try it on another computer. Hopefully it'll work!

GAMECOCK1801

Sep 24, 2013

This seems to have worked! Thank you so much for your suggestion, you really made my whole week now. I seriously appreciate it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.