[Q] New-ish User with a question.

Search This thread

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Okay. Hi! My first question on here.

I have recently installed CM 10.1 to my Nook Colors' eMMc. When I check >Settings>Storage it says internal memory is 4GB and my external SD is only 1GB.

I have a 4GB SD inserted.

Is this normal?

Can I boot without an SD inserted?

**UPDATE**
I can boot without an SD inserted but it still says I have 4GB+ of memory even though the SD card is not inserted.

Again, is this normal??

Thanks!!

PS This is the first time I have installed to eMMc. Every other time has been SD Card based.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Okay. Hi! My first question on here.

I have recently installed CM 10.1 to my Nook Colors' eMMc. When I check >Settings>Storage it says internal memory is 4GB and my external SD is only 1GB.

I have a 4GB SD inserted.

Is this normal?

Can I boot without an SD inserted?

**UPDATE**
I can boot without an SD inserted but it still says I have 4GB+ of memory even though the SD card is not inserted.

Again, is this normal??

Thanks!!

PS This is the first time I have installed to eMMc. Every other time has been SD Card based.
Those /settings/storage have nothing to do with your external SD. Those are telling you how much room you have for apps (4GB) and how much room for media files (1GB), all of which is on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Also I have been trying to load cm10.2 but it isn't working. The screen goes black and the backlight stays on when I do manual.

When I try going thru cmupdater it boots to recovery and tries to run it but then quickly boots back into current rom.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-M830 using XDA Free mobile app

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Also I have been trying to load cm10.2 but it isn't working. The screen goes black and the backlight stays on when I do manual.

When I try going thru cmupdater it boots to recovery and tries to run it but then quickly boots back into current rom.

Any ideas?

Could be a bad download. Try redownloading. And before manually flashing the zip, format /system and factory reset with CWM.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
No luck after manual write and fresh download. 10.2 just doesn't want to install. I keep getting the black screen with backlights on. I may try 11.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Yes after formatting and clearing cache it flashed the blue man very very quickly and went back to bootloader. Then started loading again and went back to bootloader. Finally it started loading again and I got the black screen with backlights.

Last edited:

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Here is a picture of the formatting process I am using before installing

Attachments

• 1402974899799.jpg
    1402974899799.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 14

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Here is another picture of the install process for CM 11 it obviously isn't working and I don't know what to do from this point.

Should I be placing these zip files on SDcard 0?

Attachments

• 1402975049710.jpg
    1402975049710.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 9

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Tried to install from sdcard0... still got the same error message.... idk what else to do besides continue running 10.1.... i'd like to use cm11 tho.

any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

has anyone else run into this issue??

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Here is another picture of the install process for CM 11 it obviously isn't working and I don't know what to do from this point.

Should I be placing these zip files on SDcard 0?

That does not show that you formatted /system. To do that go to mounts and storage and select 'format system'. Do no other formatting on that section. Just that and the 'factory reset/wipe data' on the first screen. And that message usually means a bad download. Did you test the md5 sum after you downloaded it?

Edit: and it seems the newest CM11 nightly needs CWM v6048 also.

Last edited:

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
That does not show that you formatted /system. To do that go to mounts and storage and select 'format system'. Do no other formatting on that section. Just that and the 'factory reset/wipe data' on the first screen. And that message usually means a bad download. Did you test the md5 sum after you downloaded it?

Negatory on the md5 sum check.

How do i go about doing that?

I have now formatted /system.

Will that affect my bootloader/recovery?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Reactions: crazynapkinman

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
THANK YOU MAN!!

Holy Boly!

It is FINALLY updating.....

I just needed the new CWM.

Thanks for sticking around and helping me with this issue!

Has taken me FOREVER to do this.

Top Liked Posts