MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28]

Search This thread

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
A tk sup hope all is well. Wanted to mention that its a miui weather app. I installed it and it works well. Except a few lines get a hair cut off but I think its due to the hero screen size nothing that effects the function of the app though. I think you should post it along side here. Just a thought.

Yea its Me Again With The
Modified Hero

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
A tk sup hope all is well. Wanted to mention that its a miui weather app. I installed it and it works well. Except a few lines get a hair cut off but I think its due to the hero screen size nothing that effects the function of the app though. I think you should post it along side here. Just a thought.

Modified Hero

I would but isn't it like 12 different apks depending on the location

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I would but isn't it like 12 different apks depending on the location

Na its like 7 or 8 I think. But the states work well. The op made apk so you just install threw a file explorer. Its the foreign locations that there still adding to. You want me to link you or do you know were it is???

Edit just checked its 6 apk.s for the states and one for abroad.

Modified Hero

Last edited:

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Na its like 7 or 8 I think. But the states work well. The op made apk so you just install threw a file explorer. Its the foreign locations that there still adding to. You want me to link you or do you know were it is???

Modified Hero

Its in the evo forum, anybody else use the new music player yet the one from the honeycomb leak its awesome and about 90% of it works on the hero

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Its in the evo forum, anybody else use the new music player yet the one from the honeycomb leak its awesome and about 90% of it works on the hero

Link please I'll try it out. By the way before I make a thread on this. I don't remember what rom I was running but It was a miui music app that displayed a graphical eq while the song was playing. Both of the ones I have don't and I really liked that feature. Would you happen to know were that miui apk would be at???

Modified Hero

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Link please I'll try it out. By the way before I make a thread on this. I don't remember what rom I was running but It was a miui music app that displayed a graphical eq while the song was playing. Both of the ones I have don't and I really liked that feature. Would you happen to know were that miui apk would be at???

Modified Hero

To be honest I think somebody posted a link to it in this thread along with the miui gallery

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

Modified Hero

Here is the new Google music apk it has a different package ID so it can install along side the region one
http://db.tt/WXPqEns

Reactions: jake044

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010

MallardDuck

Jun 19, 2009
Lansing
I was wondering if anyone knows if this is even worth trying with 2.6.35 AP4/5; AP 4/5 has working camera but it's very touchy?

MallardDuck

Jun 19, 2009
Lansing
Crazy idea here, download it, try it, and make that decision yourself. Its all opinion.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

Man, you're useful. If I thought it would have a chance of success then I'd do it, but since the kernel i was talking about already has a slightly less than stable camera as it is. If you have working knowledge the the 2.6.35 kernel then you'd know that and understand why I asked; if you don't then clearly you don't have any useful contribution to my inquiry and could have just as easily not replied to my post at all.

I asked here on a community forum because that's kinda the idea of a community forum....collaboration. I was merely asking the community if anyone else has experience with a specific kernel and this app to get their feedback before I decide to try it for myself.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Man, you're useful. If I thought it would have a chance of success then I'd do it, but since the kernel i was talking about already has a slightly less than stable camera as it is. If you have working knowledge the the 2.6.35 kernel then you'd know that and understand why I asked; if you don't then clearly you don't have any useful contribution to my inquiry and could have just as easily not replied to my post at all.

I asked here on a community forum because that's kinda the idea of a community forum....collaboration. I was merely asking the community if anyone else has experience with a specific kernel and this app to get their feedback before I decide to try it for myself.

So wait you made a reply telling him how useless his reply is when your going to flash it anyway? Anyone else confused like I am?

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
So wait you made a reply telling him how useless his reply is when your going to flash it anyway? Anyone else confused like I am?

*raises hand*

I thought that's why we have nandroids. In case we do something stupid. That way, we can try stuff out without risk, instead of waiting around 4 days for an answer. Maybe that's just me, though. Like I said, crazy idea, using all resources available to me.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knows if this is even worth trying with 2.6.35 AP4/5; AP 4/5 has working camera but it's very touchy?

Ohhh you got flamed lol. Ah man its just a way of saying welcome aboard. And fyi it kept freezing on me. It would open up but as soon as I snap a pic I get freeze city. Doesn't fc or anything it just freezes. So in short no. At least not for me.

Edit if you want try pushing the apk. It might work better. Or if you want I have a different apk I received from a xda member that I made flashable threw recovery to have it install as an apk. When I did it that way I was able to get it to work smooth. Now I'm thinking they are the same apk but not sure because I don't know were tk got the apk from. However when I flashed tk's zip it replaced the stock cam but was not functional. But when I flashed the other zip and it installed as an apk it worked fine. So i remember reading that tk posted that if you flash the zip in the op it replaces the stock vs if you extracted the apk from the zip and adb push it/ it will install as an apk. Hence forth it might work with sobes kernel if you push it.

Yea its me again. With the
Modified Hero

Last edited:

FanOfSkynyrd

Mar 15, 2011
Love this camera over the stock ROM one, but has anyone else noticed that it takes a while for it to actually snap a picture. I press the button to take the pic then have to hold my phone still for like 5-10 seconds before it actually takes a pic.

ANyone else have this, is there some setting I need to enable/disable?

Thanks in advance.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Why is it that reading comprehension seems to be as non existent here as people using search? Everyone is so quick to flame but if you actually stop and take the time to comprehend what people are typing instead of being up each other's asses you may prevent yourselves from looking like complete tools.

~dpeeps74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI Camera v17 With Working Color Effects

Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!

READ FIRST
    1) Android 2.3.3+ required
    2) Flashable zips and instructions for installing apk as a system app will replace original Camera.apk(to not replace, install apk as a user app)
    3) PM me or post any issues you come across
    4) If this works on your phone and it's not on the list already, let me know so I can add it

Attached Files
    1) apk - manually install as a user or system app
    user app: download to sdcard, navigate to apk using a file manager, select, and install
    system app using adb: download to comp, "adb remount", "adb push APK_FILE /system/app/Camera.apk", "adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Camera.apk", reboot
    system app using root explorer: download to sdcard, long-press apk on /sdcard, rename to Camera.apk, long-press again to move Camera.apk, paste into /system/app, long-press apk to change permissions to rw-r--r--, long-press once more to change owner to 0-root/0-root, reboot​
    2) amend zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
    incompatible recoveries: ClockworkMod v3.0+​
    3) edify zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
    compatible devices: Eris, Hero, Desire, Incredible, NexusOne, Evo, Legend, Aria, Wildfire, myTouch 3G Slide, Droid/Milestone, & some others​

Works on:
    HTC: Hero, Eris, Nexus One, Incredible, Evo 4G, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, ThunderBolt, Incredible 2
    Motorola: Droid X, Droid 2
    Samsung: Galaxy S
    LG: Optimus One

Fixed:
    1) color effects options
    2) background for settings screens
    3) gap between options pop-up and main control bar

Known Issues:
    1) unable to switch to a FFC
    2) widescreen resolutions on the Droid X
    3) flash not working on desire hd, thunderbolt, others?
    3) layout alignment of pics/text on color effect option buttons(MDPI only?)
    4) possible hard resets related to auto-flash or color-effects...certain device(s)?
    5) touch focus with screen shutter option enabled will only focus at the center
    6) scene mode and whitebalance options not available/implemented
    7) silence setting doesn't disable "focus successful" tone

Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!
    i found this in the hd2 section i used it on my EVO and it worked, then i tried it on my hero it takes widescreen shots like the sense camera and you can turn off the shutter sounds here are some pictures they were done real quick so sorry for the boring subject matter

none of this is my work just simply rebroadcasting it
    a thank you to burnmatoaka for posting the new version

IMG_20110307_171605.jpg
    IMG_20110307_171653.jpg
    Test APK

This is a test...not intended for general use!

I've attached a test apk that is a completely reworked mod of MIUI Camera v17 which has been pulled from the 1.7.15 release of MIUI so it has some improvements/changes over the Fixed2 version I posted before. Try it out if you are want and it would be great if you could provide some feedback. This test is mainly to see if people can switch to their FFC and see what all needs fixed. There are certain things that may not work so don't expect this test version to be a perfect.

Features(you might have more/other options on your phone):
    • slightly updated interface and appearance
    • color effects - none, mono, sepia, negative, solarize
    • "other settings" in camera preferences
      • white balance - auto, daylight, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent
      • focus mode - auto, infinity
      • flicker reduction - auto, 50 Hz, 60 Hz, off
      • ISO - auto, deblur, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800

Issues I've noticed in testing on my Eris:
    • trying to change to video mode causes a force close(only on the Eris?)
    • picture size settings screen is blank(only on the Eris?)
    • no scene mode options...night, sports, snow, etc
    • color effect option examples uncentered(MDPI issue I think)
    • gap between main control bar and options pop-up (another MDPI issue)

Please report back on what doesn't work for you and whether anything that didn't work previously now does. I'm most interested in FFC, flash, focus, pic quality settings, and the options in the "other settings" section of the camera settings screen. Also if the video camera mode works for you phone, that might be helpful to know.

Droid X users: if camera preview is blank, try going to settings and changing the resolution to one that is NOT widescreen
    Thunderbolt users: if FFC preview is blank, try going to settings and changing the resolution to 1280x1024

If you are just looking for a more stable version, follow the link in my signature.
    Here's a signed apk of version17 of the MIUI camera. I don't know if it is the latest, but it is newer than the others in this thread. Much nicer, too. Should install like any other apk...

http://db.tt/1vMbZHJ

[I for one welcome our new Android overlords ::: DInc::SLDC::x.2.15.00.04.08::CWM3.0.0.8::CM7latest::Chad's latest]
    edited zip file for anyone who wants

I edited the zip file for new recovery for those who dont know how to with the converter tool.