[Petition] : Get the Sony's sources.

Would you sign the petition? Is this a good move?

• Yes.

Votes: 53 96.4%
  • No.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • It will not change anything.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
I've read in some threads than developpers can't really build her rom's and kernels in healthy bases because we didn't have the official sources of our devices.

But we have seen than Sony has help Xperia S project and our community is big, then we can try to get more complicity from Sony to our XDA Developpers.

I'm from Belgium, so I also wrote a petition to the French speaking users.

We need to do great things about our devices, we need some help from Sony's, android is a open-source project at the start, and i don't understand why her politics didn't change with her poor quality developpement about our smartphones.

If you agree with this petition, speak about on this thread, we will then arrange with Sony.

It's a good place to start our request and i think we can do great things if we persevere.

*** [You can now sign the petition online by following this link : iPetitions - Get the Sony's Sources.] ***

* This one is the English petition. *​

Attention: Sony Mobile Development.

Concerns: Xperia Smartphones.

Application: Through this petition, the community of developers using your Android smartphone wish more support from you regarding the sources that you disclose. You recently provided your help to open a project benefiting the smartphone Xperia S, however, a large proportion of developers use for development, your midrange smartphones, namely the Xperia U, P, Sola, Go We would much greater openness on your part to share our efforts and provide consumers a wider range renewed.

Regards,

The Android Developpement Community.

** This one is the French petition. **​

A l'attention de : Sony Mobile Developpement.

De la part de : Communauté de Développeurs Android.

Concerne : Smartphones Xperia.

Demande : Par le biais de cette pétition, la communauté de développeurs Android utilisant vos smartphones désireraient un soutien accru de votre part en ce qui concerne les sources que vous dévoilez. Vous avez récemment apporté votre aide à un projet ouvert profitant au smartphone Xperia S, cependant, une grande partie des développeurs utilisent à des fins de développement, vos smartphones de gamme moyenne, à savoir le Xperia U, P, Sola, Go. Nous aimerions grandement une plus grande ouverture de votre part afin de partager nos efforts et d'apporter au consommateur une plus large gamme renouvellée.

Cordialement,

La Communauté de Développement Android.

Last edited:

mirost1

Nov 10, 2009
Blagoevgrad
I agree with you mate, when Sony began helping developers they might share sources.

It will be good if they share sources so we have different roms to choose from.

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
Yeah right, i think if we do nothing, we get nothing. I'm actually looking for the possibility of this Petition. If every developper of these devices is ready to write her name, we will probably get a return of Sony, but we need a big mobilisation, if we are 20 guys, it's gonna be to the trash. So, complete the poll and say your opinion in this thread to get a idea of motivated guys !

Edit : You do not seem motivated ! We are fighting for our freedom ! ;p

Last edited:

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
We need our help !

Thank you guy. We need your help, there should be a show of solidarity on the part of everyone on this forum for our rights, it will permit us to be able to invest in projects more concrete and sustained, and why not extend the movement beyond Sony Smartphones, and thus make our Android devices more open and customizable.

Last edited:

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
It will take you one minute, sign the petition !

We already have some signatures but this is not enough, talk to your friends, companions, brothers and sisters, we need more freedom ! A big thank to those who already have taken the first step ! :good:

Last edited:

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
The Sony would share everything ... the problem is most codes produced by ST-Ericsson and they're not open source! that's the catch!

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
The Sony would share everything ... the problem is most codes produced by ST-Ericsson and they're not open source! that's the catch!

It is an asset for Sony marketting to be more open in terms of its development, on the one hand, it will be supported by a large majority of consumers for its opening (gain popularity), and secondly, support and renewal its products will be constant and diverse. You have not tired of having to wait 3 months to get an update provided many flaws? Are you a lot to use stock rom on your smartphone? I do not think, simply because our developers do an amazing job! But we could go further and make their work more accessible. It's give and take, everyone wins !

Signed the petition and shared it in fxp thread ;)

I am delighted, thank you so much for your support! :D

HitMile

Sep 16, 2012
Brussels
Sony not allowed to share the sources what we need. We need the sources from st-ericsson.
http://www.stericsson.com/
http://www.igloocommunity.org/

Could you tell me a little more about ST Ericcson ? Did not they link with Sony ? ST Ericcson developers do not work cooperatively with Sony ? Or do they develop spartan hardware level ?

Basically, if we can not act as towards ST Ericcson, we will also, until we have no more constraints. But I'm still quite surprised that Sony can not do anything about it.

jsel

Jan 8, 2010
Tampere
Could you tell me a little more about ST Ericcson ? Did not they link with Sony ? ST Ericcson developers do not work cooperatively with Sony ? Or do they develop spartan hardware level ?
ST Ericsson is a chip manufacturer, that is owned by Ericsson and ST Microelectronics. You can find more about it from Wikipedia.

Sony is ST Ericsson's client, and buys microchips, like Novathor, from them. In their agreement Sony is not allowed to distribute ST Ericssons source codes, only binaries.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
+ 1

I got Jelly Bean AOSP for Xperia Go and I sent mail to Sony support for developers, but 7 days can not get reaply from his team about support for developers on Jelly Bean or any other, so +1 from me! We need open sources for Xperia platform to finish Jelly Bean or any other "free and open public" android rom! Sony sayd about giving "support for open development" so we waiting...:rolleyes: We need source code instead of prebuilts because prebuilts on ICS was not good for audio things on CM9 (FXP) so we need these things from source or new prebuilts compatible with CM9! Better is giving us source code for: libsensors, libhardware, ste_omxcomponents, at_core... What about support for Jelly Bean? We can not complete Jelly Bean without source code!

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnydnb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've read in some threads than developpers can't really build her rom's and kernels in healthy bases because we didn't have the official sources of our devices.

But we have seen than Sony has help Xperia S project and our community is big, then we can try to get more complicity from Sony to our XDA Developpers.

I'm from Belgium, so I also wrote a petition to the French speaking users.

We need to do great things about our devices, we need some help from Sony's, android is a open-source project at the start, and i don't understand why her politics didn't change with her poor quality developpement about our smartphones.

If you agree with this petition, speak about on this thread, we will then arrange with Sony.

It's a good place to start our request and i think we can do great things if we persevere.

*** [You can now sign the petition online by following this link : iPetitions - Get the Sony's Sources.] ***

* This one is the English petition. *​

Attention: Sony Mobile Development.

Concerns: Xperia Smartphones.

Application: Through this petition, the community of developers using your Android smartphone wish more support from you regarding the sources that you disclose. You recently provided your help to open a project benefiting the smartphone Xperia S, however, a large proportion of developers use for development, your midrange smartphones, namely the Xperia U, P, Sola, Go We would much greater openness on your part to share our efforts and provide consumers a wider range renewed.

Regards,

The Android Developpement Community.

** This one is the French petition. **​

A l'attention de : Sony Mobile Developpement.

De la part de : Communauté de Développeurs Android.

Concerne : Smartphones Xperia.

Demande : Par le biais de cette pétition, la communauté de développeurs Android utilisant vos smartphones désireraient un soutien accru de votre part en ce qui concerne les sources que vous dévoilez. Vous avez récemment apporté votre aide à un projet ouvert profitant au smartphone Xperia S, cependant, une grande partie des développeurs utilisent à des fins de développement, vos smartphones de gamme moyenne, à savoir le Xperia U, P, Sola, Go. Nous aimerions grandement une plus grande ouverture de votre part afin de partager nos efforts et d'apporter au consommateur une plus large gamme renouvellée.

Cordialement,

La Communauté de Développement Android.
    Signed the petition and shared it in fxp thread ;)
    + 1

I got Jelly Bean AOSP for Xperia Go and I sent mail to Sony support for developers, but 7 days can not get reaply from his team about support for developers on Jelly Bean or any other, so +1 from me! We need open sources for Xperia platform to finish Jelly Bean or any other "free and open public" android rom! Sony sayd about giving "support for open development" so we waiting...:rolleyes: We need source code instead of prebuilts because prebuilts on ICS was not good for audio things on CM9 (FXP) so we need these things from source or new prebuilts compatible with CM9! Better is giving us source code for: libsensors, libhardware, ste_omxcomponents, at_core... What about support for Jelly Bean? We can not complete Jelly Bean without source code!