Network Unlock your ATT SGS3 for free (howto)

Search This thread

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
As I mentioned before it worked for my ATT SGS3, and a few buddies with their T-Mobile sgs3's. But it would not work at all for the Verizon SGS3. It would not even open up the dialer code without an error. I wonder what they locked down or is there different digits to dial for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

outlogic

May 2, 2008
Great free unlock for SAMSUNG SGH-I747

Didn't work for me at first. Downloaded Samsung Kies, updated my stock ROM to 4.1.1 and tried again. Worked like a charm this time on my now unlocked SAMSUNG SGH-I747.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Also worked on my I777 SGS2, besides my other phones I listed earlier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

troycarpenter

I was able to unlock my wife's T-Mobile S3 on a stock ROM, as well as my AT&T S3 running i747z VLDLK4 (yes, it's based on a stock ROM, but it's not the stock ROM for my phone).

After procedure I was able to use her T-Mobile card in my phone and vice-versa.

Last edited:

JustSayTech

Jul 13, 2010
Brooklyn
i have the i747 and tried this method only to end up with a message saying "sim not provisioned mm2" when i turn the phone on
it wont even connect to att anymore
i followed the instructions precisely but first updating to 4.1.1 through kies
the phone will not register on any networks regardless of how many searches or how many times i keep tapping the apn

i used a tmobile sim as thats my main service, if i take the sim out an put it in another phone i make calls fine
the s3 was working on att just before doing this method
any thoughts?

blacksunshine93

Feb 5, 2013
when i go back from "perso SHA256 off" and click "NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ" it just shows "perso SHA256 off screen again. is this normal?????

imran025

Sep 27, 2010
Just curious to know if anyone else has the answer. Once unlocked is it preserved if I switch the ROM from the stock to a custom ROM?

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Just curious to know if anyone else has the answer. Once unlocked is it preserved if I switch the ROM from the stock to a custom ROM?

once it's unlock it is unlock
btw, this method works best with 4.0.4 ICS, i just did on one of my uncle's AT&T S3 and turned out great
timing is really important though

DXP2

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
Seems like its worth a shot.
If only I had a non AT&T sim laying around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just saw this on Reddit and tried it on my ATT SGS3. I used an old StarHub SIM I had laying around and it didn't ask for the unlock code, so I'm pretty sure it worked.

The instructions are for the GSM Note 2, but the author says it works for the GSM SGS3, too.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

I think you have to be on a stock ROM to get it to work. I was running UCALH9, bone stock. Don't forget to thank the OP on the other thread!
    FWIW, after following the steps if you do it again when you get to this point
    " [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds,"
    You will get a screen saying no change. This would mean that it worked the first time and your phone is already unlocked. I've done 5 S3's and checked with different SIM cards and it worked every time, 3 of those I went back and tried the steps a second time and all three gave me the no change message. Sort if a confirmation that it worked if you don't have another SIM to try.
    3 Bell S3s, 2 Telus S3s and tried on my S3 but got the no change right away as it was already unlocked when I bought it.
    FYI:

Now you can get an unlock code from AT&T for free even if you're not a customer. As long as your phone meets the unlock eligibility requirements, they'll send you a code to unlock.

Proof? I am not an AT&T customer, and have an unused i747 that I wanted to unlock. I filled out their request form on Friday, and just received my code 30 minutes ago! And voila, my i747 is now unlocked.

Info: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...u-sim-unlock-your-phone-heres-the-fine-print/

Here's the AT&T page:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Enjoy!
    This method for unlocking your phone works perfectly after Jelly Bean update on Rogers sgs3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M
    just tried it everything seems the same any way to tell without putting in another sim?

I don't know. Since the SIM I had laying around was not a mini-SIM I had to chop it up, too. O_O

In theory you don't ever see the unlock prompt unless you insert a non-network SIM anyway, so I don't think there's any way to check without one.