Unable to flash twrp recovery on official 4.4.2 and recovery seems to be broken

Search This thread

Abdo Taha

Jun 2, 2014
Hey guys , it seems that my mobile recovery became not alright , I tried to flash twrp recovery to install dn3 v5+ with 4.4 bootloader , so I updated my note 2 to 4.4 via OTA and after I update it I downloaded twrp 2.7.0.2 and flashed it through odin it gave me pass! , that's seem good until this moment I tried to enter the recovery and I was surprised that the recovery wasn't installed and it gaved me no command and tried to reboot gives me error and then it reboots , I tried to reinstall the recovery and it gives me RESET instead of PASS on odin and nothing happens and also in downloading mode it gives me knox void : 1 , so can I do to fix my recovery firstly and then flash the dn3 rom ?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hey guys , it seems that my mobile recovery became not alright , I tried to flash twrp recovery to install dn3 v5+ with 4.4 bootloader , so I updated my note 2 to 4.4 via OTA and after I update it I downloaded twrp 2.7.0.2 and flashed it through odin it gave me pass! , that's seem good until this moment I tried to enter the recovery and I was surprised that the recovery wasn't installed and it gaved me no command and tried to reboot gives me error and then it reboots , I tried to reinstall the recovery and it gives me RESET instead of PASS on odin and nothing happens and also in downloading mode it gives me knox void : 1 , so can I do to fix my recovery firstly and then flash the dn3 rom ?
First of all you should have used philz recovery version 6.25. or 6.41 if you are flashing the recovery for first time on stock ROM.(TWRP is known to give issues when flashing it over stock recovery).Download the latest philz from this LINK.before doing all this place superSu v1.99 in your external sd card of your phone you'll need it later.Put your phone into download mode.Open odin,connect your phone to odin.wait for the port id to lit up, uncheck AUTOReboot in odin.Next tick mark the AP/PDA option in odin and browse to select the downloaded philz file from above link.Then click start and let odin do it's thing.Once it says "pass" unplug the phone from laptop/pc pull the battery out the phone so it can turn off .wait few seconds put the battery back in then enter recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the volume up+home+power button and let go of all 3 buttons as soon as you see samsung note 2 logo ,wait around 10 seconds or so for philz to load.Then go to install zip select sd card 1 philz will freeze for a moment and then show main menu again, do the same go back to install zip , click on storage sdcard 1(external sd card) find the superSu v1.99 that you downloaded earlier and click on it and press yes on next screen and let it flash.Now use the back button and go back to main menu,go to power then click on reboot system.Now your phone is rooted and superSu will ask to disable Knox press ok/yes and you are done.

SuperSu V1.99

Reactions: Abdo Taha

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
Anyone still have that old Philz recovery?? I'm trying to upgrade my mother in-law's Note 2 to CM13... ugh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all you should have used philz recovery version 6.25. or 6.41 if you are flashing the recovery for first time on stock ROM.(TWRP is known to give issues when flashing it over stock recovery).Download the latest philz from this LINK.before doing all this place superSu v1.99 in your external sd card of your phone you'll need it later.Put your phone into download mode.Open odin,connect your phone to odin.wait for the port id to lit up, uncheck AUTOReboot in odin.Next tick mark the AP/PDA option in odin and browse to select the downloaded philz file from above link.Then click start and let odin do it's thing.Once it says "pass" unplug the phone from laptop/pc pull the battery out the phone so it can turn off .wait few seconds put the battery back in then enter recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the volume up+home+power button and let go of all 3 buttons as soon as you see samsung note 2 logo ,wait around 10 seconds or so for philz to load.Then go to install zip select sd card 1 philz will freeze for a moment and then show main menu again, do the same go back to install zip , click on storage sdcard 1(external sd card) find the superSu v1.99 that you downloaded earlier and click on it and press yes on next screen and let it flash.Now use the back button and go back to main menu,go to power then click on reboot system.Now your phone is rooted and superSu will ask to disable Knox press ok/yes and you are done.

SuperSu V1.99