Thinnest TPU Case

Search This thread

juaninamillion

Aug 19, 2009
Hey guys

I currently have a Diztronic case on my GSM GNex. Wondering if other is a thinner option. I get bummed every time take the case off and run naked for bit. Its so nice and natural feeling. I know the case I have isn't bulky but if anyone knows of a thinner one let me know. Preferably in the front where the case bulges and gets in the way of your thumbs.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
Hey guys

I currently have a Diztronic case on my GSM GNex. Wondering if other is a thinner option. I get bummed every time take the case off and run naked for bit. Its so nice and natural feeling. I know the case I have isn't bulky but if anyone knows of a thinner one let me know. Preferably in the front where the case bulges and gets in the way of your thumbs.

Thanks!

Take a look at SGP Ultra Hybrid. It's the thinnest TPU case that I've used. Though the back is hard plastic.

Edit: sorry I forgot to mention that if you are using the CDMA GNex, the case won't fit.

Last edited:

waiaung1

Sep 4, 2010
I had the Diztronic one too and switched to the Neo Hybrid. Both are great cases but I def do prefer the Neo Hybrid. Very sleek, fits my GSM version with the extended battery like a glove, and feels very well-made. It should offer decent protection as well but not as much as the Diztronic. It's not a TPU case though just to let you know. It consists of a silicone that has been coated to make it feel smooth and lint resistant. The plastic frame part then latches on to the back and makes the case rigid. The Ultra Hybrid is indeed a TPU case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

juaninamillion

Aug 19, 2009
It sounds like I need the ultra hybrid. I have a GSM and just want the least intrusive tpu case I can find

TheKaz

Sep 22, 2010
Ya but there are 2, the thicker one that comes in 2 pieces(Neo Hybrid) works on CDMA Gnex but the thinner one in 1 piece (Ultra Hybrid) won't.

Forgot to mention it just now.

The sgp site says it is compatible with the CDMA but may not fit perfectly. Are you saying it will not fit at all..?

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
The sgp site says it is compatible with the CDMA but may not fit perfectly. Are you saying it will not fit at all..?

The case is a pretty tight fit on GSM. And by having a hard plastic back attached to the rest of the case, the only room for a thicker phone/battery is the TPU material around the phone. I won't say it will not fit at all, like you can't put it on or it will fall off, but you will get gaps around the phone even with the original battery and you can tell it doesn't fit well.

For a $22 case, it's not acceptable on CDMA IMO unless you absolutely love it and have to have it on your phone.

PS. I gave my CDMA phone to my mom and got a GSM one; will take some photos with Ultra Hybrid when I visit her over the weekend.

Last edited:

juaninamillion

Aug 19, 2009
The case is a pretty tight fit on GSM. And by having a hard plastic back attached to the rest of the case, the only room for a thicker phone/battery is the TPU material around the phone. I won't say it will not fit at all, like you can't put it on or it will fall off, but you will get gaps around the phone even with the original battery and you can tell it doesn't fit well.

For a $22 case, it's not acceptable on CDMA IMO unless you absolutely love it and have to have it on your phone.

PS. I gave my CDMA phone to my mom and got a GSM one; will take some photos with Ultra Hybrid when I visit her over the weekend.

Sweet I'd like to see those!

Naqzar

Feb 29, 2012

Did you ever get pictures of the ultra hybrid on the cdma? I'd love to see how it fits. I am a fan of the hybrid cases with the hard back tpu sides and this is the only one I have seen that I actually like but I am worried about the fit.