Initial Issues with Evo LTE

Search This thread

bballer71418

Jul 27, 2010
Houston
I also have this issue. It seems to happen sometimes the moment I go to use data (like opening up xda in Tapatalk). I thought it might've been from the network mode being CDMA/LTE as I've had it switch back from CDMA only before but it did it last night without it being changed back. Do you have your network mode set to CDMA only?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I just recently switched to cdma only. It was happening with cdma/LTE but can not confirm if it is still a problem with cdma only seeing as it is very intermittent

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

chasoo

Aug 10, 2010
Winter Springs, FL
I received the phone yesterday night and have been using it heavily since then. My intention is not to be a hater, but rather to see if anyone is having these issues. I'm coming from a Sprint GS2 and have not had any of the issues below...dare I say it was smoother in everyday operation?

1. When on lockscreen and accessing settings - lag/slow/studder
2. After initial phone unlock, scroll left/right and lag/studder
3. After initial phone unlock, opening app drawer takes about .5-1 sec to open. After that, it is instant.
4. After killing all apps and going back to the homescreen, scrolling produces an initial studder.
5. When scrolling through homescreens, the screen recognizes a 'long-press' and highlights whatever widget/app was selected and either moves it, or highlights it to resize. This only happens when scrolling through all screens quickly and constantly. I do this to see how quick I can scroll.

I think these are all because of Sense. I remember it being heavy when I had my Inspire, but don't recall having issues like these.

So I figure I'd let everyone know that I'm getting a replacement. Hopefully it was just a bad batch. I noticed I also have a piece of glass inside my front camera that can't be removed so that was the last straw for me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Faxman

Oct 3, 2007
Florida
www.Line1.com
Love the phone and enjoying playing with it.

The only I've experienced is that my Bluetooth headset randomly disconnects.

So far, it seems to happen primarily or possibly exclusively when WiFi is also turned on.

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts through the headset and it happens occasionally there, but seems to happen every time I am on a phone call at about 30 seconds.

Most times that it has happened, I've been stationary in my office with a strong WiFi connection, nothing between the headset and the phone and a good radio signal.

I just turned to CDMA only (will probably be a loooonnnggg time before we get LTE) to see if that will have any impact.

I remember a similar issue with WiFi causing Bluetooth issues on a previous phone. It was ultimately fixed with a software update.

I'm not in the habit of turning WiFi on and off (usually leave it on for better battery and performance at work and home), but may need to just leave it off unless I'm doing something data intensive.

I know there are others, but didn't Sprint announce an app that would turn WiFi on/off depending upon your location?

rpwhite3

Jul 27, 2010
Sugar Land
I got that a few hours ago and could not figure out if it was for a specific program or the OS itself. Shouldn't be the OS since it's getting time/date from the network. Weird.

I was getting the same thing the last couple days and since there is no setting for daylight saving setting the time was off until it fixed it self... Hasn't happened today that I noticed... odd..

Other than that love it, the 'free' case I am not sure about but it was free...

:)

buzzwyzr

Jul 26, 2010
Woodland
U.S. Customs installed derp chips on all the EVO 4G LTEs at Apple's request.

Steve Jobs is RICLHAO right now.

:D

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Drewh1991

Jun 19, 2010
+1. No problems here so far. I'm just loving the battery life too. I'm getting about 20 hours total with about 5 hours of screen on time. I never had seen that with my photon. :)

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA

How are you getting battery life like that? I'm getting like 12 with like 2.5 screen on time.

blues2009

May 23, 2011
New Jersey
Hey guys I wanted to know if you were having problems with hdr mode in camera settings? I am getting a weird ghosting effect. Any help would be appreciated.

ChipD1

Jan 15, 2008
Phone got Extremely HOT while using Navigate.

Used Navigate yesterday. After about an hour, the phone was so hot, I almost couldn't touch it. It also was draining the battery, even while connected to the car charger.

Also can't get it to Send hotmail emails.

Does anyone know it there's a long key press for the Search key?

spantalones

Aug 31, 2010
Messaging app keeps resizing the font from Medium to something larger. The most perplexing part is that the app still says the font size is set to Medium but it's obviously bigger.

Last night I stopped the app and when I reopened it the font was back to normal. Today that hasn't worked and neither has a reboot.

GoldenGlove

Jan 31, 2008
Love the phone and enjoying playing with it.

The only I've experienced is that my Bluetooth headset randomly disconnects.

So far, it seems to happen primarily or possibly exclusively when WiFi is also turned on.

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts through the headset and it happens occasionally there, but seems to happen every time I am on a phone call at about 30 seconds.

Most times that it has happened, I've been stationary in my office with a strong WiFi connection, nothing between the headset and the phone and a good radio signal.

I just turned to CDMA only (will probably be a loooonnnggg time before we get LTE) to see if that will have any impact.

I remember a similar issue with WiFi causing Bluetooth issues on a previous phone. It was ultimately fixed with a software update.

I'm not in the habit of turning WiFi on and off (usually leave it on for better battery and performance at work and home), but may need to just leave it off unless I'm doing something data intensive.

I know there are others, but didn't Sprint announce an app that would turn WiFi on/off depending upon your location?

:(

I use my bluetooth all the time with my phone, this isn't a good look

couragedragon

May 16, 2012
Has anyone else had problems streaming Bluetooth. Bluetooth audio in my car is completely useless, plays for 1 second then stops for 2 seconds and plays another second and so on. Streaming to a Jambox is a little better but about every 5 to 10 seconds the volume will drop for about a second and then return to previous level. Had no problems at all with my 3D. Everything else seems to be fine, do I just have a unit with defective Bluetooth?

I've used my BT extensively over the past 3 days. In the car and around the house. No issues here.

jrags72

Jul 14, 2011
WiFi coming and going.. also lock screen messes up doesn't have the pull ring.. couple force close issues on xda

Sent from my EVO LTE using xda premium

gundamz2001

Jun 10, 2010
bluetooth

My phone is working great so far except one issue. When I get into my car, the phone won't connect to my car's headunit via bluetooth until I go into bluetooth setting and manually connect it to my car's headunit. Once it's connected, it doesn't disconnect/reconnect. FYI, I have wireless turned on but obviously, not connecting to WIFI networks while I'm driving.

On my OG evo, it connects to the car's Headunit within one minute after I turned on my car. So it is probably not the problem with my car. I have searched through the settings and couldn't find anything that would fix that issue. Does anyone know if there is such a setting ?

And I did have an issue with google voice. Apparently when the sprint rep activate my phone, she de-linked my account with my google voice account, so I had to go to google voice website and associate my sprint account with the google voice account again, and it seems to be working fine so far.

jeeplj8

Apr 25, 2011
A couple issues, but overall seems like a great device:

1) repeatedly indicates I need to set the time zone. I wonder if this has to do with Sprint's data network being incredibly flakey over the holiday weekend.
2) 3g speeds are dismal, I never realized how fast WIMAX was on my Evo. 3g speeds are nicht so gut.
3) HDR images are blurry, ghosted. no idea why.
4) some hyperlinks show up, some don't. have not figured out why.

cd419

Sep 29, 2010
My phone is working great so far except one issue. When I get into my car, the phone won't connect to my car's headunit via bluetooth until I go into bluetooth setting and manually connect it to my car's headunit.

I find that the best way to connect to a car BT is to have BT off then toggle BT on after the car has started. I have automated this by using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.perdeas.bluetoothpowerprofile&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5wZXJkZWFzLmJsdWV0b290aHBvd2VycHJvZmlsZSJd which toggles BT when I connect the phone to my car charger. You also may have luck with pressing one of the phone buttons in your car to get it to connect I find certain devices have luck with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please keep it civil in here and stay on topic. No matter what phone it is there's going to be some issues with launch day devices, so it's counterproductive to harass those who are having issues. At the same time if you've never seen one and aren't planning on buying one there's a very good chance you have no business whatsoever posting here.

Threads Cleaned.
    Putting my concerns on various sites provides maximum exposure. Hopefully someone would be able to come up with a suggestion that can help me with the problems on this phone. That may happen on this site or some other site. All I am trying to do it find solutions for the problems for my phone. Is it really wrong to try and ask multiple people for help?

Various sites is fine, various threads is not. This is not allowed here. Please confine your question to one thread only. Multiple people will help you on the one thread. Also keep in mind that you may not get answers to all of your questions or as quickly as you would like. The device is still new and people are still trying to navigate their way around it. Please be patient.
    Mine is running pretty smooth.

Might be an app that's not playing nice.

Some folks are having some issues with WIFI. TRy shutting WIFI off and see if it goes away.

I also tend to minimize apps using my location. They might all do a "Where am I" everytime you wake it.
    Proximity sensor doesn't seem to work when I am on a call. Screen turns off before I get the phone to my ear, doesn't turn back on when it leaves my ear, and if I then turn the screen on using the power button then the screen just stays on during the call even if put back to my ear.

Anyone else?

Try to calibrate the G-Sensor, Settings -> Display & Gestures, I tried it and it seems to be much better.
    Wow. I can't believe how many issues people are reporting already. I don't have mine yet, waiting on BB. Disappointing to hear all the issues, that's for sure. Hopefully there's a way to make HTC aware of them so they can push fixes. Or I'm sure our devs can take care of the non HW and non radio related issues.

sent from 2yr old Evo on ICS

Keep in mind there is no thread for non-issues. Mine is perfect so far. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my EVO using XDA