[Q] galaxy s3 i747m ROGERS to jelly bean cm10

Search This thread

ily112

Oct 15, 2012
Okay thanks! I just flashed CM10 and GApps, and it seems to work. A few problems though. I logged into my Google account, but the Calenders app doesn't grab the calendar info? It says its connected to my account. Also, when I try to use Google Now, it immediately closes and says "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped."

I also lost all my app data, but before I flashed I used Titanium Backup to backup the apps I wanted, but Titanium Backup wasn't there after the flash, so I installed it from the Play Store, but it's saying it doesn't have root access? I then go to SuperSU, and it immediately asks me if I want to update, but I've heard of people messing up their phones after updating through the app, so I press no, and it closes the app.

ily112

Oct 15, 2012
Did you flash the most current JB gapps?
I flashed gapps-jb.1.zip

EDIT: I went back to the path where it auto downloaded the GApps .zip, and went to the site <http://tom.gascoigne.me/jellybean/>, and there seems to be another version, gapps-jb.2.zip. How would I overwrite the already existing gapps file? Just put this zip into my phone, go into recovery, and flash it? Or do I need to wipe everything again and flash cm10 nightly and the gapps zip?

Last edited:
G

greenglue

I flashed gapps-jb.1.zip

EDIT: I went back to the path where it auto downloaded the GApps .zip, and went to the site <http://tom.gascoigne.me/jellybean/>, and there seems to be another version, gapps-jb.2.zip. How would I overwrite the already existing gapps file? Just put this zip into my phone, go into recovery, and flash it? Or do I need to wipe everything again and flash cm10 nightly and the gapps zip?

Download the GoogleApps from here for CM10, I used mirror 2 but they are all the same. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version/Google_Apps

Glad to know it worked though! CM10 for all! haha

ily112

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks! That fixed it! Now I just have one more problem, then I'll be good to go. I downloaded Titanium Backup from the Play Store again, to access the apps that I backed up previously, but when I open it, it says it doesn't have root permission? I made sure I selected fix permissions in recovery when I was flashing CM10, but Titanium Backup isn't getting the permissions. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciate it!

G

greenglue

Thanks! That fixed it! Now I just have one more problem, then I'll be good to go. I downloaded Titanium Backup from the Play Store again, to access the apps that I backed up previously, but when I open it, it says it doesn't have root permission? I made sure I selected fix permissions in recovery when I was flashing CM10, but Titanium Backup isn't getting the permissions. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciate it!

Good to know that helped! Best is to always get those GApps from CM themselves as it'll be the latest.
Do you have superuser of SuperSU installed? What if you run it and then make it re-download the su binaries and reinstall them. I know in superuser you can do that, not sure about SuperSU. Then reboot, and try TitBak again.

Glad I can help! And helping me get to my 100 post mark with 13 thanks so far!

ily112

Oct 15, 2012
I have SuperSU installed. When I open it, it prompts me to update binaries. When I do, it says installation failed. I've tried multiple times, to no avail.

G

greenglue

I have SuperSU installed. When I open it, it prompts me to update binaries. When I do, it says installation failed. I've tried multiple times, to no avail.

Try installing superuser from the play store and try to install its binaries, should fix the problem, also uninstall supersu and use superuser instead.

ily112

Oct 15, 2012
Got it working. I'm naming my firstborn after you, good sir. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
G

greenglue

Got it working. I'm naming my firstborn after you, good sir. Thank you very much.

Haha thanks! But you can call it whatever you want, doesn't have to have my name in it. Maybe just the color green, my favorite! haha
Glad I could help so much!
Enjoy your new CM10 phone!
Michael

kwalkerSG3

Nov 19, 2012
Trying to use CM10 on Rogers SGS3

Haha thanks! But you can call it whatever you want, doesn't have to have my name in it. Maybe just the color green, my favorite! haha
Glad I could help so much!
Enjoy your new CM10 phone!
Michael

I am trying to put CM10 on a Rogers SGS3. If I have it right, the file to use is d2att but CWM gives me a status 7 aborted message when I try to install that file.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") etc . . .

Same whether I use the stable version or the nightly. For all my trouble, when the phone boots now it goes back to the original samsung bloatware version without the changes I have made to get rid of what I can and add stuff. Is cm-10.0.0-d2att.zip the right file to use on a Rogers SGHI747 phone?

Stuck!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I am trying to put CM10 on a Rogers SGS3. If I have it right, the file to use is d2att but CWM gives me a status 7 aborted message when I try to install that file.

Same whether I use the stable version or the nightly. For all my trouble, when the phone boots now it goes back to the original samsung bloatware version without the changes I have made to get rid of what I can and add stuff. Is cm-10.0.0-d2att.zip the right file to use on a Rogers SGHI747 phone?

Stuck!

The correct phone model I am working with is SGH-I747M , baseband version I747MVLLH1. I got this phone several months ago when my Nexus S got wet and died. I had enjoyed JB on it for several months before that and miss it on the Samsung and figure if I leave it to Rogers, it will be months yet.

Felchy

Jun 25, 2011
Winnipeg

Stuck!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

The correct phone model I am working with is SGH-I747M , baseband version I747MVLLH1. I got this phone several months ago when my Nexus S got wet and died. I had enjoyed JB on it for several months before that and miss it on the Samsung and figure if I leave it to Rogers, it will be months yet.

The exact same thing happened to me last week. It was my first time flashing a custom ROM.

You need to update CWM to a new version. I used the instructions found here: http://andr0idtech.blogspot.ca/2012/09/how-to-install-latest-clockworkmod.html

After updating to CWM version 5.8.4.5, CM10 flashed properly.

Reactions: kwalkerSG3

kwalkerSG3

Nov 19, 2012
CWM upgrade did it

Upgrading CWM did it for me. I had actually downloaded a more up to date version, but hadn't flashed it so the version I was actually running was out of date. Working like a charm now, it is like getting a sliver out to get rid of the bloatware Samsung had on the phone and the phone is not very buttery! Well done Cyanogenmod, thanks!

CobrABC

Feb 20, 2013
Toronto
I have a similar Question.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (rooted, Canadian) SGH I747m on Rogers running on 4.1.1. I have not installed a Custom ROM yet and I would like CM to be my first. I have ROM Manager as I have heard that it would be easier to install it from there. Could any one of you offer a through guide on how to do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never liked CWM, I personally love TWRP as a recovery. Go to the app store and download GooManager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Stuck!

The exact same thing happened to me last week. It was my first time flashing a custom ROM.

You need to update CWM to a new version. I used the instructions found here: http://andr0idtech.blogspot.ca/2012/09/how-to-install-latest-clockworkmod.html

After updating to CWM version 5.8.4.5, CM10 flashed properly.