4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY s4 mini

Search This thread

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Customers of three big Canadian carriers, Bell, Rogers and Telus, reported this weekend that their Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 mini handsets are getting updated to Android 4.3. The update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 weighs in at a hefty 790MB and besides Android 4.3, the update also brings Samsung KNOX to both phones. This offers a secure set of applications that are protected from malware and viruses. We're talking about a browser, calendar, contacts and email applications that are in a "secure container" allowing you to use them for work without fear.

The update also makes both devices compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch and adds performance and UI improvements along with security enhancements. The update to the Samsung Galaxy S4 brings build number I337MVLUEMK6 to the phone while the new build version for the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is I257MVLUAMK5.

The update has been arriving to both models OTA and if you haven't received the notification yet, you can try to coax it out of the phone by going to Settings > About > Software Update.

SOURCE:PHONEARENA

sign.png

Rockologist

Apr 3, 2012
Cape Town
Is this update for s4 mini dual sim ?

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 2

Seeing as the firmware starts with "I257" it's probably not for the I9192, but I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

The firmware will probably be for the Bell S 4 Mini SGH-I257M, which is pretty close to the LTE S 4 Mini version GT-I9195, so the LTE version might be the next to get 4.3.

If I had to guess it'll still be a while for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9192 but who knows when it comes to official updates.

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Yes, you are right. But hopefully the 4.3 updates for other s4 mini models will be released. Like what happened with GALAXY S3. Initially Galaxy s3 international version got the JB 4.3 update and later t-mobile and other carriers got JB 4.3 for s3.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

sks93

Aug 13, 2012
Shah Alam
wonder when the 4.3 update will arrive? btw just updated my s4 mini to latest firmware and found that LINE messaging app and Gear manager app comes pre installed lol
y8ydemuv.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Anyone with the Verizon variant received it yet? I'm interested in a dump of the boot and system partitions. :)

I have a hunch that they messed up in the support document, as the build number they listed in the beginning is JDQ39, which is 4.2, but later in the document they mention 4.3. So hard to say what to believe, although I think it's only 4.2.

Last edited:

XxM4tzexX

Of course not. It keeps your emails and personal data secure, the same as locked bootloaders keep phones stock. :laugh:
(And yeah, it can be easily removed)

Knox is even more than just a locked bootloader. It creates a kind of a "box" or cave on your phone in which you work in. It was designed to support the bring-your-own-device-concept. Confidential data from your business are safe inside this cave (that's why it was called Knox).
You can delete the knox apps, but i don't know which benefit you will have. The newer firmware have a new bootloader with knox integrated. Trying to root or flashing a custom firmware will break know warranty void and it changes to 0x1. It is irreversible. And btw, it breaks OTA aswell.

And concernig the 4.3 update:
4.3 will most likely be skipped for kitkat.
Till then Samsung will only roll out security and stability updates.

RyQril

Jun 24, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Knox is even more than just a locked bootloader. It creates a kind of a "box" or cave on your phone in which you work in. It was designed to support the bring-your-own-device-concept. Confidential data from your business are safe inside this cave (that's why it was called Knox).
You can delete the knox apps, but i don't know which benefit you will have. The newer firmware have a new bootloader with knox integrated. Trying to root or flashing a custom firmware will break know warranty void and it changes to 0x1. It is irreversible. And btw, it breaks OTA aswell.

And concernig the 4.3 update:
4.3 will most likely be skipped for kitkat.
Till then Samsung will only roll out security and stability updates.

wait what? the newer firmware is kitkat you mean? and i rooted my device and install CM11 i can get the warranty back right? i mean the 4.2.2 firmware

XxM4tzexX

wait what? the newer firmware is kitkat you mean? and i rooted my device and install CM11 i can get the warranty back right? i mean the 4.2.2 firmware

Kitkat will be released for the s4 (mini) in February/March I assume.
I'm not 100% sure about the left-out 4.3 but I read it several times on the Internet.

Generally you lost warranty because you rooted your phone.
But if you installed the recovery and cm over the old bootloader, you have the possibility to reset the counter with Odin and flash the stock firmware. In this case you or the Samsung support won't probably notice that you altered your device. But as I said the newer bootloader has knox. And if you root with the newer one your warranty is definitely gone because "knox warranty void 0x1" is irreversible. This also means that Knox becomes useless because a "knox cave" can only be created with 0x0. For now it's not important anyways because the s4 mini isn't supported by Knox.
You can flash stock firmwares anyways. You just have to reset the counter to get ota working.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RyQril

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Hi,

I'm also looking for the firmware upgrade for the S4 Mini I9192 (dual SIM). Does anybody know where can I find more information about this regard?

Thanks in advance.

THERE YOU HAVE IT....THE LATEST UPDATE FOR YOUR S4 mini i9102

Model: GT-I9192
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 2195059
Build date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:12:01 +0000
Product Code: ZTM
PDA: I9192UBUBMK5
CSC: I9192ZTMBMK1
MODEM: I9192UBUBMK5
DOWNLOAD: Terafile

Hope This Helped :D

Enrique XDA

Apr 14, 2013
THERE YOU HAVE IT....THE LATEST UPDATE FOR YOUR S4 mini i9102

Model: GT-I9192
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 2195059
Build date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:12:01 +0000
Product Code: ZTM
PDA: I9192UBUBMK5
CSC: I9192ZTMBMK1
MODEM: I9192UBUBMK5
DOWNLOAD: Terafile

Hope This Helped :D

Hi,

Thanks in advance for the information! But I'd like to get the upgrade for the version 4.3 Jelly Bean. I already heard that some telecom carriers are allowing the OTA update, for example Verizon is already offering an upgrade to v4.3.

It would be great to find the way to upgrade the S4 Mini I9192 the latest Android version, but until now I can't find a specific site from where I can download the upgrade. How should I expect to get the update if my telecom carrier isn't offering this service? Can I do it by accessing to other source?

Thanks again for your feedback!

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Hi,

Thanks in advance for the information! But I'd like to get the upgrade for the version 4.3 Jelly Bean. I already heard that some telecom carriers are allowing the OTA update, for example Verizon is already offering an upgrade to v4.3.

It would be great to find the way to upgrade the S4 Mini I9192 the latest Android version, but until now I can't find a specific site from where I can download the upgrade. How should I expect to get the update if my telecom carrier isn't offering this service? Can I do it by accessing to other source?

Thanks again for your feedback!

I don't think so.... you would have to wait. You might get one by sammobile when the 4.3 update would roll out globally.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

XxM4tzexX

Hi,

This doesn't make sense. Verizon rolls out updates with 4.3 before Samsung officially supports 4.3 on the mini???

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
This doesn't make sense. Verizon rolls out updates with 4.3 before Samsung officially supports 4.3 on the mini???

The update from Verizon that all sites "claim" is 4.3 it is NOT . Still 4.2.2
So just wait until next year :)
I hope 4.4 will come directly and skip 4.3
Take a look at pic credits to @kc6wke

Attachments

• 2013_12_17_10.05.23.png
    2013_12_17_10.05.23.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
Reactions: kc6wke

Enrique XDA

Apr 14, 2013
The update from Verizon that all sites "claim" is 4.3 it is NOT . Still 4.2.2
So just wait until next year :)
I hope 4.4 will come directly and skip 4.3
Take a look at pic credits to @kc6wke

Hi folks,

Wow, this is really confusing! I can't understand how such a big company like Verizon is cheating to so many people! Or, are all those pages that are doing hype around this upgrade?

And what about the news that refer to Canadian companies, I also read that customers of Telus, Bell and Rogers reported an 790MB update in their phones...

What a mess :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Customers of three big Canadian carriers, Bell, Rogers and Telus, reported this weekend that their Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 mini handsets are getting updated to Android 4.3. The update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 weighs in at a hefty 790MB and besides Android 4.3, the update also brings Samsung KNOX to both phones. This offers a secure set of applications that are protected from malware and viruses. We're talking about a browser, calendar, contacts and email applications that are in a "secure container" allowing you to use them for work without fear.

The update also makes both devices compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch and adds performance and UI improvements along with security enhancements. The update to the Samsung Galaxy S4 brings build number I337MVLUEMK6 to the phone while the new build version for the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is I257MVLUAMK5.

The update has been arriving to both models OTA and if you haven't received the notification yet, you can try to coax it out of the phone by going to Settings > About > Software Update.

SOURCE:PHONEARENA

sign.png
    Anyone with the Verizon variant received it yet? I'm interested in a dump of the boot and system partitions. :)

I have a hunch that they messed up in the support document, as the build number they listed in the beginning is JDQ39, which is 4.2, but later in the document they mention 4.3. So hard to say what to believe, although I think it's only 4.2.
    Close this stupid thread..S4 Mini will get the 4.4.2 NOT 4.3......
    Close this thread s4 mini won't get 4.3 samsung will skip it ...s4 mini will get 4.4.2 soon