New Chromecast app - CastCage!

Search This thread

generationgav

Jan 4, 2006
It doesn't work, Win 7 64bit, Chrome 32.xxx it just says "casting to chromecast" and stays in a loop. On the tv you see the blue chromecast symbol but nothing happens.

This makes me think how many people are going to use this as an exploit....

The nice thing is, the code is in JavaScript and VERY simple; looks quite easy to make basic Chromecast extentions like this....(I don't think for a second this extends to everything) does anybody who has played with the SDK know if you can CC HTML5 pages, as this would make very interesting things, such as "live" data for....something! (OK not fully thought this through yet) or PC to TV interaction such as very simple games all look possible with just HTML.

antonholmstedt

Jan 29, 2009
The nice thing is, the code is in JavaScript and VERY simple; looks quite easy to make basic Chromecast extentions like this....(I don't think for a second this extends to everything) does anybody who has played with the SDK know if you can CC HTML5 pages, as this would make very interesting things, such as "live" data for....something! (OK not fully thought this through yet) or PC to TV interaction such as very simple games all look possible with just HTML.

Would be nice if possible! I'm controlling my lights and surveillance cameras through a webpage, would be cool to build a special page with cams and light statuses for chromecast and cast it to my TV :)