Noob with "Unlocked Phones"

Search This thread
J

justinisloco

Hi, so this may sound like a stupid question, but I have searched and searched via google even, and I don't know if im searching the terms incorrectly, or getting incorrect information...

I want to buy a Carrier-Free, Bloatware Free Galaxy S4 (Or 5 when it comes out, or even an HTC One)
I want to use it on AT&T GoPhone with LTE.

I see the different variants only working with AT&T 2G/3G or only H+, or only LTE.
When looking for a bloatware, and carrier free S4, what model should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

ExjeetzZ

Aug 29, 2012
Victoria BC
i9505

I'm assuming you live in the US since you are talking about AT&T LTE , Only possible answer i can get for you is to get the i9505 (No contract) & then rooting it and removing all the bloatware you do not like.
i9500 does not have LTE therefore i9505 is the most suitable for you

Alternatively You can get i9505 and install a custom rom which basically removes much of the unwanted apps & even then if you want to remove some more bloatware you can always do that.

J

justinisloco

You will get full and better support in this XDA forum 100% dedicated to AT&T Galaxy S4.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att
great isn't it?

Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. I am not looking for the AT&T variant of the s4, since I would like a carrier free phone. Hence why I was posting in this forum and not the AT&T.

I'm assuming you live in the US since you are talking about AT&T LTE , Only possible answer i can get for you is to get the i9505 (No contract) & then rooting it and removing all the bloatware you do not like.
i9500 does not have LTE therefore i9505 is the most suitable for you

Alternatively You can get i9505 and install a custom rom which basically removes much of the unwanted apps & even then if you want to remove some more bloatware you can always do that.

So the i9505 is an unlocked version? Do the unlocked phones also come with bloatware?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S

speedwayfan75

Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. I am not looking for the AT&T variant of the s4, since I would like a carrier free phone. Hence why I was posting in this forum and not the AT&T.

So the i9505 is an unlocked version? Do the unlocked phones also come with bloatware?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I think every S4 is coming with bloatware. Root and remove the bloatware is the only way to get rid of it.
What do you mean with unlocked? The bootloader? In this case you have to look for a I-9505 with android 4.2.2 and firmware older than mh5. (Germany) every newer firmware has a locked bootloader.