Petition for RevolutionaryS5 ROM

Do you want the development of revolutionary S5 to continue ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
exactly, and have i ever once asked them for anything?
yet ive been demanded a couple times

what exactly are my actions? a few people messaged me asking would i be okay if they put up a petition to restore development?
so by granting them permission its wrong?
and ofcoarse the moderators are excellent

once again, when did i ask anyone to beg for my rom?
too much typing before knowing facts?

right, ill make friends, might catch a plane half way accross the world to go watch a movie with someone i talk to on the net
there are ALOT of nice people on the forum, people i do like to talk to but be realistic, the most they could be is an acquaintance

You said, and I quote:

sorry guys but as i said to some people via PM the only way im gonna continue development is if you get enough people to post on a petition thread in the general section.

That is getting people to beg for you. That is the fact. Maybe they PM'd you, maybe you "granted" them permission to post a thread. But you supported it in your thread, and made it clear that you wanted people to beg for it.

And there is no need to be sarcastic about making friends on XDA. I have many. I may not have met of them offline, but that doesn't really matter at all. I wouldn't be where I am now without those friends I made, and I made them by not being an asshole.

At the end of the day you had the most popular ROM in the SGS3 section and you just destroyed that and your reputation over ETA requests. Congratulations and I wish you all the best for your future projects.

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52546210&postcount=4077

Dunno, but this post clearly states that you want to see "enough" users post there to continue the rom, its "the only way". You did not directly imply begging, but that's what its intended to be and will also end in.

that was suggested to me along with a donation thread etc.
whats the obvious choice here to take? :) peoples money or encouragement?
even after helping people via team viewer for hours never once would i request or accept a donation.

Last edited:

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
734 followers, the most on the SGS3 section. Twice that of OmniROM, an internationally reknown ROM. 100k downloads of your latest ROM... And you think people should post a poll to show you they want your ROM?

Please. If that's not encouragement enough for you, what is?

what would make me happy is if everyone enjoyed the rom, posted bugs in the bugs report section, posted feature request in the feature request section, didnt ask for ETA's and talked about RS5 on the thread :)
that is all..

v1zca1n0

Jan 16, 2005
Madrid
what would make me happy is if everyone enjoyed the rom, posted bugs in the bugs report section, posted feature request in the feature request section, didnt ask for ETA's and talked about RS5 on the thread :)
that is all..

You are rigth: less crying and more cooperation. About enjoy your work is imposible don't. Thank you and thak yoi

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
that is all..
There's a report button for a reason. Throwing your toys out of the pram is not the way to go about anything.

Also, newsflash: not everyone will enjoy your ROM. You WILL get people *****ing and moaning. You either deal with them, or report them. 2 years experience has taught me this.

lizard0101

Apr 26, 2009
Don't fight please. This is a technical, and not a psichological forum. Goal of the petition is clearly defined already. You either sign or not. This is the only action here needed. Makes no sense to to make someone under pressure, who is impressed and feel bad. People have to be patient with each other and be not offensive. Noone life is depending on the decision, so keep that in mind, when starting aruing each other. We,ve to accept the final decision withot complaining. Of course if the ROM continues we'll be all happy. So please only post yes or no in short,and if you feel the work so far was useful,say thanks if you would like to do so. Noone needs and wants to see fighting on a technical forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK... So as you probably know @ricky310711 decided to close the development of the RevolutionaryS5 ROM that he was developing with @SkywalkerZ .
    We all know how amazing the ROM is (especially V4 is promised to be one of the best ;) ) and in order for the development to continue, @ricky310711 need you to sign this petition.
    All you have to do is to let here a commentary that you want the development to continue.
    Also, you can vote in the poll ;)
    Please...DO NOT continue with whatever you we're doing ! This is pitiful already ! This is the school example of how developers should not be behaving. A petition thread for ROM development !? Petition !? Who are you guys ? Are we dealing here with key social issues or a useless rom which is not REVOLUTIONARY in any case... Get a Life ! We are dealing here with egocentric developers who just want from all of you to beg them for another rom release. "C'mon guys just xyz number of thanks hit and this will be the greatest s3 thread in xda history" they said...not to mention numerous rom threads closed by brilliant developers/investigators (sic) and so they said to release the lag free fix in an hour time, I believe it is 8-9 hours passed since then. What to say about the person who does not respect his own words spoken...I haven't seen so much disrespect for other developers nowhere like in this thread. Any rom you flash on your phone is a brilliant rom, better than this one. You will receive calls, messages, surf the net, play games, take photos everything you could do even when your phone was brand new...and you won't have to sign the petition. DISGRACEFUL !
    Clearly you have not even tried the rom.
    1. Out of no disrespect, I have no respect for you.
    2. XDA is a place to share projects to better users devices for free.
    3. You dont like a rom, dont use it, dont sit there talking about a completely different rom on the thread.
    4. As users, they also have obligations to follow

Ricky,

Agree to disagree!

Most things you said makes sense. Except a few, which we want you to understand.

1. "This petition is to restore the project respect and regain the health", "only way im gonna continue development is if you get enough people"

Really? There were 101375+3254 downloads for the V3. Doesn't it say something about the respect and health? I feel that the project is losing it's respect because it needs a petition now to keep it going?

2. And to talk about other ROMS in the thread - "dont sit there talking about a completely different rom on the thread"

Jeezz, this is a post from your thread on 30th Apr 2014.

"On AOSP ROM again now.. compared to this,it's really fast! I even installed Touchwiz theme. Now have S5 status bar icons and look and it's pretty good,even better. By I kinda still want to go back to this ROM. Can anyone help with lags? It's seriously laggy and slow as hell."

Your reply: "will release an update tonight or tommorow" - 30 Apr 2014

I don;t think this is the first time its happening. We talk about AOSP, boeffla kernel, Samsung 4.4 ROM and what not. So we don't understand why was that sudden outburst, when someone talked about some other ROM.

3. With regard to ETA - "Oh and btw, the lag fix takes what, 30 seconds to fix?"

Yes on XDA users aren't allowed to ask about ETA. I understand it's nagging/ pestering and disrespectful.

But again if I can quote some of your posts on V4 release,

"will release an update tonight or tommorow" - 30 Apr 2014
    "update coming out tonight" - 1st May 2014
    "now just wait a day or two for the most amazing rom to date to emerge" - 3 May 2014
    "THE ONLY RELEASE I AM RELEASING WILL BE IN 1 HOUR WITH THE LAG FIX" - 10 May 2014

I feel, it is you who is creating the hype with the release dates. And as a result people are starting to ask for ETA after a point of time when there are no signs of the ROM and no posts of you explaining anything. Please understand that.

4. And finally,

We respect you as a person, a developer and for your brilliant works at XDA.

But things like these are not acceptable to me.
    "take your crap and take it somewhere else unless your mentally challenged and cant read the thread title.
    actually you know what? How about I close this thread?"

I don't think this is a healthy attitude. Please try to change it.
    Mod Edit

Thread Closed

ronnie498
    Forum Moderator
    Please...DO NOT continue with whatever you we're doing ! This is pitiful already ! This is the school example of how developers should not be behaving. A petition thread for ROM development !? Petition !? Who are you guys ? Are we dealing here with key social issues or a useless rom which is not REVOLUTIONARY in any case... Get a Life ! We are dealing here with egocentric developers who just want from all of you to beg them for another rom release. "C'mon guys just xyz number of thanks hit and this will be the greatest s3 thread in xda history" they said...not to mention numerous rom threads closed by brilliant developers/investigators (sic) and so they said to release the lag free fix in an hour time, I believe it is 8-9 hours passed since then. What to say about the person who does not respect his own words spoken...I haven't seen so much disrespect for other developers nowhere like in this thread. Any rom you flash on your phone is a brilliant rom, better than this one. You will receive calls, messages, surf the net, play games, take photos everything you could do even when your phone was brand new...and you won't have to sign the petition. DISGRACEFUL !

Clearly you have not even tried the rom.
    1. Out of no disrespect, I have no respect for you.
    2. XDA is a place to share projects to better users devices for free.
    3. You dont like a rom, dont use it, dont sit there talking about a completely different rom on the thread.
    4. As users, they also have obligations to follow.

as for these "social issues" ALOT of respected devs have done as what I have done for less.
    This petition is to restore the project respect and regain the health.
    you dont like it, as an xda user please get lost somewhere on the forum.
    Oh and btw, the lag fix takes what, 30 seconds to fix? Literally. But the xebate is even on releasing that.
    or are you too a revolutionary S5 user asking for eta aswell?