[Q] Which alternate ROM is worth trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

poetter747

Dec 24, 2010
Hi there,

I went 19 month with Touchwiz, and to be honest, it pisses me of. It ever had micro lags. Battery live is great, if you don't touch it. So I'm ready to get done with it. To see if it is a software or a hardware problem I'd like to test an AOKP, AOSP or CM based ROM.

But with one is worth trying? I shouldn't be to uncommen, as more forum post mean a better chance to solve problems. Can anyone recomend a ROM worth trying?

kadir456

Nov 11, 2013
On XDA there is no best ROM thread allowed! #CloseRequest

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: UltimaAOSP (Valhalla - V1.1)
Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel-2.2-rc3-Omnirom

IceFresh

Apr 7, 2012
Actually he didn't ask for a best ROM but the one where he can observe lags etc.
I wouldnt recommend you pure CM because it's a bit buggy yet. Im actually at Slimkat and it works perfectly. I've tried 3 stock-based ROMs and on all I had little lags, and delays. Now on Slimkat everything is smooth and clear so maybe worth giving it a try:)

AMLB

May 8, 2013
You can also try Omnirom. Its currently in nightly stage but i haven't experience any problems. It has great battery and really fast. Has some decent features too. But its up to you which one you'd like to try.. It all depends on user preference. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.